test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Romulan faction...

Comments

• grazyc2#7847 grazyc2 Member Posts: 1,988 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    i was thinking that on march 20, or 21st(date that timer is to end on), may be the first episode of a new Romulan FE series, and like the Dominion FE series, more episodes will be added over time to the series.

I was thinking too that maybe in May would be the big conclusion of the series.

Also that maybe on that same day in May or the next day with the patch will come a Romulan faction as part as the big "celebration" or "conclusion".

Idk if this has been suggested or not, i just thought it up in bed after watching some TNG the other night.

I would sugest for you to wait we don't know what they have to say 20 march is only a press release and that they make it look romulan is nice, for the same reason they anounce STO 2 or for that mather they anounce that they will sell sto to someone else, we just don't know...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Coffee: the finest organic suspension ever devised. It's got me through the worst of the last three years. I beat the Borg with it."
  • startrek1234567startrek1234567 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    kirk2390 wrote: »
    I would sugest for you to wait we don't know what they have to say 20 march is only a press release and that they make it look romulan is nice, for the same reason they anounce STO 2 or for that mather they anounce that they will sell sto to someone else, we just don't know...

It was just a idea i had throw out there, could not hold it in.
  • snoggymack22snoggymack22 Member Posts: 7,084 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    lizwei wrote: »
    Do you know how dull levelling up a Fed is?
    Not dull at all. When I first levelled up a Fed, I could do it by gaining XP in story arcs (some of which were really awesome as they had Spock, the Guardian of Forever, Miral Paris, a Founder, even Riker's kid ... TOM Riker's kid in them).

I could also do it with patrols. And Exploration. And non-combat scanning things like plants and columns.

When I first levelled up my Klingon, I had no access to any of that. No patrols. No story arcs. All just PvP and added PvP "Get killed" or "Kill X" bonus side quests.

They eventually added patrols. And, heh, get this ... exploration. Of a sort. Do you know how long it took for Klingons to get a TRICORDER? A Tricorder, yes. When the KDF was given exploration missions they were not given working tricorders. And that bug ... which was a bug ... stayed that way. For months. Eventually Stormshade tried, in all of his silliness, to convince the players this was intentional, because Klingons didn't have tricorders or some other nonsense.

This is the kind of stuff that makes Klingon veterans annoyed with Cryptic's development team. They put something in the game half-TRIBBLE$ed and then don't follow through. That's the entire history of the KDF. Incomplete with little follow through.

So to the poster above who is happy that they can just start up at commander level, and they don't see the issue ... remember some of us levelled up without working tricorders.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited March 2013
    solomace wrote: »
    Has the below changed?

1. Cryptic keep on telling us, this game is a Fed game.
    2. Fans keeping on telling us this is a Fed game.
    3. People tell us all the time, "Star Trek movies and the TV programs, were about the Feds".
    4. Cryptic don't do multi factions well.

I laugh when I read Rommie fans like you berating KDF fans calling them whiners.

Payback is a ....

That's an excellent point.

Romulan fans, I can't wait for the first DStahl post where he tells you all that Romulans are only 12% of the playerbase and as such resources can't be allocated to fix the bug on your Tal'Shiar cloak bonus, or the firing bug on your D'Deridex Warbird or something along those lines.

I also can't wait to read the first post from lizwei in about six months saying they are tired of all the Romulan whining and complaining. Or a post from someone else saying the show was about Picard and Sisko, not Tomalak.

By then they may have finally released the Male Skant uniform, and an updated Jupiter Uniform series 2.0 with 17 new ugly Fed overcoats, but not a single Romulan uniform to the C-Store.

It will be business as usual.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • grazyc2#7847 grazyc2 Member Posts: 1,988 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Not dull at all. When I first levelled up a Fed, I could do it by gaining XP in story arcs (some of which were really awesome as they had Spock, the Guardian of Forever, Miral Paris, a Founder, even Riker's kid ... TOM Riker's kid in them).

