test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Id pay $100 NP for a Tactical Borg Cube Lockbox Ship

Comments

• tomin8rtomin8r Member Posts: 201 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Honestly, who cares about what you would be willing to pay?
  • flash525flash525 Member Posts: 5,441 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Id pay $100 NP for a Tactical Borg Cube Lockbox Ship
    I would pay 100.01 NP to stop the Borg from appearing in Lock Boxes, or (aside from Liberated Borg) any other playable-content.
    attachment.php?attachmentid=42556&d=1518094222
  • tenkaritenkari Member Posts: 2,906 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    i dont see anything bigger than borg spheres being playable... the cubes are jsut too massive to be Player ships.
  • kyias1kyias1 Member Posts: 98 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I never thought I'd see the day....

No more Mr. Nice officer, you set those phasers from stun to kill. I want this thread dead. It's worse than those cardassian vols.
  • pyryckpyryck Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I went searching for the chat logs that were posted here in the forums from Feb 1st where Dan mentioned the possibility of Borg lock boxes later this year. But I didn't want to stir up any issues in this topic. ;)
  • cmdrscarletcmdrscarlet Member Posts: 5,137 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Well ... a Borg LB would be ok as long as the ships were not in it ;)

And I'd rather they work on finishing the KDF faction than take time to work on playable Borg ships.
  • rakija879rakija879 Member Posts: 646 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I would like to see udine ships in fluidic space lock box ! :D
  • erraberrab Member Posts: 1,434 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    painstix wrote: »
    What are the chances that could happen? Federation prototype, so not as strong as the real thing of course!

The power of the dollar is strong indeed; however, I doubt that player controlled Borg ships with ever happen in STO.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • theofficialmip#7339 theofficialmip Member Posts: 93 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    No Borg lockboxes please
    One of the 0.7%ers Markus Urelious 16000+ Accolades [Fed Tac FA] + Several More
    Forum Member Since Feb 2010
  • xlocutusofborgxxlocutusofborgx Member Posts: 1,376 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Reading through some of the comments here and I get some people dont want to break there immersion by having borg ships within the federation but common guys, we have 29th century ships flying around, jemhadar, cardassian, breen, old nx and tos ships.. I dont think it hurt to have borg in the mix.

Ill agree I dont want to see cubes though. Those are massive ships to begin with, and are ment to be opperated my thousands of borg. I recall someone mentioning that the ships are ran by the hive mind.. that is true to some aspect. As seen in voyager, the rebel borg that were liberated by the voyager crew by the virus they implanted, ran their own ship successfully as one group. So as we already have liberated borg in the federation.. and I dont know about you ive seen alot, not to mention duty officer borg, one can assume that there are plenty of borg in the federation to opperate a probe/sphere/diamond.

In the end if they dont make the lock box Im not going to cry over it but I will say if they do, id defenetly put alot of $$$ down to getting most if not all the items to the lock box.
    borgsignaturecopy2-zpse8618517.png
    R E S I S T A N C E - I S - F U T I L E
  • tsurutafan01tsurutafan01 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    If I put a Borg space set on my Borg ship does it appear 30% more Borg-y than before?

"We are smart." - Grebnedlog

Member of Alliance Central Command/boq botlhra'ghom
  • centersolacecentersolace Member Posts: 11,178 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Reading through some of the comments here and I get some people dont want to break there immersion by having borg ships within the federation but common guys, we have 29th century ships flying around, jemhadar, cardassian, breen, old nx and tos ships.. I dont think it hurt to have borg in the mix.

I don't! I wouldn't mind seeing a Borg themed lockbox, but leave the ships out of it!
  • seanftdseanftd Member Posts: 319 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Releasing a Borg playable ship or faction in my opinion is wrong.
    Faction could not work as the Borg are one mind, one voice , no individual thought or action to be taken. So that's a bad idea, and for a Borg playable ship, just don't.
  • starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    The only way that a playable Borg faction can exist is to use a splinter group like the Borg Cooperative, Hugh's group, or some other faction with individuality. As far as Borg ships go, we already have assimilated ships, with Borg weaponry, and a Borg crew. Having Borg ships is just the next step.
  • crazy6665crazy6665 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    8:44] [REDALERT] Blank(taken out for privicy): When is the Borg lockbox?

