test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Cant Now Complete Temporal Ambassador

captainrevo1captainrevo1 Member Posts: 3,948 Arc User
edited March 2013 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
The temporal ambassador mission now wont complete.

i have run it several times and nothing. this is a bug that has plagued many missions over the years and ive now had it twice in a row on this mission.

the mission text at the top is still stuck on go to the tholian base. if i exit and go back in it just sends me to the tholian control room.
Post edited by captainrevo1 on

Comments

• sovakofvulcansovakofvulcan Member Posts: 103 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Same here...I'm Force Verifying before I try again...
    Admiral Jisil T'ror
    Admiral Sovak
    “Does anyone remember when we used to be explorers...”
  • maerdynmaerdyn Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    for some reason only fed have this problem, I did it on my KDF char.
    CO LT, STO LT, played NWN and NWN2 before and another DnD games
  • cary510cary510 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Had this problem with my FED Science officer, frustrating as hell. Did the loop 5 times and still the problem persisted.

Finally, instead of leaving the system as per instructions, I contacted Starfleet and handed in my mission on the spot.

Once you leave the system, you're screwed.
  • dirlettiadirlettia Member Posts: 1,632 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Had this problem on my kdf toon as I got through the mission and then it said to go back to the base. Went back to continue which through me in the tunnels and then i had to make sure i didnt try and skip any cutscenes so it would finally complete.

Still waiting to be able to use forum titles
  • azurianstarazurianstar Member Posts: 6,985 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I'm encountering the same problem, it's not resolving.

Repeated it 3 times so far and think the patch broke the mission.
  • corpralhickscorpralhicks Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I also have the same issue here as well attempted the mission 3 times and each time i ended back on the tholian base i also dropped the mission and ran it from the beginning and the same thing happening.
  • mrgrocer56mrgrocer56 Member Posts: 370 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Same here, Fed Tac
  • goldsenejgoldsenej Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    It is not just a Fed problem my KDF also is stuck on the same spot "Go to the tholian base".
    They are doing a restart not sure if that will fix this or not.
  • fletch57fletch57 Member Posts: 318 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    the mission finished fine for me,but when I pick up rewards, the "yesterdays enterprise" uniform was missing. happen to both my fed toons. sent in ticket.
  • admiralcarteradmiralcarter Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I think I have a solution for this.

This mission only bugs out on some possibilitys you pick when you are freeing the Enterprise.

It bugged for me when I was restoring Main Power.

When I ordered T'Nae to restore Main Power and I did something else it worked.

Only a guess though. Try different options.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Star Trek Online Intro HD [3rd Fleet Anniversary]

• garakfan84garakfan84 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I've already posted this on another thread but if it gets more people to see it, I'll post it here too:
    garakfan84 wrote: »
    I had the same problem and I did it 3 times because I figured maybe I was assining the officers to the wrong stations and I was right.
    So here is how it worked for me:

Tasha Yar: Tholian webbing;
    Richard Castillo: Power levels;
    T'Nae: Tractor beam;
    Our officer: Docking clamps.

Hope this helps. :)

From: http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=535451
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • kaiserkactokaiserkacto Member Posts: 482 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    garakfan84 wrote: »
    I've already posted this on another thread but if it gets more people to see it, I'll post it here too:

From: http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=535451

Thank you very much, it worked
    "In every age,
    In every place,
    The deeds of men remain the same..."
    12701.png
  • scottfreemanscottfreeman Member Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Didn't work for me.

Didn't need to try it for one of my Fed toons, but 4 different combinations for my KDF toon all fail to complete the mission.
  • raventomoeraventomoe Member Posts: 723 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Maybe the combination is faction/job dependent? :confused:

I'm having the same issue on my KDF and tried nearly everything but changing which one I do.
    "The Multiverse, the ultimate frontier..."
    Thus begins...Lyrical Trek
  • bannon3bannon3 Member Posts: 379 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Could just be coinkidink but the above solution worked for me as far as assigning duties goes, I also didnt pick up any of the Tholian drops either not sure that makes a diff but after 4 tries I was superstitious at that point.
    In Space, Cryptic cant hear you scream!!!
  • nalonalo Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Another thread on the topic http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?p=7854121#post7854121
    nalo wrote: »
    Been haveing issue's simaler to those I have read here after the second attempt I drop the mission so not sure if that was it or if as stated it was a third try is the charm....

Haveing same issue in both factions Hope it is fixed soon
    and yes I filed a ticket on it
  • darthwoodarthwoo Member Posts: 371 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I had finished the mission just fine on two of my characters, one from each faction. Upon the playthrough of my third character, I got the completion bug. I tried playing through the remainder again, but with the same result. I just tried to replay the mission on my first character, and despite doing everything as I did it the first time, it is bugging out for me now. I really don't think the assignment of NPCs has anything to do with it, as I am using the same layout as I used on my first successful run. I sincerely hope that if the problem is this widespread that the end date of the event will be pushed back at least a couple days. I certainly don't want to waste time playing it on the rest of my characters if they're just going to get stuck again.
  • gaevsmangaevsman Member Posts: 3,190 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Solution is simple:

Once you enter the base, before you open the door for Tasha and the others, change character, so you are in the character selection screen and reenter with your char, the misi?n will be ok.

Tried 5 times with all my toons, no probem so far..
    The forces of darkness are upon us!
  • elderdrake123elderdrake123 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    gaevsman wrote: »
    Solution is simple:

Once you enter the base, before you open the door for Tasha and the others, change character, so you are in the character selection screen and reenter with your char, the misi?n will be ok.

