test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

[Legacy of Romulus] UI/ HUD Feedback, Suggestions, ETC.

1192021222325»

Comments

• voicesdarkvoicesdark Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The one major thing I was really hoping that was going to get fixed is the "dancing interaction buttons". Sometimes they pop up in the middle of the screen and other times they appear on the right side where the low priority ones are supposed to be. Personally I would prefer it if they all appeared on the right side of the screen in the low priority interactions section.

Would like to see an option to lock camera in shoulder mount mode when enabling shooter mode. I never really bothered with shooter mode until the LOR open beta, and it's really not bad. The only issue I had with it was when disabling and then re-enabling shooter mode you have to re-zoom the camera every time. Being able to lock a zoom when enabling shooter mode would be a great option for those people that use gamepads as well.

I know this is more combat system than UI, but the red alert still lasts too long after combat is over. Once the last enemy in a group is destroyed red alert should instantly end.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • drachenfelesdrachenfeles Member Posts: 163 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    all I'd like is to change 'gorn' UI base green from 101/200/43 to something more like 55/90/0
  • colonelchenchuancolonelchenchuan Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Still want an option to make the costume editor/tailor default to advanced instead of basic so I dont have to look at needless heads and coveralls all the time.

The old editor had a toggle at least so you could just get right into the actual functions and not be bothered with "presets". Some may love that feature but I for one will never use "basic" options or any of your presets.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • toivatoiva Member Posts: 3,276 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The bugs that still 'bug' me the most are:
    - the FED blue loading screen appearing still on KDF, Rom characters on map transfers;
    - inconsistent color of warp-out trails on Romulan characters (they change from green to blue on FED allied Roms, from green to red on KDF allied Roms and back again).

Speaking of that, how come the Chel Grett has blue/red warp out trails on FED/KDF characters? Shouldn't it always be light green?
    TOIVA, Toi Vaxx, Toia Vix, Toveg, T'vritha, To Vrax: Bring in the Allegiance class.
    Toi'Va, Ti'vath, Toivia, Ty'Vris, Tia Vex, Toi'Virth: Add Tier 6 KDF Carrier and Raider.
    Tae'Va, T'Vaya, To'Var, Tevra, T'Vira, To'Vrak: Give us Asylums for Romulans.

Don't make ARC mandatory! Keep it optional only!
  • tylermaxwelltylermaxwell Member Posts: 184 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Various things I noticed on my Romulan character:
    • Red alert warnings are still voiced by the Federation computer voice (ala Majel Barrett), as opposed to something Romulan. I nominate the voice for Subcommander Mivek (the lady who you gives you Romulan mark missions in the Tau Dewa sector block I think) to do the VO for a true Romulan faction red alert system. She's very stern and official sounding. :)
    • While in Federation space, when switching sector blocks, my Romulan BOffs are displayed with the Federation bridge background. Haven't tried Klingon space yet, but I imagine that a similar effect occurs there.
    • I changed the costumes on some of my BOffs to give them Romulan Republic uniforms, but going to the character select screen, my captain was flanked by a bunch of Hiven clones, instead of my full BOff set. It stayed that way with multiple relogs and when I restarted the game later on. Clearing my away team set, relogging, and putting them back again seemed to fix it, but it was weird seeing clones.
    • [FED allegiance] Default NPC non-away team BOffs contacts are now random FED BOffs, as opposed to Rom characters as before. (I don't have any FED BOffs on this ROM character.)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • captaind3captaind3 Member Posts: 2,449 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Various things I noticed on my Romulan character:
    • Red alert warnings are still voiced by the Federation computer voice (ala Majel Barrett), as opposed to something Romulan. I nominate the voice for Subcommander Mivek (the lady who you gives you Romulan mark missions in the Tau Dewa sector block I think) to do the VO for a true

Seconded. I love hearing her, Jolan Tru. She sounds like a Boss :cool:
    The lovely Lani Minella.
    She should be the Fleet Admiral/Commander? for the Republic fleet. Which would be hilarious as she also voices Admiral T'Nae. But she does sound extremely official.

And on my transferred holodeck character, my ship still appears as my First Officer's legs. Now I like my first officers legs, they are great and the Seven of Nine boots are wonderful on her, but her legs won't carry me to the next star system. She's a Vulcan not a warp drive. It's an even weirder glitch because my native holodeck science officer is perfectly fine and her ship sits gloriously in the distance.
    tumblr_mr1jc2hq2T1rzu2xzo9_r1_400.gif
    "Rise like Lions after slumber, In unvanquishable number, Shake your chains to earth like dew, Which in sleep had fallen on you-Ye are many — they are few"
  • colonelchenchuancolonelchenchuan Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Has anyone mentioned the annoying heads in the costumes editor today?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ryukotsu69ryukotsu69 Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    "Personally, I find the UI to not be to my tastes, it looks a little too basic at this point, the colours look a little too simple and the popups are larger and seem to be more in the way than the current UI.

The login with character select is nice with the ship in the background and I also like the rotation of both character and ship in game, these two things are nice."

I agree with this completely, id very much like to have the old one back, even with the colour scheme changes I just really dislike everything else about it.