What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Please stop crusading against "foundry grinders"

13»

Comments

• pendra3780pendra3780 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    twg042370 wrote: »
    They did not go away. They went nowhere.
    Not in the ground. Not in the air.
    There they are. I see them there.

They just shoot back. Now they do.
    It's still not hard. This is true.
    No need for boo. No need for hoo.

This funny as hell :D.
  • pendra3780pendra3780 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    tilarta wrote: »
    I only have two motivations for doing the mission:

Fleet Marks.
    Dilithium.

Both of which end up getting donated to my fleet's starbase.

All other avenues of getting fleet marks have been exhausted.
    Or at least getting a decent amount for time invested.

As for how canon the game is, as the Borg would say, irrevalent!
    I'm getting the Trek experience, having fun doing so and that's all that matters.

I see, GREED, the Trek experience at its finest.

Why the hell do you need a starbase anyway?
    Because your neighbour has one?
    Because Cryptic said you have to have one?
    Because you were tricked into Tier one and now you don't want to lose your investment (ever heard of the "Dollar auction game")?

Be smart, count before you go into something and know when to get out.
    I grinded the German line in World of Tanks to get a fully kitted E50. It is absolutely the funniest tank to drive around and you can really make difference with that on the PVP battlefield. So the grind worth it for me.

Does grinding for a starbase worth for you? What will you do with it if you get to Tier 5? Sit on top of it and act like a rooster on his scrapheap? Yelling around "Look guys, I'm king of the world!" And the guys will say, "so what, big deal".
    Paying a lot for the +1 ships worths it? It flies the same but can take down the AI enemies like 3 secs faster. Does that worth the endless hours of grind?

Think about this before you start the next project. I did and never started one. I still have tons of EC, DIL, officers, ships and all. Why the hell would I want a +1 ship anyway? I can beat Elite STFs using a my current kit in a Tier 2 Connie and out DPS 2 or 3 players out of 4 while doing so.
  • bloctoadbloctoad Member Posts: 660 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    ajstoner wrote: »
    Except for the fact that it is a lie, sure. That's not what happened. One segment of the player base launched an unprovoked attack on the Foundry and is now trying to play the victim. All that the Foundry authors did was demand for the UI to be changed to clear up the mess. Nothing more.

Many people's entire libraries of missions have been destroyed for no reason at all except that such people came in here ranting, raving, making false accusations, and spreading misinformation so as to scapegoat grinder author's over Cryptic's management of the game economy.

If you are not happy about the availability of dil or FM's in other parts of the game then tell Cryptic to fix that instead of invading and attempting to co-opt a part of the game you yourselves have stated, in no uncertain terms, that you have no interest in and hold in contempt.

Interesting statement. If only you folks actually heeded the words you just spoke.

EDIT: This thread has now run its course. Thanks for the feedback, though! -Brandon
    Jack Emmert: "Starfleet and Klingon. ... So two factions, full PvE content."
    Al Rivera hates Klingons
    Star Trek Online: Agents of Jack Emmert
    All cloaks should be canon.
This discussion has been closed.