test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

TRIBBLE Maintenance and Release Notes - January 10, 2013

Comments

• psycoticvulcanpsycoticvulcan Member Posts: 4,160 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Can you guys please fix the "no music until combat" bug in the foundry? Some missions dont have combat at the beginning, or even have any at all, and it is super lame running around in complete silence. Music adds a ton of atmosphere to a mission, and not having any feels very bland.

Personally, I'd rather we had the option to choose what music plays during which maps. I was playing ajstoner's "The Far Wanderer" the other day, and the lack of music did wonders for making the map feel mysterious.

Tholian mobs...yay! Are we getting them as NPC contacts too, or just mobs?
    NJ9oXSO.png
    "Critics who say that the optimistic utopia Star Trek depicted is now outmoded forget the cultural context that gave birth to it: Star Trek was not a manifestation of optimism when optimism was easy. Star Trek declared a hope for a future that nobody stuck in the present could believe in. For all our struggles today, we haven’t outgrown the need for stories like Star Trek. We need tales of optimism, of heroes, of courage and goodness now as much as we’ve ever needed them."
    -Thomas Marrone
  • deusemperordeusemperor Member Posts: 136 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    [6:17] [REDALERT] Bort the Dev@BorticusCryptic: The Rom Boff Traits are broken due to a tech issue that needs fixing. Our Software team is very busy, but it's definitely on their radar to repair.

Asked this just now and got the dev reply so its in the list to get fixed just not soon it seems. At least they plan to fix it. :D
  • theparanoidtheparanoid Member Posts: 94 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    No fix for the missing Omega rep outfit unlocks we grind for? Wow. GUess I be staying away for sto longer.
  • cptskeeterukcptskeeteruk Member Posts: 559 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Maybe cryptic could publish what is the requirements to have it qualify?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • denizenvidenizenvi Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013

Hehe, I'm sure these are intentionally secret so they can't be easily exploited. Frustrating if you don't know why your legit mission isn't qualifying yet, though.
    Take a look at my Foundry missions!

Conjoined
    , Re-emergence, and . . .

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • darkstarkiriandarkstarkirian Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2013

This^
    If you tell the authors what the requirements are, so they can make missions that count.
    That will encourage people to play them since they know there is an actuall reward at the end.
    [SIGPIC]Handle: @kirian_darkstar
    Fleets: Warriors of the Phoenix, Kirian Industries[/SIGPIC]
    Three years and still no Captain Klaa hair...
  • zahinderzahinder Member Posts: 2,382 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Average length of mission is not the only factor used in determining whether a mission qualifies. :)

I understand that it's important not to outline hard rules about what qualifies lest people game the system, but do you realize how demoralizing it is to spend days or weeks putting together a mission, beg/borrow/steal people to play the thing, and have it languish in 'NOT ELIGIBLE' oblivion with absolutely no idea what you can do to change things?

My first mission finally qualified sometime in the last day. But for a week it was sitting at 12-16 plays, 30-60 minute playtime (if the search is at all accurate), and it wasn't eligible. No idea whether it would just take time to process, or if I had done something wrong, or ... ...

My second mission doesn't qualify, which I assume is due to only 4 plays. I guess?
    Campaign: The Fenwick Cycle NWS-DKR9GB7KH

Wicks and Things: NW-DI4FMZRR4 : The Fenwick merchant family has lost a caravan! Can you help?

Beggar's Hollow: NW-DR6YG4J2L : Someone, or something, has stolen away many of the Fenwicks' children! Can you find out what happened to them?

Into the Fen Wood: NW-DL89DRG7B : Enter the heart of the forest. Can you discover the secret of the Fen Wood?
  • argent007argent007 Member Posts: 220 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    [*]The Omega Plasma Torpedo Launcher no longer triggers the cooldown reduction procs of Projectile Weapons Duty Officers.

[*]Tricobalt Mines updated:
    • The damage dealt by Tricobalt Mine Explosions have been reduced by 10% across-the-board.
    • The damage variance of Tricobalt Mine Explosions has been reduced from 20% to 5%.
      • This will lead to more predictable damage - fewer highs, fewer lows.
    • The stealth value on Tricobalt Mines has been reduced by approximately 25%.
      • This should allow them to be seen from about 1k further than previous.

if i may ask....why make these changes? i agree the tricobalt damage cone should be reduced, but why cut back the damage too?

and the omega torp, why cut the projectile duty officer proc compatibility from it?
    easier would be to just set the torpedo as unaffected by the proc itself
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • tmichctmichc Member Posts: 164 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    argent007 wrote: »
    if i may ask....why make these changes? i agree the tricobalt damage cone should be reduced, but why cut back the damage too?

and the omega torp, why cut the projectile duty officer proc compatibility from it?
    easier would be to just set the torpedo as unaffected by the proc itself

I'm guessing here, but I think it was due to the wide variance and somewhat silly numbers that were being produced in PvP, where the high damage and rather insane critical hits were affecting all mines. In other terms; anyone hit by more than a couple was dead, or very nearly so. It made for very broken and boring gameplay, as 'tric bombers' were becoming the standard loadout for those looking to kill people without it requiring too much pilot skill, particularly when mines were critting for 40k+ per mine.

