test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Bug still exists.

tomin8rtomin8r Member Posts: 201 Arc User
edited February 2013 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
Since replying to a relevant thread that has been inactive past 30 days is considered, childishly, "necroposting", I have decided to create this thread.

This bug still exists, however, it is not limited to this map, but all maps. When you have a target locked on, die, and respawn, you are stuck on a flight trajectory towards the target until you disengage. This bug has existed for far too long. I am aware of the workaround, however, this should not be happening in the first place.

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=410301
Post edited by tomin8r on

Comments

• tomin8rtomin8r Member Posts: 201 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Still exists.
    edited January 2013
    Still exists. Still waiting for a fix.
    edited January 2013
    Waiting for this to get fixed, still.
    edited February 2013
    Still exists. This is ridiculous.
  • pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
    edited February 2013
    The team is aware of this issue and is working on a resolution. I don't have an ETA, though. As a workaround, if you de-target (hit [ESC]) upon respawn, you'll regain control.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
  • monkeybone13monkeybone13 Member Posts: 4,640 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    The team is aware of this issue and is working on a resolution. I don't have an ETA, though. As a workaround, if you de-target (hit [ESC]) upon respawn, you'll regain control.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

I'm curious. How long has the team been "aware of this issue"? Did you just find out about it now?

I started playing this game at the very beginning of October 2012 and this bug plagued me for a couple weeks. That is, until someone in the Vault Shuttle event told me the work around. Ever since I hit the ESC key until I get the game options window to pop up, every single time I respawn.

Must be a complicated bug to fix. I'm no computer programmer lol. It's nice to see you guys at Cryptic are trying to work on fixing old bugs that have been around for a long time. Little by little.

Thank you PWEBranflakes. :)
  • kagasenseikagasensei Member Posts: 526 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I'm curious. How long has the team been "aware of this issue"? Did you just find out about it now?

I started playing this game at the very beginning of October 2012 and this bug plagued me for a couple weeks. That is, until someone in the Vault Shuttle event told me the work around. Ever since I hit the ESC key until I get the game options window to pop up, every single time I respawn.

Must be a complicated bug to fix. I'm no computer programmer lol. It's nice to see you guys at Cryptic are trying to work on fixing old bugs that have been around for a long time. Little by little.

Thank you PWEBranflakes. :)

This is STO. Things go a little slower around here ;) This game was released 3 years ago, but I've encountered betas with less bugs. One of my favs is when people get sometimes kicked from a private queue when you are starting the match. That bug exists since... the introduction of private queues :D
    Wanna read more about loooong-standing bugs? Go visit the foundry-forums ;)
  • felderburgfelderburg Member Posts: 853 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    So *that's* what's been happening! I was wondering. It only happens to me on occasion. I usually am clicking around and selecting other targets, so I didn't realize holding the same one on death would cause that lock.