test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

List your Top Annoyances in STO

perfectcrypticperfectcryptic Member Posts: 266 Arc User
There needs to be a way so you can allow the same chat/keys etc through various toons. It is stupid that you have to setup each chat channel on each toon after you have subscribed.

I got the save/load hud layout but that doesn't save everything.

The chat channels are annoying. Why do they show on your other toons when you add one.

Please make some sort of save all options and then load/import. I keep having to alt tab out to try and match my hud layouts so they are the same but the game sometimes crashes.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• sander233sander233 Member Posts: 3,992 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    People who whine about the most insignificant TRIBBLE.
    16d89073-5444-45ad-9053-45434ac9498f.png~original

...Oh, baby, you know, I've really got to leave you / Oh, I can hear it callin 'me / I said don't you hear it callin' me the way it used to do?...
    - Anne Bredon
  • lordmalak1lordmalak1 Member Posts: 4,681 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Just when the devs get things running smoothly a new season is released, and the bugfixing starts all over again.
    KBF Lord MalaK
    Awoken Dead
    giphy.gif

Now shaddup about the queues, it's a BUG
  • eisaakazeisaakaz Member Posts: 112 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    People who whine endlessly about the most insignificant TRIBBLE.

I agree.

Eisaak
  • magusofborgmagusofborg Member Posts: 186 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    sander233 wrote: »
    People who whine about the most insignificant TRIBBLE.

This ^^^^^^
    Joined August 2009
  • resoundingenvoyresoundingenvoy Member Posts: 439
    edited March 2013
    The most that could be said about the game stability is that it hasn't had many game crashing bugs, and that's about it.

As for moving key binds around? That would be awesome, and if it requires more then giving the game a name the devs have seriously screwed up. The game already saves bridge officer and power bar loadouts on a per character basis. The game already supports loading or saving keybind files. That's a carry over from City of Heroes.

Again, unless the devs shot them selves in the foot? They only thing required from the devs is to just tell us where/how it's stored, or exstend the console command to also save power bar setups. That's just a step above 'Hello World' in programming, and the framework is already there.

Not that I expect them to care. :P

"The framework is already there" covers a lot of things they could do or fix, but never have. :P

Edit: If I'm going to claim it, it would be nice if I'd back up the claim, hu? link
  • captainlohcaptainloh Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I game hasn't crashed for me anymore than half a dozen times since closed beta.

But my main annoyance is the Inventory and Bank UI and the inability to Link your item into the Exchange to quickly search for it, instead you need to type it out.
  • pupibirdpupibird Member Posts: 128 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Without having a problem with the specific issue the OP mentioned, I understand the thought behind his words!

He is talking about things that waste time..customers and gamers time.

I am about 50+ hours at work every week, and every evening looking forward to have a ride in this game. I want to farm, play, raid and hang around on some map. But I only have limited time! Half of this gets wasted by delays caused by the system and its UI.

Some things that waste my time:

- Transwarp is in the game. But what about going to Defera? What about a "Travel-Reputation" that makes it possible to get more transwarp abilities?

- Handling items. Why not give me the choice how to select the quantity of the items I wish to move? One "klick" in the options, and one can doubleclick a stack of, f.e. data samples, and they all move without a further window.

- Beam up. SFA allows me to go to ESD, sol system and sirius sector block. Why, if I want to travel from ESD to Defera, do I have to face at least 5 loading screens?

- Toon animations/busy animation. On one map, you click F when in front of a exchange, and the window opens! On another map, I get loading animation for an UI window..why?

- Transfering currencies. Some many workarounds to transfer EC, Dili and Items. But this wastes playtime. It should be one click.

This list could go on forever, but I think you have an idea what I am talking about. I am not whining about this little problems, the OP just gave me a platform to add this.

My message to PWE/Cryptic about this:

Convenience opens my wallet!
    edited March 2013
    pupibird wrote: »
    [...]- Transfering currencies. Some many workarounds to transfer EC, Dili and Items. But this wastes playtime. It should be one click.[...]

The account bank solves moving items and EC nicely. Still no obviously easy way to move refined or unrefined dilithium around.
  • pupibirdpupibird Member Posts: 128 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    The account bank solves moving items and EC nicely. Still no obviously easy way to move refined or unrefined dilithium around.

Your are right! That was a nice idea, such as the character
    log out without new password-login.
    But the account bank is still only free for golds and lifers.
    Don't think too many f2p captains will waste their money
    on that in the c/z-store.
  • hereticknight085hereticknight085 Member Posts: 3,783 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Top UI annoyance? Setting up your tray can be a pain, but what really annoys me are activation bugs when you click on BOff abilities on their portraits.

Top gameplay annoyance? Stupid people. And the DPS-centric view of end-game PvE that Cryptic seems to have.

Top system annoyance? Weapon imbalance, and ship class imbalance.

