• Tribble of Borg can only be bought once per account
  • Skirts beam out before the rest
  • No pictures of other players in a team
  • Sometimes cannot read player info
  • Accolades "Incursion defender" and "Siege Breaker" do not complete
  • Server disconnects
  • XMPP Fleet chat not working
  • "Machine Gun" Omega torp animation

Could any of the DEVs please comment on them? That would be much appreciated.
Are you aware that they exist? Are some of them already worked on? Even a "We will not fix this, live with it" would be better than not knowing and hoping for a fix in vain.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by nithanath on

Comments

• Options
    omegashinzonomegashinzon Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I'd like to elaborate on your list and add to it as well as note how the rather often patching rarely, if ever, addresses any of the most important issues. Reading the patch notes from today, I see minor weapons "updates" and nonsense that affects very few players while the most important bugs that plague everyone daily are swept under the rug.

Soo.........
    *"All" search on exchange: How many times have you had to explain to someone not to use 'all' because prices will not show correctly? This is either a) intentional and devised for some purpose we are unaware of. or b) an issue that is simply "too much work" to fix. Either way, it is a constant nuisance to nearly all players at some time or another. Why do minor weapon modifications surpass this on list of things to do? Sure there are plenty of other exchange bugs (and the list keeps getting bigger, not shorter) but this is the most annoying of all. Secondly so because certain items such as CXP bonus pools cannot be found under any category.

*Tholian Red Alert: Annoying yes, important no. Disable the darn thing till you fix it already.

*ADDITION, Tau/Mining "radiation sickness" bug. Anyone who mines dilithium (further encouraged by new Dominion box claims) has heard about or experienced it. Forcing you to restart the game after scanning for radiation in New Romulus will make it impossible to mine dilithium. Since S7, numerous patches have come and gone with no fix.

*ADDITION, The most important, frustrating, wide spread of all bugs ever... The equiped shuttle craft bug: Not only can you not be correctly identified as flying your current ship but shields/engines will not display the proper stats, making buying/equiping proper ones nearly impossible. THIS IS A FUNDAMENTAL PART OF THE GAME. Knowing which engines have what turn rate or what shield has what capacity beforehand for your CURRENT ship is absolutely one of the most important aspects of space combat. (I even heard one player say he deleted his shuttles to remedy and it worked for either his FED or KDF but not the other, giving even THAT a 50/50 success rate.)

*ADDITION, The Borg Proc: Does it work? Will it? won't it? Why is it there if it doesn't? Do something about it please.

It seems the only stuff that gets "fixed" is stuff that makes things even more difficult or take away some advantage. Rechargable shield batteries can no longer be obtained, Trading in DoFFs now costs and arm and a leg in precious dilithium, Extra abilities were removed from tray IMMEDIATELY after S7 started during FIRST patch, etc. But knowing which engine to buy for your ship.... meh, who cares?

I'm sure these issues have been addressed in other posts but my real point is the updates/patches never fix the REAL problems in the game. It's always take away something or new content or minor issues with specific items/maps. Am I the only one that notices this....?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    If your post is anything like, "I have a sandwich so you can't be starving" it's time to rethink posting. ~thlaylierah
    So realistically, you only need to have the exact number of doffs that you need. ~leadme2kirk
  • Options
    xariamaxariama Member Posts: 161 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Let's not forget the lag generator they hooked up to just about everything in the server, from loading times to mission completion delays.
    Lane Bjorn Jorgensson, Captain, ISS Voltaire

Here's a map to show how much they've screwed up the game map.
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    Since I am unable to connect to the game today... let's continue and keep this thread fresh shall we...
    Current issue is less of a "bug" and more of a lack of customer support and/or poor programming. It has been addressed in other posts but never remedied. Oh sure, you got 25 amateur "experts" who don't work for PW chiming in but only one answer from Devs in a nutshell says "Try these 100 things and fix it urself guys. :-P" I know, as well as a few others what the problem is. I even submitted a ticket last time it happened in a CLEAR, CONCISE manner. With edited screen shots and all, begging for them not to give me a lame, generic response like "clear your cookies" or "try rebooting". Yet, that's what I got. "Copy and paste files into your Antivirus." was the pro tech answer I got. The problem is exactly that on slow connections, the launcher updater (not the actual patching, the little white box that LOADS the launcher) refuses to allow enough time to update on slow connections and gives up. I know this because, #1 After scouring the forums, it was the only answer that made any sense. #2 After I had the problem I was able to launch the game on a faster connection immediately after 10 failed attempts on the slow one. Now... my connection is at times fine, and others slow for days or weeks. Once the launcher updates, I have no problem at either speed until next launcher update. That's where I am today. Can't update launcher because it's timing out, therefore can't play game until i can connect using a faster speed, then all will be fine. Do they raise the timeout limit? No. Do they acknowledge it is the real issue? No. I am not willing to attempt fooling with thing i know nothing of to MAYBE fix this. I shouldn't have to, I don't work for PWE, and I buy Zen so they can address issues regarding the game.

