test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Server Go Boom? (Resolved)

124»

Comments

• lewstelamon01lewstelamon01 Member Posts: 924 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    It would seem that the hamsters that kept our game alive have finally quit and as a result, the
    n game chat as well as exchange gone pop. Hooray!

I hereby propose that a small memorial be placed in ESD and on Q'onos, to commemorate our fallen friends who so nobly gave their lives, inside those wheels that kept our beloved game running.

EDIT

as of 2339 hrs GMT the chat & exchange are back up. What on earth is going on?

Breeding new hamsters is easy--they only gestate 16 days and can get pregnant again immediately. So they probably have a few stored away in the back. :D

ROLL TIDE ROLL
  • kriss257kriss257 Member Posts: 116 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    At least I was planning to quit for today :o
    I can go to sleep 30 minuts earlier:D

/edit
    and thank god its not a problem on my side
    10Chars and I play them ALL.

76561198045166665.png
  • bmazbmaz Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I have the same error on all 7 of my characters, not happy at all. I think they might have a problem from the new update.
  • tsurutafan01tsurutafan01 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Oh that Q. Always up to mischief.

"We are smart." - Grebnedlog

Member of Alliance Central Command/boq botlhra'ghom
  • markarichmarkarich Member Posts: 55 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    velqua wrote: »
    I was in Assimilation and could not leave in the end because of a map error. What's wrong?

As someone said previously, it probably does have something to do with the red "testing" message at the top of the forum. I guess we have to just "stand by" while the devs "implement a resolution"
  • wolfpacknzwolfpacknz Member Posts: 783 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    olivia211 wrote: »
    The server is there. I know because I am still on. It's kinda nice not having ESD chat going nuts lol.

Or Nuts in ESD Chatting :P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ***Disenchanted***
    Real Join Date: Monday, 17 May 2010
  • martok16martok16 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    markarich wrote: »
    Error message:
    Couldn't get map names from map manager

Anyone else??

Same here, it's been an on going bug for over a year, IMO, if they can't fix it, then the server should be shut down, until it's fixed.

I can't even get to sector space anymore, because of "Could not get map names from map manager".

I Enjoy this game, but if there's going to be constant bugs and game server disconnects because of timeouts connecting to game server, the time will come to forget about the game, uninstall it, and move on, and maybe play WoW instead.
  • smurfyyzsmurfyyz Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Its Working now
  • markarichmarkarich Member Posts: 55 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I just created it 10 minutes ago.
  • mrgrocer56mrgrocer56 Member Posts: 370 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    After a computer reboot, I am back in
  • murderdoll4217murderdoll4217 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    wouldnt mind giving up all of my latinum for a full fix, of the launcher and the maps.

i do have a way around the launcher but the maps wont let me log in any more..... stupid Klingon going back in time to TRIBBLE stuff up.
  • deyvaddeyvad Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I posted in another thread and it is now closed. :(

I downloaded the new launcher and was able to log in without the map manager error message.
    http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=7359681&postcount=1

Your mileage may vary.
    Good luck.
  • tsurutafan01tsurutafan01 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    smurfyyz wrote: »
    Its Working now

I just got in too.

"We are smart." - Grebnedlog

Member of Alliance Central Command/boq botlhra'ghom
  • carthaincarthain Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Working in IT infrastructure I can tell you its common to have external issues take down your apps/sites... probably not even a crypitic/pwo issue. If its an external routing/peering issue it just is what it is unless you change providers...
  • timpettitimpetti Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    i have same problem i cant beam out for raveh 2 mission and i cant even enter klingons capital in qo'nos
  • lewstelamon01lewstelamon01 Member Posts: 924 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I'm in. Yay.

ROLL TIDE ROLL
  • jcswwjcsww Member Posts: 6,818 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    There's a red message at the top of the forums that states the following:

Hello Captain! Please read this new notice, which is different from yesterday.

We are working with our external routing provider to run a few tests on the launcher so we can try to determine the cause for the outage yesterday -- this may cause some players to have an issue appear with the launcher, but please stand by. We hope to complete our testing ASAP -- it is our top priority. These tests will help us in implementing a resolution so we can avoid the issue from yesterday in the future. Again, not all players are affected, but if you are, please read this post.

Thanks you and we hope to have you back in-game ASAP.

- The Star Trek Online Community Team

So... You got purposely kicked due to stupid decision to do testing during prime time! The servers didn't crash. :P
  • wolfpacknzwolfpacknz Member Posts: 783 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Yup back in
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ***Disenchanted***
    Real Join Date: Monday, 17 May 2010
  • pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
    edited January 2013
    We're back up, including the launcher :) If you are still having an issue with the launcher, please post here: http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=241232

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
This discussion has been closed.