test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Scheduled Maintenance (March 28, 2013)

pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
edited March 2013 in Galactic News Network [PC]
Hi Captains,

We will be bringing down Star Trek Online tomorrow, Thursday, March 28th, at 7AM PDT (click here to view in your timezone) for maintenance and to apply a new patch. Patch notes can be found here, and we expect this maintenance to only last for 2 hours. The test server may also be unavailable during this time.

Thanks for your patience and understanding,

- The Star Trek Online Team
Post edited by pwebranflakes on

Comments

• born2bwild1born2bwild1 Member Posts: 1,329 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    The Junior doff Cxp bonus has a timer running - will that be allowed to run out and you just won't be able to go to the academy and re-new - or will it just end no matter what time is left still on your characters timer?
  • allyoftheforceallyoftheforce Member Posts: 736 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Gamma Orionis Sector Defense Accolade being fixed included in this stabilizing?
  • wilbor2wilbor2 Member Posts: 1,684 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    wot happened to fixing in game bugs? does the in game bug report work as ive been putting in bug reports over past year and u not fixed one of them e.g on my kdf toon if i equip both quads and fleet cannons one stops shoting when in cse it gets a white line around it n wont shot. only way to fix it is to log in and out or die i dont like dieing

FIX IN MISSION BUGS PLEASE
    gs9kwcxytstg.jpg
  • mrlizardomrlizardo Member Posts: 155 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Here's hoping the servers will indeed become more stable after this.
    sarkasmo_by_spacepope13-d9rcbjs.jpg

"You seem to have gotten some of your blood in my raktajino. This is unfortunate."
  • martin1970giesenmartin1970giesen Member Posts: 217 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    After the last patch i have times i can't play couse of the laggg hope this update will fix it.
    Keybind: http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=9355971&postcount=463
    Bone1970 don't believe in a no-win senario, Kirk's protege. Fed Tac.
    Bone Trader don't belief in a no-win senario, Kirk's protege. Fed Tac.
    Bone2 don't believe in a no-win senario, Kirk's protege. KDF Eng.
    Warning: Not a native English-speaker, sorry if my English sucks.
  • lexusk19lexusk19 Member Posts: 1,412 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Server stability... Ok so never mind the hundreds of bugs that plague the game and have plagued it since launch? O.o Why do you never fix the bugs!?

Yours truly..
    Nothing but a dollar sign to you...
    1e3sni150tar.jpg
  • gypsybladegypsyblade Member Posts: 730 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Well I'm for one hoping the "server stability" includes the CTD I've been getting from the game the past few weeks. Damn things been driving me insane
  • idronaidrona Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Short patchnotes is short. :cool:
    signwidrona.png
  • mrlizardomrlizardo Member Posts: 155 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I'm hoping the short patch notes means no additional downtime, but who knows for sure? Not me.
    sarkasmo_by_spacepope13-d9rcbjs.jpg

"You seem to have gotten some of your blood in my raktajino. This is unfortunate."
  • milestfoxmilestfox Member Posts: 147 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    ... The maintenance hadn't even started, and the whinging had begun.

It is a sad day.
  • cmdrscarletcmdrscarlet Member Posts: 5,137 Arc User
    edited March 2013
  • siskofan1991siskofan1991 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    wilbor2 wrote: »
    wot happened to fixing in game bugs? does the in game bug report work as ive been putting in bug reports over past year and u not fixed one of them e.g on my kdf toon if i equip both quads and fleet cannons one stops shoting when in cse it gets a white line around it n wont shot. only way to fix it is to log in and out or die i dont like dieing

FIX IN MISSION BUGS PLEASE

I've had this bug happen to me before too in ISE with my quantum torpedoes, but it hasn't happened enough for me to get really all that annoyed. Sure when it happens I get annoyed, but usually if I die (I don't like it either, but it does happen) or when the STF is over and I change instance, the bug goes away and the torp is usable again. That is probably why they haven't fixed it yet. It isn't completely "game breaking."
    Captain Steven "Sarge" DePoe, Senior Captain, Aurcanis Star Operations; CO USS Leyte Gulf
    Captain Marida Harper, Co-Director 5th Armored Division; CO USS Infinity
    Captain Gurrat Reen, member MACO 7th Fleet, CO USS Milwaukee
    Commander Korn, General, House MeQ'pu'yay 7th KAG
  • jam3s1701jam3s1701 Member Posts: 1,825 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    i wanted to play this afternoon lol and being in the UK the maintence really gets boring....