[8:44] [REDALERT] <Dev> Oaks@dstahl: RE: Borg ships - that could be sometime later this year

end of thread LOL pretty much says we getting some kind of borg ships prob not going to be a cube though prob a sphere and probe
  • wast33wast33 Member Posts: 1,855 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    as for me: no playable borg-ships at all plz. somewhere the line has to be drawn i guess ^^...
  • jkstocbrjkstocbr Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    This idea is in the same category as a Space Unicorns lock box.
  • badname834854badname834854 Member Posts: 1,186 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I want a Jevonite-encrusted Mirror Universe cube that launches Excelsiors as pets with assimilated exocomps as pilots!!!!1111!!

/jeezus,some of these ideas are horrid
  • crazy6665crazy6665 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I want a Jevonite-encrusted Mirror Universe cube that launches Excelsiors as pets with assimilated exocomps as pilots!!!!1111!!

wish it was only a idea but unforgettably it is not to cryptic it might happen this year dastal said well not a cube (I hope) but still borg ships
    edited February 2013
    jkstocbr wrote: »
    This idea is in the same category as a Space Unicorns lock box.

You know it's a bad thing when these are some of the better ideas. :rolleyes:
  • badname834854badname834854 Member Posts: 1,186 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    crazy6665 wrote: »
    wish it was only a idea but unforgettably it is not to cryptic it might happen this year dastal said well not a cube (I hope) but still borg ships

I hope not. I am loathe of seeing in-game assets copypasta'd into lock boxes; Borg ships would end the game for me.
  • kyeto13kyeto13 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I think a TARDIS lockbox is more realistic and awesome... I would pay $100 for that ****.
    Live on Earth. Work in Space. Play with Dragons. Join the best add on to STO, the Neverwinter holodeck program! Only 14 GPL a month.
    edited February 2013
    I hope not. I am loathe of seeing in-game assets copypasta'd into lock boxes; Borg ships would end the game for me.

Ill have to remember that when the borg lock box's go live.

We all enjoy some aspect of Startrek, some prefer tos, some the federation, some are more heavy into the klingon and romulan factions.. we all have our favs. To me everyone getting bent over borg ships.. makes no sense seeing we already have..liberated borg players with more eye pieces, borg arm weapons "not attached to the arm per say", borg assimilated ship gear that visually shows borg adaptation onto the hull ect. We have the ability to use there own engines on our ships, we have borg science bridge officers.. so really, why all the fuss over the ships?

Anyways time will tell if it actually happens if so, I think itll be Greatttttt =D lol
  • darkkindness2darkkindness2 Member Posts: 257 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    To me everyone getting bent over borg ships.. makes no sense seeing we already have..liberated borg players with more eye pieces, borg arm weapons "not attached to the arm per say", borg assimilated ship gear that visually shows borg adaptation onto the hull ect. We have the ability to use there own engines on our ships, we have borg science bridge officers.. so really, why all the fuss over the ships?

Let's see... liberated Borg are canon, thanks to Locutus and Seven of Nine. Disarmed Borg weapons are a bit of a stretch, but not too huge. Borg adaptation on ships has been done on-screen, so it's canon. Borg bridge officers are a bit of a stretch, but the liberation process isn't instant, and the formerly Borg crewmembers have been seen to be at least cooperative before the process is complete... also, there was Hugh.

On the other hand, Federation captains flying Borg ships would be both lore breaking and immersion breaking for me. I can't threaten to unsub if they do this, since I'm on an LTS, but I would definitely be playing another game that either has its own lore to play with as it sees fit or that treats its subject matter with some degree of respect.