I could also do it with patrols. And Exploration. And non-combat scanning things like plants and columns.

When I first levelled up my Klingon, I had no access to any of that. No patrols. No story arcs. All just PvP and added PvP "Get killed" or "Kill X" bonus side quests.

They eventually added patrols. And, heh, get this ... exploration. Of a sort. Do you know how long it took for Klingons to get a TRICORDER? A Tricorder, yes. When the KDF was given exploration missions they were not given working tricorders. And that bug ... which was a bug ... stayed that way. For months. Eventually Stormshade tried, in all of his silliness, to convince the players this was intentional, because Klingons didn't have tricorders or some other nonsense.

This is the kind of stuff that makes Klingon veterans annoyed with Cryptic's development team. They put something in the game half-TRIBBLE$ed and then don't follow through. That's the entire history of the KDF. Incomplete with little follow through.

So to the poster above who is happy that they can just start up at commander level, and they don't see the issue ... remember some of us levelled up without working tricorders.

My KDF Cardessian alien level up the same way from lvl 1 to 50, we had indeed tricorders that didn't work, but when we had some advantages over the feds, they started whining about it and we lost it after a 3 year protesting they finally see us KDF and willing to give us something. We have now PVP where we began, we have a little story arc to go with we where granted the story lines and STF to join.
    We want more but it's going to take time so I disagree on even try to make romulan a playable faction because Klingon's have to be done first....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Coffee: the finest organic suspension ever devised. It's got me through the worst of the last three years. I beat the Borg with it."
    edited March 2013

Romulan fans, I can't wait for the first DStahl post where he tells you all that Romulans are only 12% of the playerbase and as such resources can't be allocated to fix the bug on your Tal'Shiar cloak bonus, or the firing bug on your D'Deridex Warbird or something along those lines.

I also can't wait to read the first post from lizwei in about six months saying they are tired of all the Romulan whining and complaining. Or a post from someone else saying the show was about Picard and Sisko, not Tomalak.

By then they may have finally released the Male Skant uniform, and an updated Jupiter Uniform series 2.0 with 17 new ugly Fed overcoats, but not a single Romulan uniform to the C-Store.

I dont mind klingon players protesting a romulan faction, but honestly it really isn't for this thread. Klingon players protesting was not why i started this thread.

Plus i was not supporting or going against a romulan faction, i was just posting out my idea of what many happen in 3 or 4 days.

All im saying is, is that i did not start this thread for people to complain about the klingon faction
    edited March 2013
    LOL, people like you are going to be sooo let down. It is very sad.

Noooo im not. Its already fact that something romulan or reman or what ever is going to happen. the only thing i expect is something romulan or reman happening.

All i did was throw out something i thought of. Im not fully supporting my own idea. In fact it is probabaly not correct, i just wanted to see what you guys would think of it. There is nothing sad about any of this.
  • lizweilizwei Member Posts: 936 Arc User
    edited March 2013

I'm not talking about how it *was*, I'm talking about how it *is* and currently it's fine.
    I mean what, do you want them to not add a Romulan faction because the KDF used to be half-assed? What's the point in that?
  • dunnlangdunnlang Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013

I'm completely fine with being a niche faction. Simply the ability to exist, in STO, as a Romulan will be far more than we have had.

I believe that you will find most Romulan fans to be quite accepting of what they get. As I have seen, we are not the type to demand some perceived "equality". Romulans never will be, nor should be, equal in content to the Federation. It's not realistic.

The KDF received a great deal of content at times since the game launched, but the players rarely recognize that. The truth is that Cryptic will never dig themselves out of this KDF hole, even if the factions were 100% identical. KDF players would still be outraged that it took so long, so they deserve everything first, or that their ships should still be better than the Fed ships. It never ends with that faction.