So yes... this is still on topic, not a tech support issue as my real complaint is yet again that REAL problems are swept under the rug and focus is solely placed on 'new ships new ships new ships', etc. and the new bugs that come with the new content are only addressed if it's a minor easy fix.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    If your post is anything like, "I have a sandwich so you can't be starving" it's time to rethink posting. ~thlaylierah
    So realistically, you only need to have the exact number of doffs that you need. ~leadme2kirk
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    Well, I was just in ESD Zone chat and people have been complaining or mentioning all day how the passive enemies in Weapons Free and EC Farming type Foundries have been "fixed" in the very needed patch for such easiness prevention. Meanwhile, at the same time, someone is ONCE AGAIN have a heated argument with someone over their attempted price gouging because the person selling is searching under "ALL" category on exchange and thinks a Mirror Sci ship is a discount at 130k (it's actually 89k). This is precisely the type of "fix this (player advantage), not that (actual headache of a glitch)" mentality that is DESTROYING the game patch by patch. I really hope someone important is reading this and does something about this complete lack of player consideration.

Also, feel free to leave your replies about similar experiences/observations.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    lastguytomlastguytom Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    nithanath wrote: »
    Here is a list of the most annoying bugs i keep experiencing:
    • Powers Tray (space & ground): Set Powers do not stay in their assigned slot
    • Exchange: The ALL-tab does not work properly
    • Exchange: [UNTRANSLATED: ] sort option
    • Beam down to New Romulus crashes the game
    • Navigation bug after you die and have a target
    • Tholian Red Alert (!!!)
    • Tailor: MACO costume
    • Tribble of Borg can only be bought once per account
    • Skirts beam out before the rest
    • No pictures of other players in a team
    • Sometimes cannot read player info
    • Accolades "Incursion defender" and "Siege Breaker" do not complete
    • Server disconnects
    • XMPP Fleet chat not working
    • "Machine Gun" Omega torp animation

Could any of the DEVs please comment on them? That would be much appreciated.
    Are you aware that they exist? Are some of them already worked on? Even a "We will not fix this, live with it" would be better than not knowing and hoping for a fix in vain.

these are the same problems everyone been having,seem cryptic/perfect world does not care and from what i am told by people in this game from the beginning,it looks like it the lack of concern or support is common in this game since the start of it.

new problem for me unable to set or unset auto-fire on my ship's weapons on my main alt after running the temporal mission that gives your the 3rd anniversary ship. put in ticket got the usual mmo GM RUN AROUND. STILL NOT REPAIRED 3 PATCHES SINCE,
    I SEE THAT ALT IS NOW UNPLAYABLE FOR ME SINCE I AM ALSO ON HANDED AND
    THAT ABILITY MADE THE GAME AT LEAST PLAYABLE FOR ME.
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    lastguytom wrote: »
    these are the same problems everyone been having,seem cryptic/perfect world does not care and from what i am told by people in this game from the beginning,it looks like it the lack of concern or support is common in this game since the start of it.
    Well Tom, It seems the most recent "patch" (third in what, 3 days?) has addressed "General server stability problems." Sounds nice, but why am I having conversations with other Captains on my own bridge.......? ALONE! Now if this is intentional, it might be cool, BUT Local chat is shared with another person on another bridge making private conversations on my own ship impossible. [Even team invite won't work if out of allegiance.] Obviously they did more than server stability here. But I'm willing to bet they didn't fix anything about the exchange, the "forever equiped shuttle" bug, or the Tau Radiation sickness. Just a wild guess.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    wolffman78wolffman78 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I have experienced all of the issues listed above, and a couple more than people may find ironically amusing.

