test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Starbase projects giving Military/Engineering/Science Buff Provisioning

phyrexianherophyrexianhero Member Posts: 768 Arc User
I strongly suspected this was an overlooked bug: each of the starbase projects that give skill point buff provisions only give 5, no matter what tier the project is.

These would be:
* Reinforce Local Systems (military)
* Ongoing Research Projects (science)
* Support Local Systems (engineering)

The reason I suspect it's a bug is due to the rewards: 500 XP and 5 buff provisions, regardless of project costs when all other provisions (personal requisitons scale from 10 to 30, ships from 5 to 12+, and operational assets will scale up from 10 to 30).

Surely this doesn't make any sense:
* Support Local Systems I (5 buffs): 300 Fleet Marks, 18k dilithium, 4 eng/ops doffs, 20k expertise, 1500 Provisions, 250 Water Purification Systems
* Support Local Systems II (5 buffs): 600 Fleet Marks, 36k dilithium, 12 eng/ops doffs, 40k expertise, 3000 Provisions, 500 Water Purification Systems
* Support Local Systems III (5 buffs): 900 Fleet Marks, 54k dilithium, 20 eng/ops doffs, 60k expertise, 4500 Provisions, 750 Water Purification Systems
* Support Local Systems IV (5 buffs): 960 Fleet Marks, 72k dilithium, 25 eng/ops doffs, 80k expertise, 6000 Provisions, 1000 Water Purification Systems
* Support Local Systems V (5 buffs): 1200 Fleet Marks, 90k dilithium, 30 eng/ops doffs, 100k expertise, 7500 Provisions, 1200 Water Purification Systems

If the costs are 4-6 times higher in every category, I think it's only sensible we get more provisions as a result.
Playing since January 2010. STOwiki administrator. Accolade hunter.
My STOwiki page | Reachable in-game @PhyrexianHero
Fed Armada: Section 31 (level 730, 2700+ members)
KDF Armada: Klingon Intelligence (level 699, 2100+ members)
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    nicha0nicha0 Member Posts: 1,456 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Pretty sure it should be a bug that the tactical version (at least tier 3) is now asking for operations Doffs instead of security. Not sure if other tiers are doing the same, we'll know on tier 4 tonight.
    Delirium Tremens
    Completed Starbase, Embassy, Mine, Spire and No Win Scenario
    Nothing to do anymore.
    http://dtfleet.com/
    Visit our Youtube channel
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    nicha0 wrote: »
    Pretty sure it should be a bug that the tactical version (at least tier 3) is now asking for operations Doffs instead of security. Not sure if other tiers are doing the same, we'll know on tier 4 tonight.

I assume you're referring to the Provision Military Operational Assets (PMOA) and not the Reinforce Local Systems? For some strange reason (very likely a bug), PMOA requires operational doffs for tier I, II, and III. Fortunately, PMOA IV does not. I looked through all the starbase projects and *none* of the daily projects / non-upgrades require doffs from another department except for PMOA I-III.
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    Something else that's weird -- the costs are different between the Fed and KDF versions of Provision Military Operational Assets IV (despite being identical for Tiers I, II, and III).

The Fed version requires 30,000 dilithium whereas the KDF version requires 100 operations duty officers. The other costs (960 Fleet Marks, 100 tactical or security duty officers, etc.) are identical.
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    For military operational assets they're 0.5 for 4 (only Fed IV is right in not using operations doffs) and for military buffs they're 1 for 4 (only I is right in not increasing in buffs beyond 5).

I've sent the issue to QA (and BranFlakes) via Twitter but no response.
  • Options
    john98837john98837 Member Posts: 761 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Bump, would be nice to hear if this is "working as intended" or a bug, and hopefully get it fixed with the upcoming fleet holding addition.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Bump again. Spending 90k dil per day for 5 provisions is starting to get annoying. :mad:
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Bump, still not seeing this addressed in all the tribble patch notes we have been getting.
  • Options
    bootybootsbootyboots Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    tier 0 buffs are +1
    tier 1 buffs are +2
    tier 2 buffs are +4
    tier 3 buffs are +6
    tier 4 buffs are +8
    tier 5 buffs are +10

you are paying for better buffs, not more of them

I'm thinking you may be in a fleet that eats through these buffs just because and saving them for really difficult occasions.

If it upsets you that much, make a branch fleet, tier it up to tier 1 and provision it(will take less than 2 weeks) then you can buy cheap buffs from your tier-5
    House of Sigma (channel KDFdefera for PvE requiring only KDF teams) List of KDF issues [my in-game handle @bootymcboots] (channel KDF Empire for KDF orientated discussion - still in development/growing)
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    bootyboots wrote: »
    tier 0 buffs are +1
    tier 1 buffs are +2
    tier 2 buffs are +4
    tier 3 buffs are +6
    tier 4 buffs are +8
    tier 5 buffs are +10

you are paying for better buffs, not more of them

I'm thinking you may be in a fleet that eats through these buffs just because and saving them for really difficult occasions.

If it upsets you that much, make a branch fleet, tier it up to tier 1 and provision it(will take less than 2 weeks) then you can buy cheap buffs from your tier-5

If it was the case that this is working properly then why do operational assets get provisioned more with every level? The quality of the asset you can use increases with each tier just like the effect of the buff does. Same thing to a degree for the shipyard, the higher level shipyard you have the better ships you can get from it.

Both operational assets and fleet ship provisioning projects increase in cost with each tier and return more provisions with each tier, it is only buffs that do not. It is clearly a bug, oversight, or just general TRIBBLE up that they are not willing to admit to.

When we were a small fleet having these buffs on hand was no problem, but now that we are a 500 member full tier 5 fleet 5 buffs per day just doesn't cut it. Thats what, 1 of each buff for each fleet member every 100 days? That can't be working as intended.