Options

STF and back seat drivers.

13»

Comments

• Options
    darkkindness2darkkindness2 Member Posts: 257 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    ironmako wrote: »
    As a previous post'er has said, its funny that this thread has gone on for now 6 pages about the 10% rule. My basis of my original argument is this:

1)If you have a crappy ship with crappy weapons, then stay away from Elite missions. Period.

2)Don't go into a mission and assume the role of team commodore, and start dishing out orders.

1) Per my previous post, and the one earlier in the thread, define crappy.

2) Suggesting that the team follow the generally accepted strategy that is stickied on the forums, often discussed in STF channels in-game, and often used is hardly trying to be the "team commodore".
    To finalise this butchered thread:

I've just come from doing two stf's, one of them involving "The Conduit" and surprise, surprise, NO-ONE even looked like they were doing anything remotely like your precious 10% rule. When the cooldown ends, i'll do another, and i bet my B*****ks that NO-ONE on that mission will stick to this 10% farce. Then i'll do another, and i am guessing i'll see the same again. My point being, majority on this thread says that most players do it, it is considered SOP. Well folks, it just isn't, so clear it out of your minds that it is. for the dozens that do it, there are hundreds more that don't.

I have never talked about a bleedin' percentage so much in all my life! You guys need to get out more!

This is the internet, sad to say that you don't get the final word.

Did anyone (even, god forbid, you) in your STF run suggest that the 10% rule should be followed? Not exactly fair to expect people to follow an organized strategy without communicating, is it?

In regard to hating Star Trek 2009:
    kain9prime wrote: »
    IDIC fail.
  • Options
    darkjeffdarkjeff Member Posts: 2,590 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    So, just to clarify, the 10% rule means that you get rid of three Gens, then leave the fourth to just 10%, then go and shoot the spheres, then go back, finish the gen, then finish the trans?
    Oh my gawd.

I come back to this thread after another 5 pages of responses, and it turns out OP didn't know what the 10% method was, but ranted about it anyway. :rolleyes:
    On my first random STF battle, what are the chances of each team player sticking to the daft 10% rule. Probably 0%.

In my experience, 99%. I can probably count on one hand that amount of times some random ship failed to follow this method, and generally they're the same guys who attack generators before we've taken down the cube.
    So how do you check on the other gens? oh thats right, you have to stop what your doing, and click on the different gens to see the progress.

You could always adjust your HUD. The rest of us don't seem to have this problem.
  • Options
    ironmakoironmako Member Posts: 770 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Perfect World Entertainment Community Rules and Policies . ~Bluegeek
  • Options
    darkkindness2darkkindness2 Member Posts: 257 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Well it just isn't. my point is proven.

Really? You said so, so it is so? What's next, are you going to take the ball and go home?

All of the experiences that most of the other people in this thread have talked about are meaningless?

Your statistically relevant sample size of, what, two ESTFs trying to do it the right way (but without communicating with your team) proves your point?

I think not.

You also still need to answer the question of what "crappy" gear is in your book, since there are videos of people doing ESTF runs in Rear Admiral ships equipped with all white/common quality weapons.

Maybe the quality of other players isn't the problem here.

In regard to hating Star Trek 2009:
    kain9prime wrote: »
    IDIC fail.
  • Options
    bluegeekbluegeek Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Hi,

This thread has now most definitely run its course, and isn't providing much in the way of civil discussion. Due to this as well as the nature of the original post and the high number of flaming/trolling posts in this thread; I'm closing it.

1. For future reference please remember that it helps a great deal when posts which violate the PWE Community Rules and Policies are not responded to and are reported via submitting a Forums and Website Ticket (click here).
    2. If you think any of your posts within a thread have violated the PWE Community Rules and Policies, please edit your posts before a moderator takes action.
    3. If you feel you need to get in touch with PWE BranFlakes to discuss the actions taken by any Community Moderator, you can do so by submitting a Forums and Website ticket (click here).

Live Long and Prosper, :)
    Bluegeek
    My views may not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment. You can file a "forums and website" support ticket here
    Link: How to PM - Twitter @STOMod_Bluegeek
This discussion has been closed.