Firstly, I've always had odd lag related issues... I can download online content at 10 mbps from most any website with almost non-existent latency... and yet when connected to STO, the latency jumps between under 70ms to over 500 very quickly and sporadically. Because of this, I get strange spikes where my screen shows me doing things and yet others say my character is standing still; or where I will lag out on zone loads, am disconnected and not be able to reconnect for a period of time, get stuck on a map unable to beam out, etc. Upon discussing this with other players, it seems that this kind of thing is very common. Ironically, the problem seems to have gotten worse since the most recent batch of 3 patches in 3 days.

During that time, my launcher like many others was unable to patch, and I was unable to play for several days.
    **** ISSUE #1 ****I tried submitting a support ticket through the website, but the PW-STO website support link RETURNED an INFINITE LOOP!! I couldn't get to the support link while signed in! I could sign out on the website and get to the support link, but the support site would not accept my login credentials to log back in, and absent an account login, the only option left available was e-mail support with an estimated 3-4 DAYS response time!! (And yes, I cleared cookies, lowered privacy settings to minimal, used several different browsers, and took several other steps to ensure that this was not a client-side issue).

THIS IS A BIG DEAL!! This means that if people DO have problems with logging into your game, they also cannot submit a ticket through your website that is paired to their account, and thus their issues are put into a non-priority queue categorized as non-player inquiries! This is ridiculous!

Even though I gave 2 issues with very specific information and even offered to help troubleshoot the issue, I got a canned response that made it clear nobody had read my e-mail. It makes me wonder why I took the time to write it...

***** ISSUE #2 *****
    I finally researched deep enough to figure out that setting up a vpn to route traffic more directly from the patch server would solve my problem, and so I did that and was able to get the patch. The following 3 days, the server was down so often that I was only able to get a couple of hours total play time. I was happy, because I thought maybe it meant that some of the issues we've raised in this thread were going to be addressed. Alas, no. Even after all 3 patches, all of which I had to manually route to acquire, within 15 minutes of playing I had severe lag and disconnect issues.

THIS IS ALSO A BIG DEAL!! I shouldn't need to be a retired programmer to figure out how to get my game to launch. I feel horrible for the folks out there who don't have enough technical skill to get as far as I have. They may be experiencing days or weeks of downtime because of this, with nothing but canned e-mail replies from a support team that doesn't actually read the incoming e-mails! :(

Just before this recent set of patches I had also discovered that many of the items I post for sale on the exchange were not showing up in others' searches, and so not selling, even though they were priced lower than identical items that sold. I researched this issue in depth, and although I can find advice from a buyers perspective (always select item type and quality, etc), there are no threads I can find that instruct someone how to work-around this bug as a seller and get your items to appear in "all" (no criteria selected) searches. Since this severely and adversely affects many aspects of game economy and can potentially be exploited by those who do "know the secret", this seems like it should be at the TOP of the priority list, and yet apparently it has been this way for all 3 years that STO has been around.

The culmination of that realization and the patching/lag/dc/general server stability problems got me upset, and I closed my game. I have not loaded it since. It has been several days now. I have decided to wait until the patch this upcoming Thursday, and see where things are at. If the game is still non-functional at that point, I will have to reconsider if this is a game I want to continue trying to play in the future. I am a retired programmer, and as such I try to have patience and understanding for these types of issues, because I have had to deal with them myself. That said, the sheer number and nature of these "bugs" are making the game not only unplayable, but also a game where you cannot get support (See above example of trying to submit a ticket for being unable to login, only to find out that their website support page will not function either).

Being retired, I play between 8 and 16 hours daily, so I spend more time than most in game and realize that as such I probably see a lot more of the bugs than most players do. I acknowledge that expecting a flawless game is unrealistic, but I don't think that asking for a functional and supportable game is too much to ask for. There are many aspects of this game that I truly love (space pvp arenas for example), and some of those things I will likely not find in another game at the scope and quality that STO has.

I am truly hopeful that the developers find a way to overcome these serious game stability issues, so that I can continue enjoying this wonderful game. If these issues continue to be ignored and uncorrected, while other cosmetic or revenue generating projects are prioritized, I will probably be but the first of many to choose another game. I hope that does not happen.

