test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Can't be invited to a team

ravinravin Member Posts: 509 Arc User
Before I submit a report, I just want to make sure I didn't miss something. I have LFT set to open teaming, I have my teaming set to open teaming, and I typed /unhide. Yet with these steps no one can invite me to their team. Anyone else run into this?
=\/= ================================ =\/=
Centurion maximus92
12th Legion, Romulan Republic
12th Fleet

Post edited by ravin on

Comments

• Options
    guriphuguriphu Member Posts: 494 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Sometimes you or the team leader switching instance will fix this.
  • Options
    ravinravin Member Posts: 509 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I'll have to try that.

What every one keeps saying is I'm ignoring team invites. May be that will do the trick.
    Centurion maximus92
    12th Legion, Romulan Republic
    12th Fleet

• Options
    renimaltrenimalt Member Posts: 219 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Also, make sure that you're not in a map where you're autoteamed. (Examples: an STF map, or a PvP arena map.) You can't be invited to a team when you're in those maps.
    Resist viewer! See shield/hull resists! Read about it here!
  • Options
    jeddanisjeddanis Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    If someone in out fleet starts a team, invaribly one of us has to 'request to join team' with the team leader because they cant be invited, same as your experiencing. It happens to me on occasion, seems to be pretty sporatic, and annoying....
  • Options
    torlacitorlaci Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I'm going to bump this because it sounds like my problem. I can't get invited to private pve's. The inviting player always gets a message about me ignoring queue invites. As far as I can tell everything is set to accept invites but it never does. Earlier I had someone in the same instance as me set one up and try to invite me and we never could get it to work.
    1b1782841d524936756ebe52c1900b00.jpg
  • Options
    crypticarmsmancrypticarmsman Member Posts: 4,113 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Whenever a Team (or Fleet) invite fails, try typing the following command on the chat bar:

/unhide

then see if that fixes it. Sometimes after a map transfer back from a PvP or PvE event or mission, the game will erroneously set your status to hidden/anonymous.
    Formerly known as Armsman from June 2008 to June 20, 2012
    TOS_Connie_Sig_final9550Pop.jpg
    PWE ARC Drone says: "Your STO forum community as you have known it is ended...Display names are irrelevant...Any further sense of community is irrelevant...Resistance is futile...You will be assimilated..."