test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

[Legacy of Romulus] UI/ HUD Feedback, Suggestions, ETC.

Comments

• azurianstarazurianstar Member Posts: 6,985 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    to be honest with all the clown colored buttons all over the screen now I dont even notice the actual UI anymore. It could be bright pink for all i know

I agree. There is so much color with the new UI that it's just difficult to focus.

Even with the same exact setup as the old UI, for some reason my eyes are just having trouble finding the Health / Shields, even when they are in front of me. The Ship Power stands out far more due to the various colors.

With the old UI, you had a single color with the important parts colored - like Health, Shields, and Power. And that's why people wanted the color Icons, since the rest of the UI was one color, it was easier to find Icons. But with the new UI there is so much color, that now that we finally got color icons, it blends in. So in a way it's like we took a step backward.

Right now, I really wish we would get the option to use the new UI or the old UI. Color Icons or no Color Icons.
  • dalolorndalolorn Member Posts: 3,655 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Just repeating since this has been bugging me since the orginal closed BETA....

When you open your character screen, your inventory opens as well.

Not only is it annoying, i dont need inventory, having to close it, but depending on how you have your inventory windon set up can be very intrusive.

Can the Character window simply open the character screen please?

I find that it is sometimes more useful.

Infinite possibilities have implications that could not be completely understood if you turned this entire universe into a giant supercomputer.p3OEBPD6HU3QI.jpg
  • neotrident12neotrident12 Member Posts: 287 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Glad to see the Classic colour schemes. I find that it is hard to distinguish the edge of the boxes on screen, perhaps a glass edge could be added to appear as if we are typing on a glass console?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • topsettopset Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The need/greed popup box on the federation colour scheme needs changing. The text is black and almost unreadable, it needs to be made white :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Kirk's Protege.
  • kurumimorishitakurumimorishita Member Posts: 1,410 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    What I really would love to see is.. "numbered values" for all character creation sliders!!! .. and also "improved" fleet contribution sliders, too!!
    "We might get pretty singed at that range, but not as singed as they're going to get. Engage."
    - Captain Six of Nine aka Ashley "Don't Call Me Ash" Campbell
    q4F10XV.jpg
    ALWAYS OUTNUMBERED, NEVER OUTGUNNED
  • captaind3captaind3 Member Posts: 2,449 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Glad to see the Classic colour schemes. I find that it is hard to distinguish the edge of the boxes on screen, perhaps a glass edge could be added to appear as if we are typing on a glass console?

I see that. There's an aeroglass gloss sheen on most of the boxes on my screen.
    tumblr_mr1jc2hq2T1rzu2xzo9_r1_400.gif
    "Rise like Lions after slumber, In unvanquishable number, Shake your chains to earth like dew, Which in sleep had fallen on you-Ye are many — they are few"
  • colonelchenchuancolonelchenchuan Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The "Request Reinforments" button on the the BO ground controls just has to go.

Its ugly, distracting and useless.

IIRC it was added back in closed Beta because your crew would often not actually beam down or only a couple would. Like you beaming down as your spaceship, thats been fixed eons ago.

Cant say I have ever used it .

Did I mention it doesnt look nice and is useless?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited May 2013
    OK... been playing a week now and I dont actually get the purpose of the "Red Alert" screen.

The choice without Red Alert isnt acrtually the same color but "Classic".

Prefer the color of the "normal one" just without the Red Alert.

Combined with our new Skittles UI, the Red Alert just makes the UI a bit more intrusive and less attractive.

Most of the time my screen is the maroon red since Im in Red Alert most of the Time.

Might as well just be using the KDF color scheme
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • frtoasterfrtoaster Member Posts: 3,352 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Here are my comments and suggestions regarding the color-coded power icons.

