test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Does the Ablative Generator work on other Ships?

aayorkriteaayorkrite Member Posts: 6 Arc User
edited March 2013 in Federation Discussion
I've been thinking about getting the Long Range Science Vessel Retrofit and I was wondering if the Ablative Generator works on other ships and if so does it have a visual component?

Thanks
Post edited by aayorkrite on

Comments

• seekerkorhilseekerkorhil Member Posts: 472
    edited March 2013
    If you actually took the time to read the item description in the z-store it clearly says it can only be used on that ship.
  • anazondaanazonda Member Posts: 8,399 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    As the two above me have already said:

No... No C-Store VA consoles can be applied to other ships... At least I can't think of any.

However, some of the low end ships you seen in the Cryptic Store, has consoles you can apply to later ships, such as Point Defence turrets from the Thunderchild, the [Console - Universal - Enhanced Plasma Manifold] from the Oberth, and are well worth it in a lot of cases.
    Don't look silly... Don't call it the "Z-Store/Zen Store"...
    Let me put the rumors to rest: it's definitely still the C-Store (Cryptic Store) It just takes ZEN.
    Like Duty Officers? Support effords to gather ideas
  • maddog0000doommaddog0000doom Member Posts: 1,017 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    its a shame tho its a cool looking armor would be nice if it was a any ship console.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited March 2013
    its a shame tho its a cool looking armor would be nice if it was a any ship console.

Yea, but if they wanted to do that (in this particular scenario), they would have to make a extra skin for every single part in the game (all the nacells, all the pylons, all the saucers... you get the pic), so its not really cost-effective.
    Let me put the rumors to rest: it's definitely still the C-Store (Cryptic Store) It just takes ZEN.
  • tangolighttangolight Member Posts: 777 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    aayorkrite wrote: »
    I've been thinking about getting the Long Range Science Vessel Retrofit and I was wondering if the Ablative Generator works on other ships and if so does it have a visual component?

Thanks

It can be used on the Fleet Long Range Science Vessel, and yes, it has a visual component where your ship looks like it's encased in armor. Although the initialization of the armor doesn't match the show, due to technical constraints of how it is applied.
  • aayorkriteaayorkrite Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Yea, I figured it was a bit optimistic to assume I could cover my Steamrunner in Ablative armor :P
  • eraserfisheraserfish Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    As someone has previously said when this was raised in another topic, the Ablative Generator would be an instant favourite if it could work on other ships.
  • doffingcomradedoffingcomrade Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    It'd be awesome if I could stick that on my B'rel.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited March 2013
    eraserfish wrote: »
    As someone has previously said when this was raised in another topic, the Ablative Generator would be an instant favourite if it could work on other ships.

Personally I dont think this would be the case... The Armor kinda prevents you from using beam weapons...
  • eraserfisheraserfish Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    anazonda wrote: »
    Personally I dont think this would be the case... The Armor kinda prevents you from using beam weapons...

Torpedo boat.

Or for when your shields are down and you need a quick escape.

It would also be highly desirable for my unarmed cruiser build focusing purely on support.
  • the1tiggletthe1tigglet Member Posts: 1,421 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I'd suggest not getting it, right now there's a massive delay between when the shields go down and when the armor buff begins that allows the enemies attacks to get thru your defenses, dunno how many times I've exploded now because of this problem with how this skill is implemented server side. It simply lets the damage thru. They need to fixit before it can become viable.