test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

C-Store Melee Weapons Pack Sucks... Do not buy!

nyarlathotep75nyarlathotep75 Member Posts: 30 Arc User
So I bought the Melee Weapons Pack for my Klingon, because it advertised... I quote:
"When Kahless the Unforgettable created the first bat'leth, he forged the blade in the fires of the Kri'stak volcano. For hundreds of years, blade masters from the Kri'stak region have created some of the finest bat'leths in the Empire in his honor.

The Kri'stak Blade is an uncommon bat'leth that increases in effectiveness as you level and has a small bonus to critical severity and damage"

That is directly from the C-Store description. I knew what I was buying, with my real USD Dollars. I knew it was an "uncommon" weapon as well.

Since however I was paying real money for this weapon, I expected this Blade to at least be on par with the Shard Sword of Kahless that you get as a quest reward during the Fek'Ihrii missions; or at the very least be as good as if not better then the common "rare" quality Bat'Leths that you can purchase in the Exchange...

Instead, I get a piece of junk that I'm never going to use because the "rare" quality MK X Bat'leth that I picked up on the Exhange for 5000 EC is a hundred times better then this c-store junk!

I'd be demanding a refund from PWE over this TRIBBLE if I thought it would be worth my time...

Don't ever buy the Melee Weapons Pack off the C-Store if you think you're going to get something that is actually going to benefit you in any way...

All it does is just look cool to wear...

For me, its now just useless junk taking up space in my bank...

By the way, the Lirpa that came with the pack is pretty sucky too... I've seen significantly better Lirpa's on the Exchange for less then 5000 EC...

Don't waste your money on this C-Store TRIBBLE until someone at PWE makes it something thats actually worth buying...

Kri'stak Blade -- CLICKIE
Klingon Bat'leth Mk X -- CLICKIE
Shard Sword of Kahless -- CLICKIE

Seriously PWE?

Why the heck would ANYONE, want to PAY you for a piece of junk like that Kri'stak Blade, when they can just get a much better weapon off the Exchange for less then 5000 EC or just go run through an easy quest to pick up a better one for free?

Come on PWE! Upgrade the stats on this Kri'stak Blade so its at least worth it!!

Either that, or give me my $5 back for the 500 Zen that I bought to get this piece of junk!
Post edited by nyarlathotep75 on

Comments

• nyarlathotep75nyarlathotep75 Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    By the way, those pictures were taken right off my Klingon who is currently Level 48...

I state this because I know the stats on the Shard Sword and the Kri'stak progress as you level up. So those stats are representative of a Level 48 character.
  • nyarlathotep75nyarlathotep75 Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Now Level 50...

I just picked up an Ultra Rare Bat'leth Mk XI from the Exchange for a mere 25K EC chump change I got, just from selling off some looted junk to a vendor, looted junk I just collected from a repeated Mission from the Federation Story Line for Klingons...

25,000 EC... and I have a new Bat'leth that puts my Kri'stak Blade to utter shame...

If I were one of the Klingon "blade masters" described in the C-Store description for this Kri'stak Blade, being one of its forgers and makers, then I would have long since committed suicide out of complete and utter disgrace for my total lack and failure to produce a blade worthy of any honorable Klingon Warrior out there!

I still want my $5 back from PWE for this disgrace of a Kri'stak Blade... either that or at the very least an apology admitting how dishonorable they were, selling such TRIBBLE to us Klingons!

If not even that, then at least I have the consolation of knowing that this thread now appears at the top of the page for a Google search of the term "Kri'stak Blade" ... so hopefully it will warn other prospective "buyers" away from wasting their money on this Melee Weapons Pack... at least until PWE puts something into it that is actually WORTH BUYING!

Truth be told, the Kri'stak Blade looks like it would only be useful for someone in the 1 - 20 level range. The only problem with that being that Klingon players don't go through that level range anymore! So don't waste your hard earned money on buying this Weapons Pack off the C-Store young Klingon Warriors! It would be a dishonor to your name and family, so instead save your Energy Credits and buy a cheap Bat'leth off the Exchange, that is ten times better!