Truly,

Wolffman78

**Edit:

To Assist the developers in correcting the issues with the exchange, I am providing additional information on this issue mentioned above:

The queries that pull and sort the data sets for searches contain an error. Here is what I have done to arrive at this conclusion:
    I observed that items I post for sale do not appear in searches unless both item quality (white, green, blue, purple) AND item type (ship weapon, commodity, etc.) are selected in the search options. Omitting either one produces a smaller subset of results that does not include items that I post for sale. Omitting both procuces an even smaller subset of results than omitting just 1 of the 2 produced.
    To ensure that there was not an intentional mechanic that disallowed me from seeing my own sale posts (which might interfere with my troubleshooting the issue), I selected item type and quality, and was able to see my own sale postings in the search results 100% of the time (along with an additional several hundred other result postings).
    I can post any type of items in any stack size, with any options selected in the search pane when the sale is posted, and/or at any price range. None of these factors seem to affect whether or not my items appear in a search where no criteria are selected. Regardless of these factors, my initial findings held out and my psts do not appear unless both type and quality are chosen.
    Being a retired database programmer, it occurs to me that the most likely cause for this issue is a small error in the query behind the search function. Based on the result subsets I am seeing, I think it is likely caused by a portion of the query that is specific to the "all" selection in the quality and the "all" selection in the item type, but not the queries that are executed when selections are made in those drop-downs.
    That leads me to believe that the developer who wrote those queries realized that filtering by those fields (item type and item quality) was unnecessary, and so excluded those fields from the query, not realizing that doing so would taint the query results. Even if no criteria for the field are needed, the field must be included in the query for it to function correctly. The field can obviously still be omitted from the visible results viewed by the player in the search screen. Without being able to examine the queries in more detail (which obviously I am unable to do), I cannot be sure if this is the exact cause of the issue... but if it is not it is probably close enough to point the developer in the right direction. I hope this helps.

Also, regarding the patching issue...
    As I understand it, routing from your patch server has been a recent issue. It occurs to me that there may be a need for an additional proxy or 2 as an option for patching. Running the game through the new proxy(ies) might also help latency issues for some players, and kill 2 birds with 1 stone.
    Another option would be to release the full patches in executable format downloadable via your website. This could allow the use of mirrors to help distribute the load and help reduce the demand on your patch servers when each patch comes out. There could even be a link to the download page in each "patch notes" post. That would allow an alternative option for those unable to get the patch through the launcher.

Hope this helps.

**2nd edit: I don't want to be one of those who complains when things are broken and silent when they work... so in that spirit, I want to acknowledge that for the past 2 weeks, I am no longer experiencing login/patch issues. Whatever you devs are doing, keep it up! It seems to be working :)
  • Options
    nithanathnithanath Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    nithanath wrote: »
    • Tholian Red Alert (!!!)

I finally found all three Tholian ships for the accolade. After monts of frustration and empty Tholian Red Alerts. At least i can scratch this one from my personal list. I swear I will never click on a Red Alert-button again.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    tsurutafan01tsurutafan01 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    It's not really a bug, just an oversight, but you know what dumb little nitpicky thing bugs me?

If you have a pet and beam out, the pet doesn't beam out with you. It just stands there. All alone.

"We are smart." - Grebnedlog

Member of Alliance Central Command/boq botlhra'ghom
  • Options
    ussberlinussberlin Member Posts: 306 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Romulan NPC Ships sometimes shoot there Torps at their fleetmates or them salves

sometimes there torps fly some meters and then stop and fly back to the npc ship that shoot it
    18 Cpt on the way to 60: 14 of them are already 50 or over 50, one is 60 and 3 almost 43
    Subscribed For: 4 years 5 months 20 days at 26.10.2014
  • Options
    spacekillersspacekillers Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    since this last patch, all of my timers, and i mean ALL (ground or space) will get a 2 min cool down. during that time all i can do is fly around. can not do anything because all of the timers are on a cool down. What is up with this. :mad:
  • Options
    phostrelaphostrela Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Forgive me if I missed these additional bugs I'm going to add to your list. I didnt read thru some of the responses because of their TLDR value. Ofc, I read the OP.
    • Fed quads can equip on fighters, KDF cannot.
    • Human bridge officer for the KDF cannot be modified at all. Stuck as a generic ugo.
  • Options
    sergej2807sergej2807 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    :mad:Another slight instability starting to bug me this morning! I'm hardly able to log onto my characters. And the slightest map changing seems to be an adventure which finally causes the server to throw me out really really annoying. So my suggestion to the devs: BEFORE ADDING ANYTHING NEW FIX ANY KNOWN AND EMPIRICALLY LISTED BUGS IN HERE!
  • Options
    gabytrekgabytrek Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    phostrela wrote: »
    Forgive me if I missed these additional bugs I'm going to add to your list. I didnt read thru some of the responses because of their TLDR value. Ofc, I read the OP.
    • Fed quads can equip on fighters, KDF cannot.
    • Human bridge officer for the KDF cannot be modified at all. Stuck as a generic ugo.

