test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Purchased Zen through PayPal, not showing up in wallet

megacharge07megacharge07 Member Posts: 476 Arc User
I purchased some Zen about an hour ago to buy some Master keys before the sale ends at 10am Eastern, and what has always been an instant transaction is now suspiciously not showing up in my wallet, coincidentally the key sale ends in 2 hours..

I can't even see the status of my purchase, when I checked on the payments made, everything is clear on my end, and reported as the transaction being complete, but it's not being reflected here... I need this to go through before the key sale ends.
tumblr_mt0cmzAQpC1rm3hhlo2_500.gif
Post edited by megacharge07 on

Comments

• Options
    rotorblade573rotorblade573 Member Posts: 88 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I had the same issue. Purchased some ZEN through PayPal this AM with the intention of purchasing some C-Store Master Key 10-Packs before the sale ended.

PayPal has confirmed that PW was paid but the transaction is not showing in my PW account, MyWallet.

So, with no ZEN I was unable to purchase the Master Key 10-Packs at the discounted price.

I hope PW/Cryptic does right by us and gives us the opportunity to purchase the Master Key 10-Packs at the discounted price (956 Zen) for an additional 4 hours after the most recent patch to make up for their payment account system being down.
  • Options
    pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
    edited January 2013
    The billing team is investigating an issue that may be present with payments made through PayPal. If you do not receive your ZEN shortly, please file a billing ticket at support.perfectworld.com, or email customerservice@perfectworld.com with "BILLING" in the subject, so the billing team can further assist.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
  • Options
    rotorblade573rotorblade573 Member Posts: 88 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    This is what they told me...

Your question has been received. You should expect a response from us within 3-4 business days.

ZEN Not Showing in PW Account [Incident: 130128-000XXX] :D
  • Options
    helixsunbringerhelixsunbringer Member Posts: 249 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Branflakes, for those of us who have already filed a Billing Ticket, can we get an ETA on the time frame that a fix will occur?

Your question has been received. You should expect a response from us within 3-4 business days.

That is an automated response. All tickets receive that response regardless of the topic of the ticket. Sometimes the actual response is quicker than 3 days, sometimes it is longer than 4 days. Hence why I am asking for an ETA.
  • Options
    edited January 2013

Yep, I got the same message.

I bought that Zen specifically to spend on they key sale. I am expecting Cryptic/PWE to work something out for us regarding the key sale price.
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    Yep, I got the same message.

I bought that Zen specifically to spend on they key sale. I am expecting Cryptic/PWE to work something out for us regarding the key sale price.

I doubt that they will. All you can do is hope that the issue resolves itself before the sale ends.
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    I doubt that they will. All you can do is hope that the issue resolves itself before the sale ends.

Well if they don't I will be asking for a refund, and if it's denied I'll just do a charge back. It's not the end of the world, I'll just have to do without the keys. Their loss really, not mine.
  • Options
    alaskantruckeralaskantrucker Member Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    i have had same problem this mornin. i tried to get zen this am and it is not showing up in my wallet. not even under review. i have filled out a ticket plus attached a screenshot of the paypal email showing the transaction.
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    i was trying to do my purchase for keys b4 sale ended as well. if they dont want to honor the sale price for keys then i will file for a refund.
  • Options
    kintishokintisho Member Posts: 1,040 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Ok so I have my paypal receipt email for payment to cryptic/pwe.. no zen or anything in my waller.. I rarely spend cash on this game anymore and if its gonna delay when I do, I might not EVER spend ay more, Ive supported this community since launch and the technical issues only seem to get worse, WTF PWE like money money money, so you guys really need to step it up or you will lose this precious income. Truly frustrated about this.
  • Options
    mcconnamcconna Member Posts: 255 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    EDIT: Replied to a thread posted in a different forum before it was moved into this one, disregard my suggestion as it seems to be a issue among others. lol
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    yea wanted to get keys while they were a little more affordable.. so much for that. thanks PWE.. give it back to Cryptic they ran thing better.
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    iv got the same too seems this is a paypal problem, someone needs to police paypal they get away with robbing people all the time and nothing is ever done about it

It's not a paypal issue, I've called them on the phone to confirm and it's even in their database that the money has been sent to PWE, it's just not being updated on this side. I always pay with paypal and never have a problem. It's just today, conveniently just before the key sale ends there is a "problem".
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    funny not a single dev response.. they wont even try to make us feel like we are appreciated.. way to go PWE, DEVs etc. not so much on the customer service.
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    it is all over the net today about paypals new system and what effects its having some people have had there payments take 8 to 10 times for 1 item but it still not being shows as paid on the sellers end, 1 guy bought an apple mac book pro 1200 pounds from apple retail and paypal took the payment 7 times

So you're telling me that this new system just started today, at 7am?

Because Paypal was just fine yesterday and last night when I bought 500 Zen.

