Options

Hunch on an Expansion Pack in May?

13»

Comments

• Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    sophlogimo wrote: »
    No, it is not. It is quite fine and fun to play. But as so many people on the forums complain about the KDF supposedly not being a full faction, few people even bother to try the Klingon side. A self-fullfilling prophecy.

Besides, I don't really see why they could or would not add 20 Klingon missions along with a Romulan faction. How many man-weeks can it last to make a simple mission comparable to the low-level fed missions? And they have 50 people on the team, or 200 man-weeks per month.

In fact, I would not be surprised if they actually pulled off a full level 1-50 Romulan faction along with expanding the Klingons to 1-50. I don't think it would be necessary, as I am perfectly happy with the state of the KDF right now, and would be very glad if the Romulan faction had a similar amount of content as the KDF (a pure endgame Romulan faction would be fine with me, too), but it might be possible.

Depending on what else the May update will include... I mean, warp cores sound promising, for example.
    I agree. I started playing just before Season 4. The KDF is currently in a BETTER state than the Feds were back when I started playing.

Honestly, I think they could make KDF playable at level 1 and simply downgrade the level requirements of all the KDF missions to match it. I've been playing almost 2 years and I've NEVER bothered to play half the Fed missions. And I have 8 VAs...

One thing that really bugs me about these forums is how often people misrepresent things the devs have said. Most of Stahl's comments about future content were at best SPECULATION about what the devs were going to do, NOT promises of any kind...
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,280 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Honestly, I think they could make KDF playable at level 1 and simply downgrade the level requirements of all the KDF missions to match it. I've been playing almost 2 years and I've NEVER bothered to play half the Fed missions. And I have 8 VAs...

i actually agree with this; the missions are nice the first time you play them when everything is new and you don't know what's going to happen, but after that...they just become an annoyance
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • Options
    thlaylierahthlaylierah Member Posts: 2,984 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    lordgyor wrote: »
    If it is the Romulan faction, they'll make plenty of money on new character slots and the like, as well fleet verisons of Romulan ships.

Charging to play Romulans would only hurt the F2P model and cut into profits.

How about the fact that the current limit on ships and shuttles combined is 38 and the fact that if you discharge a bought ship and want it back you have to buy it again?

The ship slot total should go up for every newly offered ship including all the lockbox ships!
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    How about the fact that the current limit on ships and shuttles combined is 38 and the fact that if you discharge a bought ship and want it back you have to buy it again?

for single character ships like mirror, lockbox and fleet, yes, if you dismiss it you'll have to buy it back, but ships bought in the c-store are a one-time purchase; you can dismiss and reclaim as many times as you want, for all characters on that account
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
  • Options
    thlaylierahthlaylierah Member Posts: 2,984 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I have an Excelsior currently in my shipyard that I bought from the C-Store.

When I check the Z-Store it says I need to buy it again for 20000 zen?

I see many ships that are indeed reclaimable, but not this one or my Nebula?

Be VERY careful when dismissing ships and don't ever trust them.
  • Options
    crusader2007crusader2007 Member Posts: 1,820 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Stahl said many times that there would never would be any paid expansions or updates of STO. And given they are hiring more people for the STO team, I don't get the impression they are in a financial crunch that would mandate the need to go back on that word.

Honestly, the impression I got with that Lifetimer comment with "Season 8" is that Lifetimers would likely get somekind of unique item or Perk that other players would not. Similar how players get unique rewards for Tribble Testing.

They always said that and just a business scheme...like politicians...NEVER SAY NEVER :D
    DUwNP.gif

• Options
    cmdrskyfallercmdrskyfaller Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Stahl said many times that there would never would be any paid expansions or updates of STO. And given they are hiring more people for the STO team, I don't get the impression they are in a financial crunch that would mandate the need to go back on that word.

Honestly, the impression I got with that Lifetimer comment with "Season 8" is that Lifetimers would likely get somekind of unique item or Perk that other players would not. Similar how players get unique rewards for Tribble Testing.

He's also said a lot of stuff about the KDF being improved in the past 3 years.

That hasn't happened now has it?
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    He's also said a lot of stuff about the KDF being improved in the past 3 years.

That hasn't happened now has it?

oh, it has been improved, just not as much as he's been promising it would improve; remember, when the game first came out, the KDF was nothing more than a PvP faction, with only a handful of ships, no story missions at all, and no access to PvE content

#LegalizeAwoo

• Options
    areikou#8990 areikou Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I have an Excelsior currently in my shipyard that I bought from the C-Store.

When I check the Z-Store it says I need to buy it again for 20000 zen?

I see many ships that are indeed reclaimable, but not this one or my Nebula?

Be VERY careful when dismissing ships and don't ever trust them.

There is also more than one version of the excelsior. There was another version a while back that you got via a token. This would be the one that you can dismiss and never get back and have to purchase via the C-Store. Sounds like you have this version.

If not, create a ticket and talk to customer service, that shouldn't happen with any C-Store ship, period.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    [Unrepentant] Lapo@overlapo: the problem with space STF
    is that you can't properly teabag your defeated opponent

Unrepentant: Home of the Rainbow Warrior and the Rainbow Brigade.