In regard to hating Star Trek 2009:
    kain9prime wrote: »
    IDIC fail.
  • brokenmirror2012brokenmirror2012 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Who cares about borg?
    Give me a Q box now....

1% Chance to give The Continuum. Infinite health, +1000 all power, x1000 all damage by weapons -100% all cooldowns.
    10% chance To get Q button: Instantly destroyed everything
    0.1% chance to get I win: Instantly removes everyone from the pvp queue, and bans them.
    0.5% chance to get Opnipitant Powers, U can chatban Anyone at will, Oh wait... you can do that for free... why not just 6 year ban people?
    20% chance to get a random Weapon, All weapons have a base hit of over 1 Googol. Unresistable damage.
    50% chance for an I-heal consumable, Sets ur health at 100x your max. So if u have 30k HP, ur HP is set to 3million. And this affect reapplies every 20 seconds for 18 decades.
    100% chance to remove all your zen, and take $1000 out of ur creditcard.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • chk231chk231 Member Posts: 161 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    A true Star Trek fan should love anything in the Star Trek Universe, canon or not. Let's remember that this is a video game too, it has to be tailored to a wide audience.
    edited February 2013
    chk231 wrote: »
    A true Star Trek fan should love anything in the Star Trek Universe, canon or not. Let's remember that this is a video game too, it has to be tailored to a wide audience.

Not sure if bad troll, or the best I've ever seen.
  • jothan9092jothan9092 Member Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    coupaholic wrote: »
    Also our ships have the fore/aft weapon configuration, but Borg ships don't have a fore or an aft so how would the weapons be equipped? 2 slots per face? Spheres don't even have facings so what about them?

If you haven't noticed, Borg ships have 360 firing weapons. And I just checked the Wiki to see if it confirms my suspicions, and it does. They are equped with a max of 4 weapons usually, with ability modifiers. If a Borg Lock Box ship were released, they'd likely give it 4 weapons, but any weapon put there shoots 360. You'd never lose lock-on, but you'd also have less DPS.
    [SIGPIC]Cross at the center of M51--The Whirlpool Galaxy[/SIGPIC]
    Noah Bartholomew Jothan,
    Member of the "Christian Fleet Alliance"
    Proclaimers of The Way, The Truth, and The Life
    John 14:6
    edited February 2013
    Let's see... liberated Borg are canon, thanks to Locutus and Seven of Nine. Disarmed Borg weapons are a bit of a stretch, but not too huge. Borg adaptation on ships has been done on-screen, so it's canon. Borg bridge officers are a bit of a stretch, but the liberation process isn't instant, and the formerly Borg crewmembers have been seen to be at least cooperative before the process is complete... also, there was Hugh.

On the other hand, Federation captains flying Borg ships would be both lore breaking and immersion breaking for me. I can't threaten to unsub if they do this, since I'm on an LTS, but I would definitely be playing another game that either has its own lore to play with as it sees fit or that treats its subject matter with some degree of respect.

So.. 29th century vessels isnt immersion breaking *scratches head*. I know there isnt any source from movies or books that would make this possible by any means, but in the end its a game. Its been proven if there is away to make cash they can do it.

But ill still say this, its possible the renegade borg could find ways to allow captains of the federation to pilot certain borg ships, now Im not talking about cubes here, but probes,spheres, maybe... maybe.. diamond :P

Time will tell if it all happens but I wont be upset if it does.. just sayin.
  • erei1erei1 Member Posts: 4,081 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    So.. 29th century vessels isnt immersion breaking *scratches head*.
    The wells and the Aeon are both shown in the show. Both at "present" time.
    Today captain flying those ship is a bit far fetched, but it's more probable than having them flying Borg ship, full of nanodrones, with the borg that want to bring it back to the collective, that need heavy refitting to add necessary equipment (replicator, crew quarters...). Also, those ships require a crew of 4000people, that do not complain, get tired, or feel pain. Even if most of them are not necessary to handle the ship, that's still a big crew.

And having to fly Borg ship would make them even less scary than they are.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]