Comments

• xigbargxigbarg Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    They should totally sneak my quote in.

"Your future is so bright that they gave you safety belts."
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • darthstormstrikedarthstormstrike Member Posts: 771 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Who's the n00b? The people who asked or Cryptic that doesn't know the actual uniform was not the same top? Just like the show not catching Geordi still wearing it after the time line was restored. So it's Cryptic who is the n00bs. People who are asking are knowledgeable Trekkers.

"There is no problem in the universe that can't be solved with a bribe, a paid assassin, or an overpowered fighter." - Chubain from Jumpgate Evolution
  • leviathan99#2867 leviathan99 Member Posts: 7,747 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Who's the n00b? The people who asked or Cryptic that doesn't know the actual uniform was not the same top? Just like the show not catching Geordi still wearing it after the time line was restored. So it's Cryptic who is the n00bs. People who are asking are knowledgeable Trekkers.

Well, it's technically not incorrect as a junior officer uniform since junior officers had S1 TNG and the harness.

But I want the proper officer uniform either way.

Here's hoping it got delayed like the other parts of the S1 uniform. (And I'm still hoping for S1 accurate pants with piping.)
  • evilgenius180evilgenius180 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Why does someone have to be a noob to think that opening a uniform pack means you get a uniform? I've been playing this game since 2011 and I was wondering where the uniform was. I thought there was a bug until I found the two parts that they included, which certainly don't make a uniform. It doesn't say in the description for the item that you just get the stupid belts and strap-things they wore in the episode, it says "Yesterday's Enterprise Uniform." In most of the other uniform packs, you get an entire uniform, not just two parts. Cryptic is just being lazy and cheap and nobody who is asking that question is to blame, Cryptic is. Sure, you can put on the Season 1 top, the belt and other thing and look like an extra, but you can't look like a member of the main cast because they didn't include the tops that the main characters wore.
    edited February 2013
    Well, it's technically not incorrect as a junior officer uniform since junior officers had S1 TNG and the harness.

But I want the proper officer uniform either way.

Here's hoping it got delayed like the other parts of the S1 uniform. (And I'm still hoping for S1 accurate pants with piping.)

Still wrong. The ones who are not "redshirts" with no lines all wore a different uniform than we have available. And a strap and belt is not a uniform. Those are accessories.

Don't try to defend Cryptic here. They were wrong.

"There is no problem in the universe that can't be solved with a bribe, a paid assassin, or an overpowered fighter." - Chubain from Jumpgate Evolution
  • darkstarkiriandarkstarkirian Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    xigbarg wrote: »
    They should totally sneak my quote in.

"Your future is so bright that they gave you safety belts."

I know ehat your talking about. :cool:
    [SIGPIC]Handle: @kirian_darkstar
    Fleets: Warriors of the Phoenix, Kirian Industries[/SIGPIC]
    Three years and still no Captain Klaa hair...
  • darkstarkiriandarkstarkirian Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Still wrong. The ones who are not "redshirts" with no lines all wore a different uniform than we have available. And a strap and belt is not a uniform. Those are accessories.

Won't disagree with that, because, well, I said the same thing.

"Yesterdays Enterprise Accessories"
    not Uniform
    [SIGPIC]Handle: @kirian_darkstar
    Fleets: Warriors of the Phoenix, Kirian Industries[/SIGPIC]
    Three years and still no Captain Klaa hair...
  • kimmymkimmym Member Posts: 1,317 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Proof that MMO gamers will complain about anything...
    I once again match my character. Behold the power of PINK!
    kimmym_5664.jpg
    Fleet Admiral Space Orphidian Possiblities Wizard
  • captainmerzancaptainmerzan Member Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited February 2013

I mean no disrespect but realy who cares its free junk you could had gottent nothing, so be thankfull
  • thebumblethebumble Member Posts: 2
    edited February 2013
  • aelfwin1aelfwin1 Member Posts: 2,896 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    And here I was hoping they'd update the red plather material they used 3 years ago for the TOS Movie uniforms .
    Silly me .
  • darkzenithukdarkzenithuk Member Posts: 57 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    "Yesterdays Enterprise Accessories"

Bingo. A belt is not a uniform.
    Mortem a mundo, ortum republica, imperii ruina.
  • jester2k15jester2k15 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Would be good if you could actually alter the colour of the belts, to the white/gold colours etc.. i can manufacture the uniform well enough for me from existing outfits.. but yes.. its not really an outfit but im still happy with being given it.. :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited February 2013
    I mean no disrespect but realy who cares its free junk you could had gottent nothing, so be thankfull

Let me come over and dump trash on your lawn. Will you say thanks to that?

They need to not call a belt and strap as a "uniform". As said, they should call it "Yesterday's Enterprise Belt and Strap".

• robertcrayvenrobertcrayven Member Posts: 355 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Let me come over and dump trash on your lawn. Will you say thanks to that?

They need to not call a belt and strap as a "uniform". As said, they should call it "Yesterday's Enterprise Belt and Strap".

Or simply "Yesterday's Seatbelt."

In either case, it's not a uniform.
  • thebumblethebumble Member Posts: 2
    edited February 2013

That was good for a laugh..XD
    edited February 2013

In either case, it's not a uniform.

lol. Exactly when you add them together. At least they won't get the "click or ticket it" ticket. :D

• leviathan99#2867 leviathan99 Member Posts: 7,747 Arc User
    edited February 2013

And I'm saying we can replicate the redshirt look and that since it was an unannounced freebie, I'd be fine with paying for the full deal done properly.