Captain powers: The color of Engineering Fleet does not match that of the other engineering captain abilities. I have not checked Science Fleet and Tactical Fleet; they may also be incorrect. I'm not sure, but Support Drone may also be the wrong color.

http://i.imgur.com/QpMpfDH.png

The engineering yellow and captain orange are too similar. I would change the colors to make them easier to distinguish. It doesn't help that trait abilities are also orange.

http://i.imgur.com/dmmgfnu.png

I think career-specific captain abilities should be distinguished from boff and kit abilities. Right now, yellow dominates the ground tray of an engineering captain with an engineering kit and the space tray of an engineering captain in an engineering-oriented ship. Similar comments apply to science and tactical. I would make all captain abilities the same color, career-specific or not; perhaps, keep them as white.

http://i.imgur.com/JVEssIC.png

Item and set powers: Why do item and set powers have an orange tinge to them? Why not just keep them as white?

http://i.imgur.com/o3edb0D.png

Reputation powers: Is the reputation color supposed to be green? The colors of Medical Nanite Cloud and Quantum Singularity Manipulation don't match: Medical Nanite Cloud is yellow-green, and Quantum Singularity Manipulation is blue-green.

http://i.imgur.com/lipYSJa.png

Science powers: The science blue is too light: it doesn't stand out against the default Federation color scheme.

http://i.imgur.com/d6iKpQf.png
    Waiting for a programmer ...
    qVpg1km.png
  • eazzieeazzie Member Posts: 4,162 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Give us the option to change our UI. Under General, put UI Option:

In the Toolip
    FED Classic (blue UI we all know and love)
    KDF Classic (Red UI we all hate)
    Lcars (Black Bulk UI, no ones gonna like)

THERE ARE NO DRAWBACKS FOR ADDING THIS...

Make everyone happy, let us use our own UI...

Have you seen ... I made a similiar suggestion in mt closed beta feedback regarding the UI. have just been on Tribble. They have added new variations to KDF FED and Romulan UI. Proves the guys do read what we have to say and do take notice.
  • reximuzreximuz Member Posts: 1,172 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Loving the color coded buttons, but wish that abilities that have a shared CD had a shared icon that is also colored coded, but in a different sharad color.

Some have similarities, like EPTx has an Arrow, but its size and position isn't consistently placed on the icon. X Teams are the most consistent, and some shared abilities, like Attack Pattern X don't seem to have any common indicators at all.

I realize because of time constraints that this might not make it in any time soon, but I hope it will be considered as a long term goal.
    edited May 2013
    Havent noticed before. but now when mousing over colors in Character Creater, my head bobs up and down
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • molen#7916 molen Member Posts: 55 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    A suggestion for the "Available skills" screen.

It would be nice if instead of just a long list of all the skills where it's hard to find a particular skill sometimes we could get tabs splitting the skills in "Captain" skills and "Bridge officer" skills. The boff tab could then be divided further into "Tactical", "Engineering" and "Science". This would make it more efficient to find a particular skill you're searching for.
    edited May 2013
    1) Map / Minimap - Players are small white dots. Hard to find, please return to previous icons.

2) Cannot use Window Minimize, have to Alt-Tab to get to the Internet.
  • toivatoiva Member Posts: 3,276 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    2) Cannot use Window Minimize, have to Alt-Tab to get to the Internet.

Curious, works for me, ... unless I'm in a Loading screen. Then the minimize button is completely unresponsive.

On holodeck, it works even when changing maps.
    TOIVA, Toi Vaxx, Toia Vix, Toveg, T'vritha, To Vrax: Bring in the Allegiance class.
    Toi'Va, Ti'vath, Toivia, Ty'Vris, Tia Vex, Toi'Virth: Add Tier 6 KDF Carrier and Raider.
    Tae'Va, T'Vaya, To'Var, Tevra, T'Vira, To'Vrak: Give us Asylums for Romulans.

Don't make ARC mandatory! Keep it optional only!
    edited May 2013
    toiva wrote: »
    Curious, works for me, ... unless I'm in a Loading screen. Then the minimize button is completely unresponsive.

On holodeck, it works even when changing maps.

Yes, Holodeck it works. But it doesn't work for me on Tribble, loading or normal game play.

Also, I mentioned on the Wasteland Feedback, but we should get a function added to the UI that beams your BOFFs to your current location with the increased risk them getting stuck in the terrain. Which could also be useful in other maps and Foundry missions.
  • frtoasterfrtoaster Member Posts: 3,352 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    From the patch notes on May 7, 2013:
    • Loading screens now adhere to your color palette colors.
    • Updated most color palettes to slightly lower saturation and contrast of button idle states.