Most Romulan players I have encountered in other games are just pleased as punch to exist in an STO game. The core groups of players are very different in my experience. We'll see what the additional players bring.
    [SIGPIC]Want to know more about Cryptic's hidden lottery odds and outcomes? Read my posts below.[/SIGPIC]
    Lock Boxes: The true value - (thread link)
    Jem'Hadar Bug Odds - (thread link)
    Galor Creation Rate - (thread link)
    Find me in TSW - TSW Chronicle Profile
  • lizweilizwei Member Posts: 936 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Well you can't say that Klingon self-indulgent petulance vs. Romulan quiet, contemplated and calculating patience isn't authentic roleplay!
  • solomacesolomace Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    dunnlang wrote: »
    I believe that you will find most Romulan fans to be quite accepting of what they get. As I have seen, we are not the type to demand some perceived "equality".

The KDF received a great deal of content at times since the game launched, but the players rarely recognize that.

Yea right. It's all well and good saying this now, but if/when your faction is launched, it will only take a bit before you want more.

1 costume, a couple of ships and some green, isn't going to satisfy you for long.

Maybe the KDFers prefer some quality?

What I don't get is why the Rommies would settle for some mediocre meh, just so long as they get something? Sometimes something "isn't" better than nothing.

What you should be asking for is a fully fledged faction just like "most" Mmos have which is multiple "fully" rich factions.

Shesh, this game really has dumbed down peoples expectations, to the point where they except anything because someone stamped Star Trek on it.
    Straight from the mouth of one of the leaders of the CDF - "I tell you what, Haven't spent any money either - I'm a lousy freeloader" - Jonsills 17/12/2014
  • voxinvictusvoxinvictus Member Posts: 261
    edited March 2013
    Just started a character the other day.. well sorry to be abit forward with this reply but you havent been on the front lines since launch with the faction or experienced every low point the kdf has had to indure... so sorry to say your view is abit off on the kdf faction.

No, my view isn't "off" it's a different view. Which, pardon me for saying, is entirely the point. KDF players who have been playing since day one have three years of gripes and complaints and the echo chamber all reinforcing in their minds that they are victims, and at this point it barely matters what Cryptic does, long time KDF players will always think they are victims. If KDF had a mirror version of every single fed mission, KDF players would still complain about the lack of costumes or ships or anything else, because at this point it's in their blood.

But it has been three years since launch, and whatever you think you were promised or whatever sins Cryptic has supposedly committed, you know what KDF is or isn't. So the fact that you stick around, still complaining about the supposed abuse, is no longer a symptom of a game design problem. It has become a symptom of your own emotional or intellectual problems.

No one is forcing you to play, no one is forcing to you stay, and Cryptic has been very open about the fact that their development resources are tied directly to short and medium term profit potential. They cannot invest a lot into the KDF, certainly not what they invest into federation, because there simply isn't a return on that investment.

You know what the land scape looks like, you know it's not going to change terribly much, and now it's time for you to act like a grown up and decide whether or not the game is worth continuing to play. And if you decide that yes, it is worth playing, then it is up to you to provide useful feedback, and not throw yourself a 24/7 pity party, because this is what you chose.

I make no effort to defend Cryptic's history with the game, I only point out that right now, today, the KDF faction is a fun and interesting faction to play, even though it is not as fully developed (and will never be as fully developed) as the fed side. Take it or leave it.
  • robeasomrobeasom Member Posts: 1,911 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    kirk2390 wrote: »

STO 2 the Wrath of Sthal lol
    NO TO ARC
    Vice Admiral Volmack ISS Thundermole
    Brigadier General Jokag IKS Gorkan
    Centurion Kares RRW Tomalak
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • shpoksshpoks Member Posts: 6,967 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I dont mind klingon players protesting a romulan faction, but honestly it really isn't for this thread. Klingon players protesting was not why i started this thread.

Plus i was not supporting or going against a romulan faction, i was just posting out my idea of what many happen in 3 or 4 days.