I've been getting this too. Not sure what is causing it. It doesn't always happen, but it seems to happen more often when I use Engineering Team I at the same time as any tactical ability is active.
    @GabyBee
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    bulabajonesbulabajones Member Posts: 73 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I don't use engineering team so I haven't had a problem with the 2 minute cooldown bug, but I have had problems with my abilities in general. Often, my hazard emitter/polarize hull will gray out during combat. I haven't used them, they simply gray out and I am prohibited from using them. It's strange and I'm not sure why this happens. I doubt Cryptic gives a **** but maybe other people have the same problem too.

Also, I've noticed some of my cannon abilities get added cooldowns, in some cases a total of 1 minute or 45 seconds needed for them to recharge. That's not normal but I've seen it happen on my ships lately.
    Patching 11 files, 0 KB/s
    SERVER NOT RESPONDING (362.32s)
    Patching 87 files, 160.08 KB/s

victorginsocv2_zpsjqzbzllh.png

• Options
    tazurensavulentazurensavulen Member Posts: 1,204 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    ussberlin wrote: »
    Romulan NPC Ships sometimes shoot there Torps at their fleetmates or them slaves

sometimes there torps fly some meters and then stop and fly back to the npc shipd that shoot it

Oh please keep this bug! I love it. It's so funny two watch Rommie Warbirds commit suicide with their own weapons.
    signature_for_kerbal_space_program_by_lord_inu_hanyou-dbhp8de.png
    [06/16 11:51] [Combat (Self)] Your Advanced Dual Heavy Radiant Antiproton Cannons - Hypercharge deals 237970 (113626) Antiproton Damage(Critical) to Tactical Cube.
    AHAHAHA! Eat it Borg!
    [09/15 11:01] [Combat (Self)] You lose 12187085 Cold Damage from Death.
    Death is OP, please nerf. I BLAME KURLAND FOR THIS!
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    Well yet another patch about "foundriesfoundriesfoundries" and yes, the BoFF equiping problem and 2min CD are getting fixed. DUE TO OVERWHELMING OUTCRY. Still waiting for my shields to not show shuttle stats though since there will never be outcry about a bug most players don't even know exists. *sigh*
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    oldkirkfanoldkirkfan Member Posts: 1,263 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    The exchange bug has to be the worst.
  • Options
    ladydragonfuryladydragonfury Member Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Seeing as they're patching again this morning, let me add some more.

-Fed Azura Mission not doing the Tac optional (put a separate thread with more details)

-Changing characters from Fed to KDF or back again makes the clickable Fleet option under the chat box disappear on both sides. I can still see the Fleet chat and take part if I type /Fleet though. It's resolved by logging out of the game entirely and then back in, but it's still annoying and has happened to both myself and a Fleetmate many times.

-Trying to beam down to Qp'noS: First City often makes me beam to the Shipyards instead, likewise trying to beam to the Shipyards often lands me in the First City. This happens even if I fly my ship over to the Shipard starbase. One time I had to click 'Beam to First City four times before it actually beamed me over there. Four! I just kept reappearing on the Shipyard transporter pad. This is even more annoying than the Fleet tabs completely disappearing. Where my character ends up seems to be nothing more than random chance :S (also someone told me 'everyone knows about it, but nobody reports it.... seems kind of strange to me)

-EDIT: Just been reminded of this one, the Exchange terminals and Bank terminals in the KDF Exchange area on Qo'noS,the larger ones, have a tiny little are that you can actually interact with. Nowehere else I've been has this problem...