I ask and i already know the answer lol cant this be done in time zones at diff times like in the UK GMT at 3am - 5am when no one plays lol not slap bang in the middle of the day,,,,,
    JtaDmwW.png
    edited March 2013
    jam3s1701 wrote: »
    i wanted to play this afternoon lol and being in the UK the maintence really gets boring....

I ask and i already know the answer lol cant this be done in time zones at diff times like in the UK GMT at 3am - 5am when no one plays lol not slap bang in the middle of the day,,,,,

Your 3am-5am is my 10pm-midnight, prime play time.

Cryptic's looked at when the most people are on, when the least are.
    They do it during the time when globally, the least are on.

So... Please be patient and realize there are other players.
    edited March 2013
    is this done for USA play only thou as if you look around the world this cant be true can it :-s
    JtaDmwW.png
  • synwrathswifesynwrathswife Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    lexusk19 wrote: »
    Server stability... Ok so never mind the hundreds of bugs that plague the game and have plagued it since launch? O.o Why do you never fix the bugs!?

Yours truly..
    Nothing but a dollar sign to you...

Without server's you have would no game to connect too, thus the horse must come before the wagon. - Isulaya Fleet Officer Borg Syndicate
    My two cent's take em or leave em......
    Officer of Fed side - Borg Syndicate: Isulaya (FED Sci) & Isu'laya (ROM Eng) . Admin/Head Officer of KDF side - Blood Empire: A'Nari (KDF Tac). Both have 400+ (usually 500) active fleet members in each of the fleets = I is one busy woman.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited March 2013
    milestfox wrote: »
    Your 3am-5am is my 10pm-midnight, prime play time.

Cryptic's looked at when the most people are on, when the least are.
    They do it during the time when globally, the least are on.

So... Stfu.

stfu!!

really hope that doesn't mean what i think it does.......
    JtaDmwW.png
    edited March 2013
    is this done for USA play only thou as if you look around the world this cant be true can it :-s

Look at a world map.

Look at the UK and Europe.

Now look at the USA.

Now look back at the UK and Europe.

Now realize that the USA is larger, more people, more gamers in general.

If they made a chinese-language version of this game, then the maintenances would be done during the times when the chinese were asleep, or at work, because they'd skew the player level numbers.
    edited March 2013
    Cryptic _could_ follow the path WoW did, if they had the player numbers.

Have seperate UK/Europe servers with their own maintenance schedule.

The UK/Europe servers would only serve UK/Europe players, and be completely seperate from the World ones.

UK/Europe players would never see other players, unless (like WoW) they paid a fee to have a COPY of their character done, to the World server.

If you wish to pay cryptic to run seperate servers for you, so you do not have to have the same downtimes as others.. then more power to you.
    edited March 2013
    lol mate you really need to chill more i wasn't trying to start a argument or get this kinda backlash for a simple Question!!
    JtaDmwW.png
  • p3aussiep3aussie Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    ok Ladies and Gents.

Let's hold off on the pissing contest for the moment. Can we all agree that if the server stability is corrected to match the increasing number of people that wish to join up on STO so they can be able to enjoy this game is just as important as any bugs currently happening.

Secondly for all we know, the romulan expansion could possible have the corrections and fixes to most of the problems that are currently happening at the moment of time. Please keep in mind that Cryptic is doing what they can when they can, when as many people as they possibly can.

Thirdly would you rather they send out fixes and corrections to problems that could possibly and potential cause more harm than good and could also cause more problems?

I'm sure that Cryptic isn't in any way, shape or form trying to neglect nor forget about those bugs and issues that are currently going on. And if they did correct a "small" issue that is going on don't you think that they have to prioritise and sort out how much of an issue and its urgency to when they should have it corrected.

