test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Any other ways to get [Strange Alien Artifact]

osirisraaosirisraa Member Posts: 13 Arc User
Is there any other way to get the Strange Alien Artifact besides Chridrens toys, Negotiate Additional Delivery of Rare Commodities assignments and buying one on the exchange?
Post edited by osirisraa on

Comments

• anazondaanazonda Member Posts: 8,399 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Nope...

Thoose are the only ways...

There were some in random Grab-bags recently, but I don't think that offer is still on.
    Don't look silly... Don't call it the "Z-Store/Zen Store"...
    Let me put the rumors to rest: it's definitely still the C-Store (Cryptic Store) It just takes ZEN.
    Like Duty Officers? Support effords to gather ideas
  • verlaine11verlaine11 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    A secondary track for getting Strange Alien Artifacts is through the various artifact hunting assignments, including "Recover Artifacts from...", "Collect Artifacts from...", "Salvage Artifacts from...", "Study Ruins on..." Very occasionally, critical success in these missions can result in a Strange Alien Artifact
  • ericsonxxericsonxx Member Posts: 253 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    He's right, on occasion certain science gathering Doff missions sometimes give one on a crit. Nice way to score a good 500k+, I have no faith in being able to make a console so I just sell the artifacts.
  • tc10btc10b Member Posts: 1,549 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I think you can get them from Duty Officer packs as well. Not sure if that's still running.

I get these power them up and put them on the exchange. Don't see the point in doing the DOFF mission and risking my profit margins. I don't care what the rules of acquisition say...
    edited January 2013
    tc10b wrote: »
    I think you can get them from Duty Officer packs as well. Not sure if that's still running.

I get these power them up and put them on the exchange. Don't see the point in doing the DOFF mission and risking my profit margins. I don't care what the rules of acquisition say...

I have 8 characters and i power them up from the NADORC assignment and then flog the powered ones, its so random i n what you get , most of the time you make a loss

I do the Dil mining event on 4 of them - when suitable - everyday alternating so i get 2 runs each character in the hour by doing the mission back to back and i can get around 60 rare traces each hourly run - i use the Rare Astrometrics Doffs which give a 60% chance to get more traces (best 200k per character i have spent for a while lol)
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,236 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    verlaine11 wrote: »
    A secondary track for getting Strange Alien Artifacts is through the various artifact hunting assignments, including "Recover Artifacts from...", "Collect Artifacts from...", "Salvage Artifacts from...", "Study Ruins on..." Very occasionally, critical success in these missions can result in a Strange Alien Artifact
    It's also worth mentioning that these can give you the rare traces needed to power the artifact.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
    edited January 2013
    It's also worth mentioning that these can give you the rare traces needed to power the artifact.

Also the Scanning missions give the traces on a crit - you can easily get 20%+ chance, just do a lil tour around and pick up bucket loads - great for doing the Science section xp - some as quick as 30-45minutes
  • crusader2007crusader2007 Member Posts: 1,883 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I do the Dil mining event on 4 of them - when suitable - everyday alternating so i get 2 runs each character in the hour by doing the mission back to back and i can get around 60 rare traces each hourly run - i use the Rare Astrometrics Doffs which give a 60% chance to get more traces (best 200k per character i have spent for a while lol)

Didnt know the dilithium mines give anything but dilithium? You get traces as well? Havent done this for a while but there must have been changes since all they give at first was just ore dil
    DUwNP.gif

edited January 2013
    Didnt know the dilithium mines give anything but dilithium? You get traces as well? Havent done this for a while but there must have been changes since all they give at first was just ore dil

If you get

735 points you get 200dil (300 during the event)
    775 points you get 200dil and 1 rare trace and a couple of common ones) (300dil during the event)

thats per node, i just got 12,000 dil and 63 rare traces just then by doing the mining event which just finished doing the event on 4 characters twice using the new Astrometrics Scientist (the rare +60% one)
  • aelfwin1aelfwin1 Member Posts: 2,896 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    just finished doing the event on 4 characters twice using the new Astrometrics Scientist (the rare +60% one)

I thought those reduced the cooldown on Transwarp ability .
    Is this something else ?
    edited January 2013
    aelfwin1 wrote: »
    I thought those reduced the cooldown on Transwarp ability .
    Is this something else ?

They come from the Fleet Support Duty Officer Pack

http://www.stowiki.org/Fleet_Support_Duty_Officer_Pack

"Astrometrics Scientist: When you find a rare Particle trace you have a chance to gain an additional rare Particle trace"

They were introduced in November, the white ones have 20% chance on getting another rare particle going up to 80% on the purples - but they are in the millions but my blues i got were 170-220k each

EDIT - Wow the price on the Blues have gone up a lot, now 1.4mil+ since i got mine a couple of weeks ago