test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Fatal Error Decompressing Data

segamanxerosegamanxero Member Posts: 8 Arc User
edited February 2013 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
So earlier I logged on and all was fine for a few until the game suddenly closed out to an error. Ever since experiencing that error, any attempts at loading the game after selecting my character the error will pop up and game will quit on me. The following text is the details of the crash that pops up.

Technical Details: Error decompressing data. Verifying Files in the launcher may fix this issue,;
Texture_Library/Costumes/Avatars/Male/M_Head_Basic_01_Nx.Wtex:

I have done as the Fatal Error dialog suggests, re-verifying data, however the error still persists.
Post edited by segamanxero on

Comments

• disposeableh3r0disposeableh3r0 Member Posts: 1,927 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    So earlier I logged on and all was fine for a few until the game suddenly closed out to an error. Ever since experiencing that error, any attempts at loading the game after selecting my character the error will pop up and game will quit on me. The following text is the details of the crash that pops up.

Technical Details: Error decompressing data. Verifying Files in the launcher may fix this issue,;
    Texture_Library/Costumes/Avatars/Male/M_Head_Basic_01_Nx.Wtex:

I have done as the Fatal Error dialog suggests, re-verifying data, however the error still persists.

Sounds like your character got the bends.

Just to be clear you set your launcher to force verifiy and let it run through the whole cycle?

Also try emailing customerservice@perfectworld.com or posting on the main tech support forum http://techsupport.perfectworld.com/
    As a time traveller, Am I supposed to pack underwear or underwhen?

Not everything you see on the internet is true - Abraham Lincoln

Occidere populo et effercio confractus
  • idronaidrona Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I'd try defragment the hard drive you have the game installed on, or reinstall if you have a decent internet connection.
    signwidrona.png
  • segamanxerosegamanxero Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Sounds like your character got the bends.

Just to be clear you set your launcher to force verifiy and let it run through the whole cycle?

Also try emailing customersupport@perfectworld.com or posting on the main tech support forum http://techsupport.perfectworld.com/

Yup always do. It appears that the launcher automatically verifies after a non graceful crash like this.

The issue seems to be getting worse, now the client is crashing on the character selection screen.

I will email the customer support email with this issue. Thanks for the heads up.
    edited February 2013
    idrona wrote: »
    I'd try defragment the hard drive you have the game installed on, or reinstall if you have a decent internet connection.

Reinstall might be an option. As for Defraging, that is out of the question as I am using an SSD and that will prematurely wear down it.

Another note... I experienced a similar issue like this along with a bunch of other people during the anniversary event after doing Temporal Ambassador mission. After a "server reset" later that night, the issue went away. I believe then it was a texture for a galaxy class ship that was causing the fatal error.
    edited February 2013
    Reinstall might be an option. As for Defraging, that is out of the question as I am using an SSD and that will prematurely wear down it.

Another note... I experienced a similar issue like this along with a bunch of other people during the anniversary event after doing Temporal Ambassador mission. After a "server reset" later that night, the issue went away. I believe then it was a texture for a galaxy class ship that was causing the fatal error.

Before the launcher crashed, did you try to log in with a different character? Where was your character and what were you doing when it first crashed?

You should also add this info in your support email/support forum post.

edited February 2013
    Before the launcher crashed, did you try to log in with a different character? Where was your character and what were you doing when it first crashed?

You should also add this info in your support email/support forum post.

I was logging in with the same character (Muranyi, FED)... But my last try I attempted selecting a different toon, my KDF (Balaton) and it randomly crashed the client at the character selection screen with the same error.
    edited February 2013
    I was logging in with the same character (Muranyi, FED)... But my last try I attempted selecting a different toon, my KDF (Balaton) and it randomly crashed the client at the character selection screen with the same error.

hmm then its probably something on their side.... a re install may work but it might correct itself if you give it time.

edited February 2013
    Like the previous time during the Temporal Ambassador missions, which that fatal error around a Galaxy Class texture solved it self after PWE/Cryptic did a "Server Reset" and shut down the shard... My issue has been fixed with the Shard Maintenance that was performed last night.

No clue what it was, but I am happy to be able to play again (>^_^)>

When ever Cryptic Tech support responds to my email I sent them, I will inform them of the issue fixing itself...
    edited February 2013
    Like the previous time during the Temporal Ambassador missions, which that fatal error around a Galaxy Class texture solved it self after PWE/Cryptic did a "Server Reset" and shut down the shard... My issue has been fixed with the Shard Maintenance that was performed last night.

No clue what it was, but I am happy to be able to play again (>^_^)>

When ever Cryptic Tech support responds to my email I sent them, I will inform them of the issue fixing itself...

usualy takes afew days. Glad you can enjoy it again.

• idronaidrona Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013

That actually made me chuckle a bit.

---

Until next time you could try this, but remember it was a nutcase on the forum that told you to try it.

In your STO installation folder:

Delete this folder entirely: Cryptic Studios\Star Trek Online\Live\prepatch\piggs

and delete this file only

Cryptic Studios\Star Trek Online\Live\piggs\texture3.hogg

Then launch again with the Force Verify enabled and let it patch.

---
    signwidrona.png