Top Overall Annoyance? Not enough tribbles.
    It is said the best weapon is one that is never fired. I disagree. The best weapon is one you only have to fire... once. B)
  • nyniknynik Member Posts: 1,628 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I find the default (run) stop/start movement animation annoying. Particularly because of the length of time you spend in the 'stopped' stance before returning to whatever stance you had set for being still. Other avatar games allow you to move a small bit in any direction in a much more natural manner. That includes other Cryptic games.

A small annoyance that I've learned to avoid as much as possible by keeping the walk toggle active.
  • sollvaxsollvax Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    the impossibility of making realistic characters (its almost impossible to make a female boff who does not look like a fashion model or a male one who does not look like GI Joe)
    Live long and Prosper
  • marshalericdavidmarshalericdavid Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Bugs like the Invisible Torps.

No save option for power tray so have to do it all over again whenever I switch ships.

Game crashing and server not responding that sometimes happens during loading screen.

Inaccurate info or lack of proper info on things.

That is just a few.
  • brangel13brangel13 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Most annoyances;

- ALERTS!!! How you click on the red action alert prompting you to join, zone in only to be zoned right back out cause the event is over. Really friggin annoying!
    - STF players who camp, should be automatically kicked if little to no dps-tank-heal activity occurs in event.
    - How STF's rewards for DPS builds only, zero incentive for heal builds and/or tank builds. Tier it out so a player(s) get rewarded for calculating the most dps, heals, tanking damage.
    - Even though I have a level 50 Tac alt, it would be nice to use my other lvl 50 alts, i.e., Sci / Eng. What's the incentive using a non-tac in STF's?
    - The whole 8000 a day limit on dilithium refinement. I'm a Lifetime sub since day one, any chance to raise the limit for those who spent $300 on the LTS.
    - Aligns with my 3rd point, more incentives for those who have been with STO since closed beta.
    - PvP could be re-explored.

Please note, yes these comments are whiney... but you asked. Absolutely love STO and the only way I will quit playing is when the servers shut down. :D
    edited March 2013
    Security team and Shard of Possibilities chaff.

They by default hid fighters some patches ago, but left left those two to act as the ultimate shield.
  • thisisoverlordthisisoverlord Member Posts: 949 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Top UI annoyance? Setting up your tray can be a pain, but what really annoys me are activation bugs when you click on BOff abilities on their portraits.

Top gameplay annoyance? Stupid people. And the DPS-centric view of end-game PvE that Cryptic seems to have.

Top system annoyance? Weapon imbalance, and ship class imbalance.

Top Overall Annoyance? Not enough tribbles.

For me the number one thing that would get me playing again is having saveable tray and boff slots for ships.

Considering the dearth of content in this game one of the few guilty pleasure is flying different ships to mix things up. However I never do this because it takes 15 minutes a time to put all the slots back as they should be. It's annoying and makes me want to puke :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    #2311#2700#2316#2500
    edited March 2013
    skollulfr wrote: »
    actually, it does that now.
    unless you retrain/rename your boffs, the tray will remember your power layout.

It saves your tray items? So I can go in change my ships around and the trays will be saved? because when I played the Yar Mission the Ent-C destroyed my tray slots when I swapped back to my ship.

Boffs kinda worked but were always flakey, I guess they cleaned the code up after the "free boff spot" exploit/bug. Though I can't confirm what you say because I'm not willing to test it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    #2311#2700#2316#2500
  • jexsamxjexsamx Member Posts: 2,803 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Broken Red Alerts.

And that bug where you try to pick up an item but it flips out and you have to close the window and reopen it but even that doesn't always work so I wind up slamming the F key mercilessly in the heat of combat only to have to navigate to the _ button to close it and try again. Especially that bug.
  • tomin8rtomin8r Member Posts: 201 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    STO being a DPS-centric game.
  • kain9primekain9prime Member Posts: 739 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Really annoying to have to re-REarrange all of my abilities every time I switch to a new ship.

No point in having higher tier ships come with lower tier weapons and gear. They're going to get discarded anyways.

FIX THE ABILITY TRAY BUGS ALREADY. Sick of having to continuously re-REarrange items like batteries and hypos during a fight just because the devs screwed up this feature which had been fine for the past 3yrs.

Not enough Open PvP zones.

Need a PvP que chat so players who have been waiting and actually hit the Accept button (like you're supposed to) can remind other players (usually Feds) who don't that they need to wake up and hit the Accept button.

:rolleyes:
    The artist formally known as Romulus_Prime
  • kamiyama317kamiyama317 Member Posts: 1,295 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    That they have a window button up in the top-right even when you play in full-screen. I always accidentally click that when I am doing stuff with duty officers or managing my inventory, and I get to wait 30 seconds as my laptop struggles to switch the game into a window.

... And then another 30 seconds to switch it back to full-screen again.