At least they got rid of the 2 minute universal cooldown, now I can actually use my cruiser heal boat.
    I am NEVER calling my avatars 'toons'.
    Some people buy Tier V ships and expect to automatically win. Other people buy Tier V ships and are Tier V pilots
  • Options
    tazurensavulentazurensavulen Member Posts: 1,204 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    -Trying to beam down to Qp'noS: First City often makes me beam to the Shipyards instead, likewise trying to beam to the Shipyards often lands me in the First City. This happens even if I fly my ship over to the Shipard starbase. One time I had to click 'Beam to First City four times before it actually beamed me over there. Four! I just kept reappearing on the Shipyard transporter pad. This is even more annoying than the Fleet tabs completely disappearing. Where my character ends up seems to be nothing more than random chance :S (also someone told me 'everyone knows about it, but nobody reports it.... seems kind of strange to me)

I once flew to the planet, clicked Beam to first City, and spawned at the Academy. Don't know HOW that happened.

Also, you might want to add the entirety of the Defera Invasion Zone to the list. Horribly bugged on ALL missions.
    signature_for_kerbal_space_program_by_lord_inu_hanyou-dbhp8de.png
    [06/16 11:51] [Combat (Self)] Your Advanced Dual Heavy Radiant Antiproton Cannons - Hypercharge deals 237970 (113626) Antiproton Damage(Critical) to Tactical Cube.
    AHAHAHA! Eat it Borg!
    [09/15 11:01] [Combat (Self)] You lose 12187085 Cold Damage from Death.
    Death is OP, please nerf. I BLAME KURLAND FOR THIS!
  • Options
    tyraneityranei Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Opening the window to repair damages to the ship causes your active shuttle to be pre-selected. This is particularly annoying due to the wasted time of selecting the correct ship.
    This bug also exists when attempting to cure Bridge Officers. It always preselects your character.
    fixplease_zps27bc2e40.jpg
  • Options
    pegasus1996pegasus1996 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I'll add one. My main toon lost the transwarp to fleet buff. I can no longer go to our fleet starbase. Can't go there manually, relogging doesn't help, and leaving fleet and being reinvited doesn't reset it either. I can view the fleet screen and all tabs just fine and even contribute to projects but I can't go to the base anymore.
  • Options
    jamesdaxjamesdax Member Posts: 159 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    How about getting some old bugs fixed?

1. The shield regeneration rate doesn't show up any other shield type but regenerative shields. Other shield types have shield regen so why can't we see it?

2. When the saucer from the Galaxy, the saucer or escort from the Odyssey, or the support ship from the D'Kyr separate they go back to their default color/skin rather then keep the color/skin their mother ship is using. PLEASE FIX THIS!!

3. When using a new skin on the D'Kyr the ring stays on the default skin.
  • Options
    alien564alien564 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    This is probably not the correct place to post this, but I can only 'reply'.

There seems to be a long standing issue with people not being able to get past the CRYPTIC loading page, the progress bar moves like 1/4 inch before just exiting and popping up the crypticerror reporter. All attempts to turn off firewallls, virus scanners, use admin rights, verify the download etc. are unsuccessful.

I've found that if one has STEAM installed, that steam installs libcef.dll in the steam/bin folder. llibcef.dll is the chromiumembeddedframework, which appears to be an optional component of STO.

if steam is not installed, CEF is not found, STO works.
    if steam is installled, STO tries loading CEF, that fails, and the get the above symptoms.

simply copying the libcef from STEAM\BIN into the STAR TREK ONLINE\LIVE folder makes STO work, because now it can load it from its current directory (ie. where the game client resides).

live long and prosper
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?p=8477581#post8477581

Will show why they ignore bugs and release new stuff. 90% of people get blinded by the "new" issues, the old ones get forgotten. Accidental convenience or deliberate ploy? Personally I haven't seen more than 1 or 2 actual game "improvements" since I started playing mid S6. I have however seen oodles of ships released, rep system, & constant Foundry policing. Pretty much just things to make the game more complicated or harder. After all, a new ship is just a modified visual with slightly varied specs, and some bobo console that may or may not even be impressive that OFC needs a new ship slot to sit parked in after the first week. Without the game actually being improved occasionally, new stuff actually makes it WORSE via more complications. It seems the game has taken an instant PWE profit or not important turn and that's bad.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]