All im saying is, is that i did not start this thread for people to complain about the klingon faction

Most KDF fans do not protest establishing a Romulan faction in STO. Take me for ex., I have always been a supporter of the Romulan faction in STO. I still very much look forward to PvP-ing against actual Romulan players in their Warbirds. The Romulans are one of the iconic races of Star Trek and should have been in this kind of game since the launch.

I'd really like Cryptic to deliver on this one and make a Romulan faction as I believe that STO as a whole can benefit from that. However, mind you that every single piece of information we have has been provided through player hype, while Cryptic remains wisely quiet about this. So, one could debate that if there is no Romulan faction in the next update, Cryptic did not fail to deliver, because they never promised such a thing in the first place. Although I tend to agree that them being certainly aware of the hype around the upcomming content, it would be foolish if the don't actually have a Rommie faction in the making and do nothing to settle down the hype and make people aware that they're working on it, but it just isn't happening now.

However, Cryptic has dug themselves another potential hole to fall into with mr.Stahl's statement that there won't be any new factions added unless the KDF is made complete. So now they have an even harder mission if they are not to dissapoint anybody in May - they need to release a Romulan faction and to add much needed stuff to the KDF. It's a very hard goal if this is what they're aiming at, but if they pull this one through they'll be the gaming gods of the year!
    Don't mind some KDF fans that seem frustrated. This is because they were prommised a complete KDF before Romulans and with all those green teasers these days they tend to feel infuriated about getting yet another "bird" as has happened many times before. So please don't mind those people, it's not about the KDF being against Romulan faction, it's about issues between Cryptic and the KDF so far.

OP, about your initial post, I hope that I'm wrong here but I think that not much will be revealed in 4 days. I can certainly see a Romulan related FEs to be announced then, but I think that Cryptic will still keep the most important info - is it or is it not a Romulan faction in May? - to themselves and make all the people sweat some more and bite off their nails a bit more. :D I do hope I'm wrong, so we can all be in the clear in 4 days.
    I'm not talking about how it *was*, I'm talking about how it *is* and currently it's fine.
    I mean what, do you want them to not add a Romulan faction because the KDF used to be half-assed? What's the point in that?

Like I said, most of the KDF players are not against a Romulan faction because the KDF is half-assed. But please, do tell me how it *is* now, cause we seem to have a different perception.
    What the KDF is saying is that it doesn't want to see half-assed Romulans because that would mean that the game is going mediocre at best. And what the KDF is saying from experience is that if they implement half-assed Romulans, when all the hype of having a whole new faction in STO settles down, this half-assed Romulan faction would face the same challenges the KDF has atm, which will consequently frustrate the people that want to play their prefered faction, but haven't been given a new ship since last year's Mogai.

What the KDF players want - and not only the KDF fans, but every reasonable player of STO is a full Romulan faction and not an half-assed one. And the option to start your character as KDF and RSE from level 1. With genuine leveling content for both as the Feds. have. No one is saying that the KDF and RSE should be equal to the Fed. (although in a normal MMO, this wouldn't be an issue, the factions would deserve same attention), what I'm saying is that the KDF & RSE need to be made appealing and open to new players joining STO, given Cryptic's policy of making content only if it pays off, so these two can be at least somewhat competitive to the Fed. in numbers and revenue generated to have new content added from time to time.
    I'm completely fine with being a niche faction. Simply the ability to exist, in STO, as a Romulan will be far more than we have had.

I believe that you will find most Romulan fans to be quite accepting of what they get. As I have seen, we are not the type to demand some perceived "equality". Romulans never will be, nor should be, equal in content to the Federation. It's not realistic.

The KDF received a great deal of content at times since the game launched, but the players rarely recognize that. The truth is that Cryptic will never dig themselves out of this KDF hole, even if the factions were 100% identical. KDF players would still be outraged that it took so long, so they deserve everything first, or that their ships should still be better than the Fed ships. It never ends with that faction.

Most Romulan players I have encountered in other games are just pleased as punch to exist in an STO game. The core groups of players are very different in my experience. We'll see what the additional players bring.