I'm not sure I like the lower saturation of the loading screens. The loading screen with the default Federation color scheme now looks quite dark.
    Waiting for a programmer ...
    qVpg1km.png
  • toivatoiva Member Posts: 3,276 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    frtoaster wrote: »
    From the patch notes on May 7, 2013:

I'm not sure I like the lower saturation of the loading screens. The loading screen with the default Federation color scheme now looks quite dark.

The bigger trouble (that I reported somewhere around here) is that I still get FED loading screen on Roms and Klingons half the time.

Reminds me a bit of Klingon red warp trails on my Romulan, that also happens randomly like half the time. Except it only starts with his allying with KDF.
    TOIVA, Toi Vaxx, Toia Vix, Toveg, T'vritha, To Vrax: Bring in the Allegiance class.
    Toi'Va, Ti'vath, Toivia, Ty'Vris, Tia Vex, Toi'Virth: Add Tier 6 KDF Carrier and Raider.
    Tae'Va, T'Vaya, To'Var, Tevra, T'Vira, To'Vrak: Give us Asylums for Romulans.

Don't make ARC mandatory! Keep it optional only!
  • admiralbrad77admiralbrad77 Member Posts: 68 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    im gonna say i actually love the LCARS interface bottom line. And like if there is a plasma fire on the ship it idk the graphics just really show whats happening i dont know i dont remember if it did before but to me its alot better. I enjoy it alot now. :)
  • greuceangreucean Member Posts: 111 Arc User
    edited May 2013

Also, can we have the option to use the old UI? I am finding it the new UI even on different colors is hard on the eyes.

Totally behind this. I find the new UI bulky and unattractive, or rather plain ugly. Personal preference, I would REALLY REALLY like the option to use the old UI instead.
  • zabojca13795zabojca13795 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    You can fix yourself should adjust the color, do not select from established patterns
  • aelfwin1aelfwin1 Member Posts: 2,896 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    - Please enlarge and separate the Map / Minimap button on the UI .
    Right now it's too small and too close to the rest of the UI buttons .

- Please add another vertical row of buttons to the "grid" power tray UI , in space as well as ground .
    With new powers added (via Reputations) this is needed .
    edited May 2013
    You can fix yourself should adjust the color, do not select from established patterns

not talking about colour
  • akwartz01akwartz01 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I am really disliking the new UI.

It doesn't look good and manages to be minimalist yet not as simple as the previous one.
  • faulgorfaulgor Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Really love the new UI. Especially the background for dialogues and contacts. Wanted this since beta!
    If there's one thing I'd change, I'd add the option to have buttons with a solid color instead of the current gradient.

The space combat UI is a bit all over the place and incoherent, but it's always been, so I can't really attribute that to the new look.
  • bignutterbignutter Member Posts: 125 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Bug: The Tholian Shield/Defector/Impulse Engine set Bonus ability icon Looks very much like the Isometric Charge, which I also have. The Colours are the same when they're Active!

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=144703993

Can you tell me what in Slot 5 and C7?
  • gabesoutogabesouto Member Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Pretty please, give us the chance to disable those boring/awful/terrible 'scan artifacts/signals/unknown' inside missions, that only let us waste time when scanning for the main goals of the mission. I'm not interested on crafting at Memory Alpha and I'm sure there are a lot of people feeling the same about this. Just give us the chance to disable those missions from the 'Options' menu.

BTW, the HUD/UI is nice. No complaints about it.

Thanks in advance,
    Gabriel
    edited May 2013
    Glad people like the new UI, but still would like an option to use the old UI instead.
  • mattdawsonmattdawson Member Posts: 87 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I would suggest in addition to being able to recolour the UI, also have an option to select between Federation, Klingon and Romulan designs.

Aside from that, I'd also suggest a slight re-design of the Romulan UI to make it a bit less block-y.
  • darkdeity20xxdarkdeity20xx Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Well the UI isn't as attractive as publicity efforts have been promoting. The idea of being able to customize is cute - but I would also prefer the idea to keep it as is.

I gotta say I loved target practice - shooting vases that keep coming back was a solid intro to weapons training lol