Tried 5 times with all my toons, no probem so far..

I had the OP's stated problem on my Klingon Tactical toon. I tried 3 times to complete and it kept putting me either back in the tubes or the control room before you open the door. I did the above quote verbatim and selected the same toon at the character selection screen...played out the mission, and it completed. Thanks for the help and posted solution gaevsman, much appreciated.
  • captainrevo1captainrevo1 Member Posts: 3,948 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I've found you can tell its going to happen when the mission goal text stays on enter the tholian base, instead of changing to the space text (cant remember what that was).

the only thing i suggest is logging out for 5 minutes and try and let the mission reset itself, then jump back in (should be at the end of the tholian base, then when entering the space section check the mission tracker info has changed
  • gaevsmangaevsman Member Posts: 3,190 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I've found you can tell its going to happen when the mission goal text stays on enter the tholian base, instead of changing to the space text (cant remember what that was).

the only thing i suggest is logging out for 5 minutes and try and let the mission reset itself, then jump back in (should be at the end of the tholian base, then when entering the space section check the mission tracker info has changed

You dont need to wait, you can log in again an it will work.. done with all my toons, hope that helps!
    The forces of darkness are upon us!
  • benoliverwillockbenoliverwillock Member Posts: 99 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    So I've spent HOURS trying to work out what it is - its so simple you're all going to laugh.

So when you're in the Enterprise C, after you and the Timeship have made short work of the Tholians, they generally drop loot; now if you're like me, you'll be so busy picking up loot that you don't answer the hail from the Timeship, and instead go straight to the anomaly like the mission text says - however if you don't talk with the Timeship captain before doing this, for some reason the mission doesn't update properly.

So to fix it, make 100% sure you've talked with the Timeship captain before heading back into the anomaly.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • pulserazorpulserazor Member Posts: 590 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    you are all wrong, none of that works. before you post a solution, make sure you have tested it more then once. what has happened was that you lucked out and got completion.

Furthermore, not one of you should be posting a 'workaround' - it wasnt intended to be worked around. - Craptic should fix their stupid mistakes.

Is this game made by amateurs?
  • tahnalostahnalos Member Posts: 257 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    gaevsman wrote: »
    You dont need to wait, you can log in again an it will work.. done with all my toons, hope that helps!

I have confirmed his solution is the best workaround.
    Fleet Affiliations:
    FED: Royal Federation Mounted Starfleet: SB3, TAC3, ENG3, SCI3, Win, Int, DOff(T/E/S/B)
    KDF: Parliamentary Klingon Empire: SB2, TAC2, ENG2, SCI2, Win, DOff(T)

Interested in joining? Please send a PM to @Tahna_Los.
  • bluegrassgeekbluegrassgeek Member Posts: 360 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    So I've spent HOURS trying to work out what it is - its so simple you're all going to laugh.

So when you're in the Enterprise C, after you and the Timeship have made short work of the Tholians, they generally drop loot; now if you're like me, you'll be so busy picking up loot that you don't answer the hail from the Timeship, and instead go straight to the anomaly like the mission text says - however if you don't talk with the Timeship captain before doing this, for some reason the mission doesn't update properly.

So to fix it, make 100% sure you've talked with the Timeship captain before heading back into the anomaly.

Afraid that's not it. I've specifically done the conversation with the Timeship and still got no credit.

In fact, the bug appears as soon as you board Ent-C. If you board the ship, the mission stage should change to "Redacted" as the title when it works. If it doesn't, you get "Go to the Tholian Base" again, just like when you first received the mission, as soon as you enter the space map to battle the Tholians.

There doesn't appear to be a consistent way to reproduce the bug, or fix it. I've tried different variations with having NPCs disable security systems. I've tried completing or not completing the "Hand Drawn Map." I've tried either waiting for the NPCs on the shielded walkway, or running ahead to start disabling it before they catch up.
    ____
    Keep calm, and continue firing photon torpedoes.
  • bluegrassgeekbluegrassgeek Member Posts: 360 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    tahnalos wrote: »
    I have confirmed his solution is the best workaround.

The "change character" screen trick did not work for me.:(
    ____
    Keep calm, and continue firing photon torpedoes.
  • kriss257kriss257 Member Posts: 116 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    The "change character" screen trick did not work for me.:(

Didn't work for me too.
    I'm really suprise that criptic didn't fix ths:(

for my 3 characters mission went fine, but my kdf and 4th fed char no luck with completing

Criptic FIX ths or give us the ship and uniform without the mission!!
    10Chars and I play them ALL.

76561198045166665.png
  • salem1574salem1574 Member Posts: 187 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    dirlettia wrote: »
    Had this problem on my kdf toon as I got through the mission and then it said to go back to the base. Went back to continue which through me in the tunnels and then i had to make sure i didnt try and skip any cutscenes so it would finally complete.

Darn shame that a signature episode should be so bugged in the first place.. Did you guys at Cryptic even bother checking the quality? You should be ashamed of such terrible workman ship on a signature mission no less.

Guess these guys never heard of the old adage ?Quality goes in before the name goes on.?
  • yinepuhotepgamesyinepuhotepgames Member Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    maerdyn wrote: »
    for some reason only fed have this problem, I did it on my KDF char.

Sorry. I had the bug pop up on my KDF character, too.
    --

Coffee, chocolate, bacon, and phasers. What more do I need?
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Just do it 2 or 3 times....
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg