test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Why I think DPS meters are wrong

2»

Comments

• anazondaanazonda Member Posts: 8,399 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Well it's not like your build is secret... Anyone who logs into the gateway can snatch your build and replicate it...

It just saves them the last step of replicating it...
    Don't look silly... Don't call it the "Z-Store/Zen Store"...
    Let me put the rumors to rest: it's definitely still the C-Store (Cryptic Store) It just takes ZEN.
    Like Duty Officers? Support effords to gather ideas
  • xxxhellspawnyxxxxxxhellspawnyxxx Member Posts: 195 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    anazonda wrote: »
    Well it's not like your build is secret... Anyone who logs into the gateway can snatch your build and replicate it...

It just saves them the last step of replicating it...

Actually there is an option to hide it.
  • darkjeffdarkjeff Member Posts: 2,590 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    ferdzso0 wrote: »
    and yeah, most ppl if they learn there was a parsing going on, they wanna know their numbers
    Before I ever post up numbers I always put up a disclaimer that if they were out of my range, then some of their damage wouldn't have been recorded. Also that Grav Well 3 and such contribute greatly but isn't reflected in the numbers.

Of course, since the logs break down their weapon and ability loadouts, it's easy to see if it's because their contributions were unrecorded, or if their ship sucks.

I remember having someone in my Fleet with embarrassingly low numbers, which led me to investigate. Her build was fine from an equipment/ability point of view. I remember going "You're using DHCs with 100 weapon power and CSV/CRF! There's no way you're dealing less than 1k DPS!" After some discussion it turned out she wasn't aware that damage decreases over distance, and was using DHCs/Turrets from around 10km. :P

That simple piloting issue wouldn't have been corrected if I hadn't logged the run and parsed the data. When it's discovered that they're doing something wrong, some people correct themselves. Others complain about being noticed. :P