Edit: I just read some stuff about it online. Not sure what to do, I've already made these purchases according to Paypal, I would just go through Skrill right now if I could be assured those other transactions can be canceled.
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    it is all over the net today about paypals new system and what effects its having, some people have had there payments take 8 to 10 times for 1 item but it still not being shows as paid on the sellers end, 1 guy bought an apple mac book pro 1200 pounds from apple retail and paypal took the payment 7 times, its a mess up in paypals security its flagging almost all payments as high risk so is withholding everyones cash seems this is the excuse paypal are using to sit on your cash for a few days and get an even fatter bank account on your time and money

oh thats y i have a double take out of my bank.
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    Well we missed the damn sale, im pretty pissed right now.
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    from the sounds of things this really is PayPal's fault. I have also spoken with the Billing Department within Perfect World Entertainment and there is nothing that they can do with regards to the fact that we didn't get our Master Keys during the sale because of this problem. The only thing that can be done is for us to hope that Cryptic Studio's is nice and gives us an additional sale. Unfortunately that is extremely unlikely at this point.

I just hope this issue is resolved soon and that the issue doesn't repeat itself on my birthday in 9 days because I really want to use my Birthday money on one of the Perfect World Entertainment games...

While I am at it, I hope the issue with the not being able to log in is resolved soon as well because I would definitely like to be able to log into this game after class tonight.
  • Options
    seralynnseralynn Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    hey guys,

we're really sorry about this problem - we've even temporarily removed PayPal as a payment option from our website until everything is taken care of.

the payments you made between midnight and now were successful, but they aren't being communicated to PWE from PayPal. as a couple of you have mentioned, this isn't specific to PWE and PayPal is understandably overwhelmed with the issue.

if you contact PayPal directly, they are going to say that the payments were successful. because that's the truth; the payments were successful. the payments just aren't reaching us (or any other vendor) with any reliability.

we can't give an ETA when this will be fixed, because it all depends on PayPal. once they do fix it, the payments should all award ZEN.

if you missed a sale or don't want the ZEN at that point, please feel free to let us know and we'll issue refunds. we don't want to issue refunds until everything is fixed, however, because we don't want there to be any extra problems or crossed signals.

thanks for being patient and understanding, and hopefully this will be all taken care of soon.
  • Options
    pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
    edited January 2013
    seralynn wrote: »
    hey guys,

we're really sorry about this problem - we've even temporarily removed PayPal as a payment option from our website until everything is taken care of.

the payments you made between midnight and now were successful, but they aren't being communicated to PWE from PayPal. as a couple of you have mentioned, this isn't specific to PWE and PayPal is understandably overwhelmed with the issue.

if you contact PayPal directly, they are going to say that the payments were successful. because that's the truth; the payments were successful. the payments just aren't reaching us (or any other vendor) with any reliability.

we can't give an ETA when this will be fixed, because it all depends on PayPal. once they do fix it, the payments should all award ZEN.

if you missed a sale or don't want the ZEN at that point, please feel free to let us know and we'll issue refunds. we don't want to issue refunds until everything is fixed, however, because we don't want there to be any extra problems or crossed signals.

thanks for being patient and understanding, and hopefully this will be all taken care of soon.

Thanks for the update, seralynn :)

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    hey guys,

Phew, really glad to hear this. You put my mind at ease, thanks for taking the time to give this some attention, and make it right.
  • Options
    historiphilehistoriphile Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I was going to buy Zen points, but PayPal is not currently on the list of options as far as I can see.

What gives?
  • Options
    darkjeffdarkjeff Member Posts: 2,590 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Someone posted a dispute where they bought Zen with PayPal but it wasn't credited to them. PWE blamed PayPal, and PayPal said PWE already took the money and is scamming.

The business relationship may have broken down with PWE being marked as scammers by PayPal.
  • Options
    caberwikijackcaberwikijack Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    hey guys,

Glad to hear that you're hard at work at fixing this problem. I for one was one of the many purchasing Zen for a few last-minute discounted Keys, and I'm glad that PWE will be providing compensation.
  • Options
    darkjeffdarkjeff Member Posts: 2,590 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Actually, here's an official response from PWE billing:
    hey guys,

• Options
    edited January 2013
    cool minds set at ease.
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    darkjeff wrote: »
    Someone posted a dispute where they bought Zen with PayPal but it wasn't credited to them. PWE blamed PayPal, and PayPal said PWE already took the money and is scamming.

The business relationship may have broken down with PWE being marked as scammers by PayPal.

I hope that this isn't actually true, because if it is, then that means that it is unlikely that those of us who are still waiting on our Zen are actually likely to get that Zen due to PayPal having marked PWE as scammers. It also means future attempts to purchase Zen using PayPal will be unsuccessful.

So I would appreciate it if someone from Billing could clarify, is it true that PayPal has marked PWE as scammers? And if so, is it thus likely that those of us who purchased Zen using PayPal in the last 24 hours are ever going to see our Zen?