test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Liberated Borg & Hologrphic Bridge Officer's

2»

Comments

• grouchyotakugrouchyotaku Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    what does the borg science officer have to do with anything? he isn't talking about that, he's talking about a photonic science officer
    Misread the part between Borg vs. Photonic, but the same principle applies. Once the Photonic Science BO has been unpacked from its package, its also BIND ON PICKUP and cannot be traded or sold.

(My Main has one on his Bridge Crew, and found this out after seeing if he could be 'traded' for training purposes...)
  • legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,282 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Misread the part between Borg vs. Photonic, but the same principle applies. Once the Photonic Science BO has been unpacked from its package, its also BIND ON PICKUP and cannot be traded or sold.

(My Main has one on his Bridge Crew, and found this out after seeing if he could be 'traded' for training purposes...)

yours is commissioned though; his is a candidate...the candidates may be sellable
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • grouchyotakugrouchyotaku Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    yours is commissioned though; his is a candidate...the candidates may be sellable
    Like I said, once unpacked, their 'Bind on Pickup'. Its the same with both Photonic BOs, the Borg Science and Reman BOs. Only the non-commissioned Breen BO is trade-able, as I have serveral of these in Email storage...

If non-commissioned Photonic Science BOs were trade-able, you'd see them on the Exchange for huge sums of ECs. If you do find them, it would be in the Rewards Pack section, still in their package..
  • lordfuzunlordfuzun Member Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    ryoborg wrote: »
    is there anyway to buy energy credits for zen?

No Energy Credits come solely from selling items to Vendors or Selling on the Exchange.
  • legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,282 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    lordfuzun wrote: »
    No Energy Credits come solely from selling items to Vendors or Selling on the Exchange.

that would be where master keys come in; buy with zen, sell for EC; it's not a direct exchange, but if it works, it works
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • lordfuzunlordfuzun Member Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    ryoborg wrote: »
    also how do you get a higher energy credit limit coz mine only goes up to 10,000,000 & i need to be able to have at least 15,000,000 to get the thing i'm saving for? any help would be great.

You can up you Energy Credit limit with a Gold Account (i.e. Subscribe). Or you can lift the limit with a one-time C-Store purchase. The raising Energy Credit Limit is under Services for 500 Zen.
  • rooster75rooster75 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Like I said, once unpacked, their 'Bind on Pickup'. Its the same with both Photonic BOs, the Borg Science and Reman BOs. Only the non-commissioned Breen BO is trade-able, as I have serveral of these in Email storage...

If non-commissioned Photonic Science BOs were trade-able, you'd see them on the Exchange for huge sums of ECs. If you do find them, it would be in the Rewards Pack section, still in their package..

For some reason I'm recollecting that the Photonic Science Officer BOff didn't exactly bind per say. I used to trade these BOffs to fleet mates after commissioning at one point unless that's been changed. Honestly, I haven't tried trading one of these particular Photonics since at least Season 4 but nearly all the members of my fleet had one of these BOffs because of me gifting them at one time. There used to be many irregularities within the game about what BOffs were actually bind on pickup as we have seen before with Diplomacy Officers that were sometimes bound and sometimes not in the past. It just depended on the patch. I wouldn't be surprised if these particular Photonics could still be traded given that so few people actually have access to them in game. I could imagine this true especially since the referral promotion was done away with long ago. They probably still work the same way that Veteran BOffs do and the way they always had before.

I can neither deny nor confirm that these Photonic Science BOffs don't currently bind after commissioning but only that they used to be trade-able once commissioned. I'll try trading one this weekend to my other account and see if they still do to be totally certain. I am, however, currently operating under the same notion that they work the same way that they always have.

This is not actually quite correct. You are correct in assuming that the Photonic Science BOffs can not be sold directly on the exchange, however, they don't come in a reward package. They are found under Legacy unlocks and go directly to the roster once claimed. They can be dismissed and reclaimed over and over again. Like I mentioned above, you used to be able to trade them after commissioning the same way that you can do Veteran BOffs now. I haven't tried trading one for quite awhile but I'm assuming this still holds true.

You seem to have the Photonic Science Officer BOff from the referral program confused with the Tactical Photonic BOff from the Lobi store I believe. They are not the same thing.

I love how there is always one expert on these forums that doesn't have a clue what they are talking about and carries on a conversation that has nothing to do with the one he's attempting to respond to. Thanks for filling that role. You might be enlightened if you learn to read a post before making an attempt to respond to one.