Install Arc
Options

TRIBBLE Maintenance and Release Notes - March 15, 2013

13»

Comments

• Options
    shar487ashar487a Member Posts: 1,292 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    The point of this is to say that the devs MUST know that [DMG] as a modifier is a throwaway trash modifier; using it buys them time to release weapons with meaningful modifier combinations.

I have basically ignored space fleet weapons (with *perhaps* the exception of Antiproton CritX) simply due to the fact that until [DMG] gets a meaningful buff, [Dmg]x3 = fail.

Just delete the DMGx3 weapons, or sell them considerably cheaper. Hear me now, believe us later; as soon as the ACCx2 weps come out, the sales of those will tank. End of story.

Agreed above -- once [Acc]x2 [Dmg] goes live, [Dmg]x3 will be all but forgotten.

One other option for Cryptic is to dramatically increase the [Dmg] modifier bonus damage quantity to put in in-line or better than current mods.
  • Options
    badname834854badname834854 Member Posts: 1,186 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    shar487a wrote: »
    Agreed above -- once [Acc]x2 [Dmg] goes live, [Dmg]x3 will be all but forgotten.

One other option for Cryptic is to dramatically increase the [Dmg] modifier bonus damage quantity to put in in-line or better than current mods.

AGreed.

This addition is...telling, however. Do they notice poor sales of [DMG] x3 weapons? Is this an attempt to get more Dil out of the system? Interesting.
  • Options
    ussultimatumussultimatum Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    hurleybird wrote: »
    Now that the elite weapons have modifiers that make them worth using, can we do something about how terribly unbalanced the modifiers are between factions?

This is of critical importance, the balance between Fed & KDF Elite procs is really bad - with the KDF Elite Fleet Disruptor proc becoming the single best proc in the entire game on top of what is an already great proc (Disruptor).
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    This is of critical importance, the balance between Fed & KDF Elite procs is really bad - with the KDF Elite Fleet Disruptor proc becoming the single best proc in the entire game on top of what is an already great proc (Disruptor).

No arguments here... The -25 resist proc on shields is going to give the KDF a decisive combat advantage over the Feds, cloak or no cloak. Had these weapons been present in DS9, all the Alpha and Gamma quadrant powers would have been conquered by the KDF in days. However, this might also be Cryptic's way of trying to bolster KDF ranks ;)
  • Options
    zeuxidemus001zeuxidemus001 Member Posts: 3,357 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    ATM I would settle for the KHG xii costume being fixed in the tailor or making the b'rel more functional.
  • Options
    legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,282 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    ATM I would settle for the KHG xii costume being fixed in the tailor or making the b'rel more functional.

agreed on the costume, but the b'rel is functional enough; you just have to know how to use it
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • Options
    tehbubbalootehbubbaloo Member Posts: 2,003 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    burnt again by cryptic.
    first burnt after dropping 200mil on polaron to have polaron nerfed the next week...
    now finding that acc2 will be available a week after giving in and begrudgingly buying these weak fleet weapons in a vain attempt to overcome the infernal op rep defence bonuses.
    i should have known better. i certainly do now.
  • Options
    twoblindmonkstwoblindmonks Member Posts: 255
    edited March 2013
    Are the elite fleet weapons posted anywhere for us to peruse? For those who cannot log onto tribble and would like to check it out.
    edited March 2013
    verlaine11 wrote: »
    Not really, with all the shiny Andorian weapons and Fleet weapons it would be nice to have Spiral Wave Dual Beam Banks for example as the only Spirals are the Beams (and at 45k a piece), the Galor has been out quite a while and it seems that with all the new ships coming out each one has a new set of weapons + consoles + gimicks, just be nice if the Galor got something as everything else seems to things coming out of the wazoo.

Doubtful since they are not MK specific but infinity, I as well would like to see this but I don't see it happening anytime soon.
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    Hi zer0niusrex,

Any word on whether or not refunds will be offered for older Advanced or Elite fleet weapons? Even if the refund is only partial Dilithium, I'll still be happy to take it over deleting my old [dmg]x3[acc] fleet weapons since they will never be used again after tomorrow's patch.

Thank you.
  • Options
    sunfranckssunfrancks Member Posts: 3,925 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    shar487a wrote: »
    Hi zer0niusrex,

Any word on whether or not refunds will be offered for older Advanced or Elite fleet weapons? Even if the refund is only partial Dilithium, I'll still be happy to take it over deleting my old [dmg]x3[acc] fleet weapons since they will never be used again after tomorrow's patch.

Thank you.

Not going to happen. If they were replacing the DMGx3 because they were a mistake, then you might have got your wish.
    The only problem is that they are adding additional weapons to the fleet stores ontop of what is already there.
    The only reason the andorian weapon owners got a refund, was because cryptic messed up the stats, and took weeks to correct it after everyone had already bought them ;)
    Fed: Eng Lib Borg (Five) Tac Andorian (Shen) Sci Alien/Klingon (Maelrock) KDF:Tac Romulan KDF (Sasha) Tac Klingon (K'dopis)
    Founder, member and former leader to Pride Of The Federation Fleet.
    What I feel after I hear about every decision made since Andre "Mobile Games Generalisimo" Emerson arrived...
    3oz8xC9gn8Fh4DK9Q4.gif

• Options
    edited March 2013
    sunfrancks wrote: »
    Not going to happen. If they were replacing the DMGx3 because they were a mistake, then you might have got your wish.
    The only problem is that they are adding additional weapons to the fleet stores ontop of what is already there.
    The only reason the andorian weapon owners got a refund, was because cryptic messed up the stats, and took weeks to correct it after everyone had already bought them ;)

Yes, I remember your original response, but I was hoping for official word from Cryptic, hence the note to zer0niusrex. It never hurts to ask... otherwise you will always be doomed to the less favorable outcome. ;)
  • Options
    rybaksixrybaksix Member Posts: 193 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    What about other weapons in the game? AUX weapons from the Vesta line or the Quad Cannons? Will it be possible to create a fleet variant of these? For the people who already own the required class? I would love to see the aux beam arrays or turrets. But most of all I would love to see some Quad cannons that are more than just an aye candy :)