Install Arc
Options

star trek bridge commander

2»

Comments

• Options
    ryeknowryeknow Member Posts: 191 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Good ole Bridge Commander. I loved that game. Even with its age, there are many aspects of it that still can stomp STO into the ground. With the numerous amount of mods the game stayed fun for a long, long time.
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    gfreeman98 wrote: »
    Elite Force & Elite Force II were both very good. There was even multiplayer, but no idea if that still works.

I must admit I never played Bridge Commander though. If one can still find a copy, does it run on Win7 or do you need something like Dosbox?

Not sure at the moment. I have the disk and I think I will try to install it soon. If its anything similar to other older games that I have installed on Win7, it should work if you install it exclusively into the Program Files (x86) folder. Assuming you like 99% of us run the 64-bit Windows OS's. I have some games like Lock On: Modern Air Combat that will play on Win 7 but only if installed into that folder and not anywhere else since they were 32-bit designed programs. I'll let you know.
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    I can confirm it does run with Windows 7. When you install it, it automatically goes into the Program Files (x86) folder.

Initially I had the ole screen flicker issue with it. However the work around is to go to the program folder, right click the stbc.exe file, select properties >compatibility > run in Windows XP (service pack 2) and check the box 'Run in 256 colors'. That will resolve the flickering issue.

Enjoy.