test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Bug with cutting the chord:defeating hakeev

tomtombeatertomtombeater Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited April 2014 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
after going through the ground portion of cutting the chord, i've finally arrived at the point where you fight hakeev. after several attempts to kill him, i finally managed to get him to zero health. the only problem is he isn't dying.attacks and burning still affects him, but both his shield and life bar are empty and damage numbers aren't appearing over hishead. the reman group has been wailing in him for about 25 minutes now with no change. also, he isn't fighting back
Post edited by tomtombeater on

Comments

• tomtombeatertomtombeater Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    update: i restarted the mission, and now the same thing is happening to the centurions. however, they are regenerating health, and can move around and attack. also, when i attack them, words like flank and critical appear over their head as normal, but no numbers

after being mauled by them and re spawning. they're ignoring me entirely. even if i shoot them or knock them down, they just stand there
  • iceeaglexiceeaglex Member Posts: 375 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Same here. He just stands there.
    Tried restarting, get him down to 0 health, and he won't die. Mission wont continue.

Seriously, i've done this mission too many times trying to get it to work. Do i now get 5 reman boffs because of this bug?
  • clcopelandclcopeland Member Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I've been shooting a dead Hakeev for minutes now, he has no health, no shields. This is now the third time this has happened.
  • f0ehameringf0ehamering Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I submitted a ticket on my lvl50 Star Fleet Science Vice Admiral about this. I was told to come here. :rolleyes: Same thing has happened to me twice now, I defeat Hakeev, after dyeing several times, but he just stands there, empty health and shield bars, no weapon or action I can think to take on either him or his surroundings has any effect.

I did notice that although his bars where empty, his target icon still listed him with like 903/903 HP in grey, unchanging no matter how many times he was shot. He still would take debuffs and react to being shot, but otherwise ignored me, though I was his target. If I walked far enough away he would drop me as his target and just idle, the first time I did that there were support guards shooting him continually and when I returned the guards had reset just out of sight of Hakeev so they were no longer shooting just idling.

Only walkthroughs I can find so far just list the objectives as they appear in game, no help there.

I am pretty sure I'm doing the mission right, I did it no problem on my Romulan lvl50 character, that's why I even care at all about getting this one done, I want those killer tractor beam mines man!

So,... in conclusion if Perfect World would be interested in buying me off, my price would be one tractor beam mine for my Starfleet admiral... ;)
  • edgecrysgeredgecrysger Member Posts: 2,740 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    LOL. I knew there was a reason i had skipped this mission in my mission logs. And it was 2 months ago.

So, this mission is bugged since then, i believe (or before that).
    edited April 2014
    Will I still get the reward if I skip the mission and then try it again? I will right? Maybe I will try that. After a few more attempts at this spawn point maybe, sheesh.
  • drowrulesupremedrowrulesupreme Member Posts: 692 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    The bug, I have noticed, seems to happen because Hakeev cannot get to a "waypoint" to start the next stage of dialogue and combat... he gets stuck in scenery at one side of the plaza or another (probably blown there by grenades or "lunged" there by a security officer/Reman). If he gets stuck and you can disengage all combat from him (security officers run out and no-one is shooting him/stabbing him) he MAY (and I stress MAY) move to the correct point on his own. I have had this happen ONCE so it IS possible.
    However, as this bug seems to be now in its 3rd or 4th month of existence and just isn't being fixed/going away, the only option I've found is to abandon the mission and drop it so you can pick it up again and run it through again. If you picked up an accolade (like Grounded, for killing the scorpion fighter in the air) you should still have it and just do the mission again, like it was a rerun only not.
    "...we are far more united and have far more in common with each other than the things that divide us.”
    Jo Cox 22.6.1974 - 16.6.2016

edited April 2014
    Awesome. It worked. I was able to kill Hakeev without him getting pushed into the rubble to the left and right of his start position, and the cut scene was triggered when I got his hp bar down.

So, Just make sure to kill Hakeev without calling for support, and don't use anything that will knock him very far, and it should keep the bug from appearing. I died a bunch doing it but, at least I got my stupid tractor beam mines lol.