Please don't take what I say as a mean to be nasty at anyone. I am just stating and asking that we all should be patience and please give cryptic's staff the chance and opportunity to fix everything as best as they can.
  • hoovergkmmchoovergkmmc Member Posts: 161 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    SO much anger LOL
  • rvlion79rvlion79 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    This is probably a US game so why are people even surprised that EU gamers will always come second???

Every MMO I have played had maintenance during EU daytime.

So basicly for me it is either forever play single player games or get screwed with daytime maintenance because frankly... WoW is the worst game I have played in my entire life so it is no option. :P
  • rblaher988rblaher988 Member Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Cryptic _could_ follow the path WoW did, if they had the player numbers.

Have seperate UK/Europe servers with their own maintenance schedule.

The UK/Europe servers would only serve UK/Europe players, and be completely seperate from the World ones.

UK/Europe players would never see other players, unless (like WoW) they paid a fee to have a COPY of their character done, to the World server.

If you wish to pay cryptic to run seperate servers for you, so you do not have to have the same downtimes as others.. then more power to you.

That Would have been fine from the beginning, but now that's just a bad Idea.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • captainbaileycaptainbailey Member Posts: 356 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    id certainly pay to be on our own server where i know people would have to know english so maybe they would understand the instructions im giving in a stf and therefore maybe they wouldnt fail as often as they do in pugs. also be nice to not see loads of gibberish fill my chat window up as well and it be nice for them to do maintanence when im sleeping so i can play when im awake.
  • hagar3hagar3 Member Posts: 145 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Firstly, regarding the timings of fixes and maintenance. Has it occurred to any of you that Cryptic is going to do these things during the time when its staff are there to do so? Just because this means that it is 2pm-4pm UK time doesn't mean that they are doing it deliberately to upset UK players. They are choosing the best time to fix things in their own time zone. It's not their fault this affects other time zones differently.

Secondly, as regards the bugs everyone moans about. As a former programmer and PC Engineer of many years I know just how difficult it can be to track down and fix a bug at times. First you have to reproduce the bug and find out how it occurs. This may mean having the bug appear a few times while you track down its cause. Then you have to try to solve the bug without affecting the rest of the program. And in a game as complicated as STO that can be difficult.

And while most programmers would love to be able to fix every bug in a program, there are always priorities and schedules to keep. Which means that you just don't always have the luxury of time to find and eliminate everything.

So how about we cut these guys a little slack here and have a bit more patience.
    In case no one can hear you...scream
    edited March 2013
    lol mate you really need to chill more i wasn't trying to start a argument or get this kinda backlash for a simple Question!!

*chuckles*

I'm completely chill. Merely pointing out that the same complaints by UK/Europe players that are made during _every_ scheduled maintenance.. yeah.
  • noshufflenoshuffle Member Posts: 271 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Look at a world map.

Now look at the USA.

If they made a chinese-language version of this game, then the maintenances would be done during the times when the chinese were asleep, or at work, because they'd skew the player level numbers.

Metthinks you need a pair of glasses, if you stick to this reasoning. Europe, population of 603 million at 2008, North America (USA, Canada, Mexico) a 444 million at 2008. Now realize that you are talking out of the back of your neck.
    OK, if I have to stay here for a while, your cieling ... looks idious.:D
  • jihashimojihashimo Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    The moderators need to start locking these threads. They are meant to be for information in regards to server status, not for whoever can troll the most or sit there and whine about bugs and in game issues that have been around since PWE took over. Or even issues that existed long before then. If there's an issue, then please post it in the appropriate section of the forums, and leave these announcements alone. Noone likes sifting through page after page of trolling.
  • rvlion79rvlion79 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Look at a world map.

Now look at the USA.

Could you please get your facts straight BEFORE you post BS.
    Wikipedia page
    USA : 315.567.000

Germany : 81.993.000
    France : 65.605.000
    United Kingdom : 63.181.775
    Italy : 59.499.534
    Spain : 47.265.321
    Poland : 38.533.789
    Total of only 6 countries : 321.398.419
    If you count the entire American continent you would be correct in the total amount of potential gamers, BUT only 6 countries combined go WAY beyond the pop.count of the USA, imagine if you counted them all because that would probably go way beyond 400 mil.

Please think before you post nonsence. :cool:
This discussion has been closed.