Infuriating.
  • crusty8maccrusty8mac Member Posts: 1,381 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Unable to log onto servers, buggy - and just plain stupid - pathfinding, poor graphics, portions of the game going wonky and not allowing you to play, communist economics, goofy workarounds to broken mechanics, broken mechanics, traffic ja...... oh, wait, that's SimCity. Never mind.
  • the1tiggletthe1tigglet Member Posts: 1,421 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    The continual nerfing of science abilities and their general lack of canon.

I play pve exclusively and would love nothing more then the skills to be separated so that science skills in pve can finally act and function like they should. ever since season 3 it's been a downhill roll for science ships. Science ships don't even have the basic differences that distinguish them from one another.

And sensor analysis shouldn't take 15 minutes to complete during a battle. Seriously there's gotta be a better way, my bridge officer is an android....something is wrong.

They need to sit down and revamp the entire science skill and ship problem before adding the patch after the romulan one that's coming.

every mission being destroy-said-ship, the trays not being lockable (abilities auto showup), trays not being saved, keybinds not being saved and retrieved, communications that are being received suddenly removing cloak in space and on ground, almost no diplo missions early on, science heal skills on ground not removing debuffs or being triggered by debuffs, backdrop stars and graphics having clipping issues it's been 3 years now, loading screens between the levels of the ship interior not being anywhere near as fast as the embassy.
  • ru4tedwardru4tedward Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Here's the ones I can remember off the top of my head:
    Why does Mudd let me know he's leaving when i haven't contacted him?
    Sector changes do not preserve ship position/rotation.
    No transwarp to Romulus.
    Inconsistent "F" and <return> acknowledgements
    Why can I leave a fleet with one click, but I have to hit return twice to leave earth space?
    Can we somehow vote people out of Elite STFs?
    I would like to see an "acknowledge all" button on the completed DOFF list.
    I would like to see a "hide" button so missions don't appear on my available missions list (must go to mission provider (like Admiral quinn).
    Should the chef mission REALLY require 1000 hearts of targ?
    - All reputation/starbase/embassy items should be able to be purchased SOMEWHERE.
    Can the Azura comm codes please function from the bank?
    Can we at least lock item positions so that the "sort" button doesn't kill appearance in the tray.
    Game is SERIOUSLY lacking a fleet planning system:
    - Officer mail - like officer chat, only goes to selected ranks and UNLIMITED
    - BBS - nothing fancy just a way to discuss if we want to concentrate on starbase military or embassy diplomacy.
    - at the very least... a non-public text area for discussing/voting/etc.
    For Mac users - a full service starbase with a SMALL map. Large, complex maps KILL the wineskin wrapper. One round of Tour usually means rebooting.
    TRIBBLE that. A MACOS CLIENT! :mad:
    Why is it that having the inventory up kills the "battle mode"?
    Can the need/greed popups be transparent

Oh....Fleet/team microphone popups in the chat window. Every time you drop a team you get another stack of useless space in the chat window. Eventually you have to log out to clear the window. Seems to happen most frequently when team joining a PvE with less than 5 total people.
  • emacsheadroomemacsheadroom Member Posts: 994 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    All the damn loading screens.
    Continuing lack of endgame content that isn't all about the grind.
    Certain "reptilian" developers who are concerned more with shaping certain game elements according to their wishes rather than our wishes.
    edited March 2013
    skollulfr wrote: »
    oh yea, that.
    technically when that happened you had all your boffs replaced, breaking the system.
    but, like i said, providing your boffs stay the same you should only have to set your tray up once per ship now.

Ah you see but thats the point different ships require different boffs and and different consoles equipped so by design things change my beam boat doesn't need CSV.

and this is the issue without the slots saving to a file I can load with different configs changing ships is just pure annoyance.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    #2311#2700#2316#2500
  • damecdamec Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    captainloh wrote: »
    the inability to Link your item into the Exchange to quickly search for it, instead you need to type it out.

Ummm, yes you can :P , just drag the item onto the search bar
  • xiltynxiltyn Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    #1 People whining about stupid stuff.
    Nerf this, nerf that! Waaah Waaah Waaah. Mommy my builds not as good as his nerf it!

#2 Not being able to play the game.
    Crashing when changing instances or zones.
    Waiting on others dealing with the game having crashed on them.
    This new glitch, since the alteration to the launcher, where it just sits there with a pop-up window that reads LOADING.

#3 Feds. That is all. ;)
  • tpalelenatpalelena Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    1st : Too high dilithium costs everywhere.

2nd : People whining about Op this, Op that, I can't beat that in PVP, and my build is super-awesome.
    Let us wear Swimsuits on Foundry maps or bridges please! I would pay zen for that.
  • kaarruukaarruu Member Posts: 133 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    AFKers and leeches in STFs and FAs.

Lack of new endgame content (that doesn't "challenge" players with semi-random one hit deaths).

Reputation timegate click hell grind.

Enormous dilithium costs all over the place, from doff upgrinder to space gear to starbase projects.

Ridiculous numbers of doffs needed for starbase projects.

Nonsensical handling of Romulan boff traits.

Hairstyle/eyebrow anomalies during beamout.