test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Can't Customise MACO Armour?

haravikkharavikk Member Posts: 278
edited March 2013 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
Okay, so I just finished getting the Mk XII MACO armour set from the Task Force Omega reputation system, received the accolade for owning all three pieces, and completed the costume unlock project.

However, I don't see any option to customise my MACO armour anywhere. Some people talk like I should see a MACO armour slot at the tailor, but I don't see anything.

It seems to me as if this is broken, am I missing something? Do I need to purchase additional costume slots before I can change my MACO armour? I'm at a complete loss.
Post edited by haravikk on

Comments

• Options
    wenom4wenom4 Member Posts: 123 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    u nedd to get maco ... elite and norma stf accolades to get more custom options
  • Options
    crusty8maccrusty8mac Member Posts: 1,381 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Okay, here is what I found that works. At least it did for me.

Before you go to the tailor slot the armor onto your character and turn on visuals. Go to the tailor, be sure that on the Customize Your Head screen you click advanced, then at the top right select MACO.

When you get to the Customize Your Uniform screen make all your choices for customization - they are pretty limited - and purchase and save.

Now you should be able to see your customization at work, and enabling or disabling armor visuals will put on or take off the helmet.
  • Options
    haravikkharavikk Member Posts: 278
    edited March 2013
    Thanks! I've got it now, I think I just missed that drop-down in the top right! You're right though that the choice is a bit limited; a lot of combinations just don't look very good at all, you'd think for 250 Omega Marks we could have at least gotten the ability to choose any colour we want as the base for the shiny areas, and different colours for the lighting.

Oh well! Fortunately I wanted to go for a bit more blue, which seems to suit it well enough. It seems a really weird way to implement it though; I was expecting to get a "free" costume slot whose sole purpose would have been to modify my MACO armour without touching my character itself, this way might have been an easier way for managing the same armour on my away team. Oh well, maybe we can hope for something from that rumoured character UI update.