Although with the precedent of the S1 TNG uniform, it should probably be a uniform 2 pack at least and maybe a 3 pack given how little new art an Enterprise-C and TNG Alternate uniform would require.
  • crusty8maccrusty8mac Member Posts: 1,381 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Embrace the crossing guard look. You know you want to.
    edited February 2013
    crusty8mac wrote: »
    Embrace the crossing guard look. You know you want to.

lol. They forgot to give us the stop sign to hold up though. :D

• robertcrayvenrobertcrayven Member Posts: 355 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    lol. They forgot to give us the stop sign to hold up though. :D

But if you do the dance emotes, you can look like that one NYC traffic cop that decided directing cars needed a little extra flava'.
  • sandormen123sandormen123 Member Posts: 862 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Oh. So it is a mere NCO accessory. Didn't know that. good thing I only use it on the warped, uhm, temporal jumpsuit then. It looks pretty decent there. the 'seatbelt' is of a shiny metallic texture, so it feels pretty futuristic, hence I use it on the spacewarp, uh, temporal suit.
    /Floozy
  • shockwave85shockwave85 Member Posts: 1,040 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I was annoyed until I looked at the picture the previous poster shared. The Sr. Officer version has a gold belt. Clearly, given this is silver and has the shoulder strap, it was meant for the Jr. Officer version. Therefore it goes with the crew neck style uniform, and is not missing anything (assuming you have the crew neck shirt from the TNG anniversary or Zen Store). Now, we can still clamor for the Sr. Officer variant with the straight collar and gold belt, but that's a wholly separate thing.
    ssog-maco-sig.jpg
  • mikeward1701mikeward1701 Member Posts: 277 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Is it ever explained what the belt/sash/harness thingy is? Is it just aesthetic or is it meant to have a purpose?
    Fleet Admiral Ward
    Commander, Starfleet Corps of Engineers • 7th Fleet
    Commanding Officer, U.S.S. HEART OF OAK • NX-1759-B • Odyssey class Star Cruiser ( Lexington Tactical Configuration)
    )
    (Steam - feel free to follow/friend me : )
  • snoggymack22snoggymack22 Member Posts: 7,084 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Wow, how far has this game fallen if they don't provide the actual alternate universe uniform for either the TNG crew or the Ent-C crew?

The collar was different on that uniform. It was noticeable in the episode. So just tacking this belt and harness onto the TNG uniforms already in-game isn't quite the same thing.

Nit picky? Come on it's Star Trek. And this game already has a zillion slight variations on the uniforms already (Open shirt DS9, Command Jacket from later on episodes in TNG, Medical T-Shirt from TOS).

And the Wrath of Khan uniform is again not the same thing as the one worn by the Ent-C crew.

Just seems like someone fumbled the ball on this. Big time.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • lordagamemnonb5lordagamemnonb5 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Is it ever explained what the belt/sash/harness thingy is? Is it just aesthetic or is it meant to have a purpose?

One of those asthetic things to add to a wartime feeling (even today, many militaries have either regular belts or Sam Browne blets as part of a service or dress uniform). It helps to give what was esentially money tight alteration to the uniforms a better flair (and personnallyy I think it contrasts well with the dark lighting of the bridge).

I think Memory Alpha (Star Trek Wiki incase you didn't know) has some backround on the episode and even titles of books that were written just about the making of "Yesterday's Enterprise."
    Wow, how far has this game fallen if they don't provide the actual alternate universe uniform for either the TNG crew or the Ent-C crew?

The collar was different on that uniform. It was noticeable in the episode. So just tacking this belt and harness onto the TNG uniforms already in-game isn't quite the same thing.

Nit picky? Come on it's Star Trek. And this game already has a zillion slight variations on the uniforms already (Open shirt DS9, Command Jacket from later on episodes in TNG, Medical T-Shirt from TOS).

And the Wrath of Khan uniform is again not the same thing as the one worn by the Ent-C crew.

Oh noes, run to the hills; we don't have our mandorin collar TNG uniforms!!

Seriously guy, it isn't that big a deal. Not having a mandorin collar and black cuffs isn't going to cause the game to fail. Hardly a big time fumbling of the ball.
    How the Devs see Star Trek, apparently:
    Star Trek: The Original Grind
    Star Trek: The Next Grind
    Star Trek: Deep Space Grind
    Star Trek: Voyage to the Grind
  • magusofborgmagusofborg Member Posts: 186 Arc User
    edited February 2013

The silver Harness and belt goes with a season 1 uniform, not the closed collar and black cuff uniform worn in the alternate reality. That uniform was worn with a more gold belt.
    So ya, we do have the uniform top that goes with the harness set. At least those of us who was here for the TNG 25th anniversary and got it for free. Otherwise buy it from the C-store.
    http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/33/uniformsyesterdaysenter.jpg/sr=1

Joined August 2009
  • lordagamemnonb5lordagamemnonb5 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    The silver Harness and belt goes with a season 1 uniform, not the closed collar and black cuff uniform worn in the alternate reality. That uniform was worn with a more gold belt.
    So ya, we do have the uniform top that goes with the harness set. At least those of us who was here for the TNG 25th anniversary and got it for free. Otherwise buy it from the C-store.

Actually, if you look at screen caps on Memory Alpha, the two belts are the same color.
    How the Devs see Star Trek, apparently:
    Star Trek: The Original Grind
    Star Trek: The Next Grind
    Star Trek: Deep Space Grind
    Star Trek: Voyage to the Grind
  • verlaine11verlaine11 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013

http://www.st-spike.org/pages/uniforms/yesterdaysenterprise/uniforms.htm
  • magusofborgmagusofborg Member Posts: 186 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Actually, if you look at screen caps on Memory Alpha, the two belts are the same color.

Im too good for memory alpha ;), I actually know someone who actually handled the belts and they confirmed for me that they were the same color.
    With that said, the belt you get is inaccurate and technically dont go with any uniform.
    The delta shield details are supposed to be gold on top a silver belt.
    Joined August 2009