It saddens me when I read posts like this and I have read quite a few in this tone on the forums. Don't get me wrong, not because there is something wrong with your post, but because I feel for the Romulan fans that have waited so long to have anything Romulan in STO. I have seen the passion that players such as yourself have for your faction and I'm sad that you didn't have the opportunity to have this option from the start. I see the Fed., the KDF and the RSE as the most basic elements of Star Trek and one part being half-assed and another completely missing from STO is hurtnig the potential this IP has.

I know that you Romulan fans have been driven to the point of - give us anything, just please don't give away our ships in a lockbox. But, for the good of STO and the players that love the Romulan faction so much, I really would like you guys to have a genuine Romulan experience if it comes and not let Cryptic give you crums and tell you to be happy about it. I want you to have the opportunity to start from lvl 1, to have your own unique looking starbases for the fleets, to have your unique doff assignments and sth. like "infiltration" where the Fed/KDF have diplomacy/marauding. I want the Rom. faction to have it's own genuine story and FE perspective that won't seem like playing a green Fed.
    HQroeLu.jpg
  • robeasomrobeasom Member Posts: 1,911 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I agree with the above post I'm not against the rse I just don't want this'd fans to have the same rubbish we have had for 3 years
    NO TO ARC
    Vice Admiral Volmack ISS Thundermole
    Brigadier General Jokag IKS Gorkan
    Centurion Kares RRW Tomalak
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • duaths1duaths1 Member Posts: 1,232 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Simply the ability to exist, in STO, as a Romulan will be far more than we have had.

thank you for your post

also, do not forget, we, the Romulan players already have our beloved toons in both existing faction we've been investing time and money in, so we will not abandon them forever.

it's just - they are not going to stay our mains, when we get to finally show off our REAL faces.

also, really nice roleplaying here :D
    edited March 2013
    I want DStahl to do what he said he'd do. Not add a new faction until the KDF is complete.

As it currently stands, no, it is not complete. New Players should have the ability to choose Klingon, Federation, ANYTHING ELSE THEY WANT TO MAKE, at the very beginning. That's the whole point of another faction.

Having to choose only fed at the beginning commits new players to the federation. And skews any and all data that Cryptic has ever offered about the second faction. More people play fed? Duh. Of course they do. They ALL had to start fed.

I think starting another half-baked, incomplete faction only exacerbates the issue.

Though I do look forward to seeing your posts in the future, attacking Romulan players for their whining when they too get annoyed with Cryptic's inabilityt o follow through on things.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited March 2013

If that were true, you should be fine now. You can simulate the creation of a Romulan player character by using the Alien customization in character creation. You can then fly a K'Tinga, which looks like a Romulan ship from its own Navy. And viola, you are now a Romulan that exists.

Why is that not good enough for you?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited March 2013

Having to choose only fed at the beginning commits new players to the federation.

Star Trek is mostly taking place from the federations point of view.

Something tells me that a lot of people, even if there was a option to start KDF first, they would still start on Federation side.

Plus, Federation has a lot more than KDF, so the Federation may look more "appealing" to players.

Also once you reach required rank to make a KDF toon, you can switch to KDF, if your that dedicated to playing KDF. No one is committing you to playing fed all the way through. I mean, yes, some may want to go ahead and finish their toon on fed side by getting to level 50, then going all out klingon. And thats fine.

Just on a side note, i play KDF half the time, and i'm fine with the faction.
    edited March 2013
    If that were true, you should be fine now. You can simulate the creation of a Romulan player character by using the Alien customization in character creation. You can then fly a K'Tinga, which looks like a Romulan ship from its own Navy. And viola, you are now a Romulan that exists.

Why is that not good enough for you?

Why?

Because i want to give up my contraband to a Romulan officer, i want Romulan DOFF's, i want Green UI, i want to visit a Romulan Homeworld and academy, and i wanna see our Romulan fleet, now split, united in one big prospering Romulan fleet.

I want Romulan Ships, and i want to create Romulan themed foundry missions.

I want my Romulan SCI to kick your TRIBBLE in the PVP.

i could continue

.. also, there isn't going to be another STO game after this one will fail, so i hope and BELIEVE it does not.
    I think they are doing just fine now, and if they are truly dedicated, they can deliver, and we, the ST fans, can sustain them.
    edited March 2013
    duaths1 wrote: »
    Why?

Because i want to give up my contraband to a Romulan officer, i want Romulan DOFF's, i want Green UI, i want to visit a Romulan Homeworld and academy, and i wanna see our Romulan fleet, now split, united in one big prospering Romulan fleet.

I want Romulan Ships, and i want to create Romulan themed foundry missions.

I want my Romulan SCI to kick your TRIBBLE in the PVP.

i could continue

.. also, there isn't going to be another STO game after this one will fail, so i hope and BELIEVE it does not.
    I think they are doing just fine now, and if they are truly dedicated, they can deliver, and we, the ST fans, can sustain them.

So what you're saying is, just existing isn't good enough for you?

Because the way the game is right now, you can create a Romulan character that can "just exist."

Instead, what you list seems to be a list of things that are a faction. A third faction.

Which, unless you just joined the game, you should have some experience with Cryptic's inability to do multiple factions effectively.

Which is the point a lot of people are trying to make. What happens when there are problems with that list of things you want, and Cryptic's response is "You're only 12 percent of the playerbase, we can't allocate the resources to you" or "No one bought the Romulan Centurion Helmet costume, so we won't be making any new C-Store items"?

For someone to post that "just existing" would be enough is such a misleading statement. Because those of us who've played Klingons for so long already know that "just existing" doesn't cut it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited March 2013
    Something tells me that a lot of people, even if there was a option to start KDF first, they would still start on Federation side.

There's no way of knowing this since this game has NEVER offered that.
    Also once you reach required rank to make a KDF toon, you can switch to KDF, if your that dedicated to playing KDF.

That's not the point.
    Just on a side note, i play KDF half the time, and i'm fine with the faction.

Another side note ... it was the continual complaining and posting of players like me that got the faction to the point where you consider it fine. Next time you use a tricorder as a Klingon, or fly past the first sector into ANY other sector in space, or do a patrol mission, you should thank one of the KDF vets that people say whine too much, like bitemepwe or someone like that.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited March 2013

Because the way the game is right now, you can create a Romulan character that can "just exist."

Instead, what you list seems to be a list of things that are a faction. A third faction.

Which, unless you just joined the game, you should have some experience with Cryptic's inability to do multiple factions effectively.

Which is the point a lot of people are trying to make. What happens when there are problems with that list of things you want, and Cryptic's response is "You're only 12 percent of the playerbase, we can't allocate the resources to you" or "No one bought the Romulan Centurion Helmet costume, so we won't be making any new C-Store items"?

For someone to post that "just existing" would be enough is such a misleading statement. Because those of us who've played Klingons for so long already know that "just existing" doesn't cut it.

I think what he is saying is, is that he does not want just a romulan toon, he just wants a romulan faction, with stuf like, unique home world, unique uniforms, and for me atleast, some missions that tie in some-what to the fed or KDF missions.

Again, me personally, don't mind if the romulan faction turns out like the KDF one, YES, people will complain, but it will be no different than how KDF players are.
    edited March 2013

i really do not like you

i am here from the launch.
    as a 900+ days veteran, now f2p, still paying for shinies when i want

i main 11 KDF toons and 3 FED'S just so i use the ships and uniforms i've already bought.

i know you are also a veteran, but you WILL not tell me how this game is managed, or how KDF is unfairly treated. I am a Romulan fan, from the beginning, and if i get the pieces i want, i will stay a happy camper. My faction does not need any superior carriers, and will be fine with just 4 ships + their fleet versions. We will pay (as i already did as a KDF player) for all shinies there are. We will open the same lockboxes.

I love how the KDF fanatics are blind to the fact that playable RSE would INCREASE their chance for new content (mission wise).

I see you just cannot recognise WHY new factions are the way to go.
  • hawks3052hawks3052 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Cryptic isn't in for the long run. Another faction will only be another cash grab as long at it is viable and creates profit. After that it will go down the KDF path and be forgotten by the Devs.
    edited March 2013
    i really do not like you

Like me. Dislike me. Doesn't really matter. I still want to know what your response will be when DStahl posts that the Romulans are only 12% of the playerbase so resources can't be allocated to addressing the problems?
    I am a Romulan fan, from the beginning, and if i get the pieces i want, i will stay a happy camper.

You know what's funniest about this discussion we're having? I'm a much bigger Romulan fan than a Klingon fan. The Romulans were my favorite villains from Trek. My father was the Klingon fan. He's mostly responsible for me watching TNG, because we'd watch it together. He loved the Klingon episodes and Worf and the interaction between Picard and Worf.

Me? I loved the episode where Troi went undercover as a Tal'Shiar agent. I made a D'Deridex model and hung it from the ceiling. The Romulans were my thing.

I've wanted a Romulan faction since beta.

But I'm not blind. I see what the company has done with multiple factions. They couldn't do it in CoH. They couldn't do it in Champions. And they did a terrible job of it in STO.

As much as I would love to fly a D'Deridex, I just know what Cryptic can deliver. Which isn't much. It wasn't good enough for KDF players. And for three years they've had Cryptic devs AND federation players (or usually just players who haven't done much with the KDF) telling them to stop complaining, that they're not popular, that the shows were about the federation, and that they're too small a population to matter.

So again, I have to ask, how will you react when DStahl tells you that you're only 12% of his customer base, so you're not cost efficient enough to deal with your problems? (And make no mistake, there will be problems, there always are). How will you react when some poster tells you that the show wasn't about Romulans, so your problem doesn't matter?

It's not me telling you how this game was managed. It's just taking the blinders off and looking at how the game has been managed.

The second faction has been mismanaged, poorly implemented and left hanging for three years. You think the Romulans will get better treatment?
    I see you just cannot recognise WHY new factions are the way to go.

You completely misunderstand. I think a Dominion faction, a Ferengi Alliance, even some whacky Liberated Borg Faction would ALL be welcome additions to the game.

I just don't think Cryptic can pull it off. They didn't with the KDF.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited March 2013

I just don't think Cryptic can pull it off. They didn't with the KDF.

I think they pulled it off, just not in the way people wanted it.

From reading this thread, i think a lot people just want a KDF like Romulan faction at most.

At least that's the way i want it.
    edited March 2013
    i really do not like you

Ahh the sign of a lost debate.

Why don't you just go buy yourself a piece of green perspex, put it up against your monitor and voila, you have yourself an instant Rommy?

You appear to be so desperate for a Rommy faction, it made you insulting;)

What you and the other "11.5%" of Rommy fans don't get, is where is Cryptic going to make the money on you?

Clothes?
    Ships?

If/When it comes, a year from now, you will be here complaining like the rest of the "8%" of Rommies, not happy that they have got 0 since launch...

I am still at a loss as to what value Cryptic thinks a Rommy faction is going to bring, as most people still want Fed content, Fed ships, Fed costumes and hang all the rest.
    Straight from the mouth of one of the leaders of the CDF - "I tell you what, Haven't spent any money either - I'm a lousy freeloader" - Jonsills 17/12/2014
    edited March 2013
    I think they pulled it off, just not in the way people wanted it.

From reading this thread, i think a lot people just want a KDF like Romulan faction at most.

At least that's the way i want it.

Lol. How can they pull if off, if it's not the way the people wanted????

Heard it all now.
    edited March 2013
    I mean they pulled it off in the sense they MADE a KDF faction. And that they could do the same with a Romulan faction.