Tim
  • kirksplatkirksplat Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    A toy car is cool. But I would really appreciate having a floor, or a ceiling, or a transporter pad.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • azurianstarazurianstar Member Posts: 6,985 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Updates to "The New Link" mission:
    • The changeling boss, Laas, now uses the updated changeling combat sequence.
    • When you defeat Laas, you must capture him and place him in a container to complete the mission.
      • This is noted with a new mini-contact.
    • Updated Lamat'ukan to use a minicontact when he is defeated, instead of a system message.
    • The New Link no longer places characters into combat mode just by stepping into it, but it does cause them to be slowed.
    Why wasn't the mission tweeked so we wouldn't be killing innocent Jem'Hadar eggs? :(
    Foundry:
    • Added new interior detail objects:
      • Wall Intercom - TOS
      • Tapestry - Night Scene
      • Console - TOS Table 01
      • Vase - TOS 01
      • Vase - TOS 02
      • Statue - TOS 01
      • Decor - TOS Jeep
      • Generator - TOS 01
      • Consoles - Federation TOS Ship 01
    • Added new NPC Groups:
      • Species M-113 - ground
      • Tholian EV Suit - ground
      • Tholian - space

Nice, but where are the missing ships? :confused:
    Tricobalt Mines updated:
    • The damage dealt by Tricobalt Mine Explosions have been reduced by 10% across-the-board.
    • The damage variance of Tricobalt Mine Explosions has been reduced from 20% to 5%.
      • This will lead to more predictable damage - fewer highs, fewer lows.
    • The stealth value on Tricobalt Mines has been reduced by approximately 25%.
      • This should allow them to be seen from about 1k further than previous.

Why just not revert it to the previous single Tricobalt mine than nerfing the explosive power? Because nobody had an issue with it before the change where multiple mines spawn with the Pattern ability.
  • zer0niusrexzer0niusrex Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    zahinder wrote: »
    I understand that it's important not to outline hard rules about what qualifies lest people game the system, but do you realize how demoralizing it is to spend days or weeks putting together a mission, beg/borrow/steal people to play the thing, and have it languish in 'NOT ELIGIBLE' oblivion with absolutely no idea what you can do to change things?

My first mission finally qualified sometime in the last day. But for a week it was sitting at 12-16 plays, 30-60 minute playtime (if the search is at all accurate), and it wasn't eligible. No idea whether it would just take time to process, or if I had done something wrong, or ... ...

My second mission doesn't qualify, which I assume is due to only 4 plays. I guess?

I have said this elsewhere, but number of plays/reviews is one of the factors. I hope this is unsurprising, as it's at least slightly more difficult to exploit this way.
  • bootybootsbootyboots Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Corrected energy types on Adapted Mk XII MACO and KHG weaponry to match up with their visual FX.

Sorry to barge into the foundry discussion, but am I reading this right? 2 The adapted sets will now have the same energy type as the regular stf sets?

If so I now have a useless sniper rifle for each faction. What a waste...
    House of Sigma (channel KDFdefera for PvE requiring only KDF teams) List of KDF issues [my in-game handle @bootymcboots] (channel KDF Empire for KDF orientated discussion - still in development/growing)
  • kirksplatkirksplat Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I have said this elsewhere, but number of plays/reviews is one of the factors. I hope this is unsurprising, as it's at least slightly more difficult to exploit this way.

Can you tell us what the number is, so that we know how many people to beg to play our missions while getting no rewards? Or should we just beg and beg until the mission somehow counts?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • zahinderzahinder Member Posts: 2,382 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Oh, and while we're talking about Foundry, I'd LOVE more primitives -- sphere, cone (up, down, side), maybe a few more size discs/blocks.
    Campaign: The Fenwick Cycle NWS-DKR9GB7KH

Wicks and Things: NW-DI4FMZRR4 : The Fenwick merchant family has lost a caravan! Can you help?

Beggar's Hollow: NW-DR6YG4J2L : Someone, or something, has stolen away many of the Fenwicks' children! Can you find out what happened to them?

Into the Fen Wood: NW-DL89DRG7B : Enter the heart of the forest. Can you discover the secret of the Fen Wood?
  • psymantispsymantis Member Posts: 329 Arc User
    edited January 2013

Ships:
    • The Vesta and its variants now properly display set piece shield FX correctly on all ship parts.
    • Updated the following ships so their textures display correctly:
      • Steamrunner
      • Aeon
      • Wells
      • Mobius

A welcome fix. No one else may have commented on this fix but it's definitely appreciated by me.

Now please apply the Vesta fix to the ring of the D'kyr.;)
  • thay8472thay8472 Member Posts: 6,149 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    any chance of the mirror skin unlock for the foundry? for those of us fromthe mirror universe? :P (mirror skin for ship costumes)
    2gdi5w4mrudm.png
    Typhoon Class please!
  • nyniknynik Member Posts: 1,628 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Items linked in chat now correctly display their color when first displayed, instead of requiring mouseover.

Thanks for not forgetting this UI team.

p.s. foundry assets barely hit and mostly miss yet again. INTERNS PLZ
  • philosopherephilosophere Member Posts: 607 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    psymantis wrote: »
    A welcome fix. No one else may have commented on this fix but it's definitely appreciated by me.

Now please apply the Vesta fix to the ring of the D'kyr.;)

I second this...

Welcome back Devs and keep it coming. 2013 is starting off great.
    Are we there yet?
  • molen#7916 molen Member Posts: 55 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    The boff stations and skills are still missing.
    edited January 2013
    There was an issue where the Journal incorrectly said that some didn't qualify when they did--that was resolved and is on Holodeck as of today.

Every other mission I've checked (since the fix went live) legitimately didn't qualify, whether because it lacked enough plays or because the average play time was too short. :)

anyone know what is the number of "enough" plays and it that means plays in general or plays by unique accounts?
    House of Sigma (channel KDFdefera for PvE requiring only KDF teams) List of KDF issues [my in-game handle @bootymcboots] (channel KDF Empire for KDF orientated discussion - still in development/growing)
  • psycoticvulcanpsycoticvulcan Member Posts: 4,160 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    • The changeling boss, Laas, now uses the updated changeling combat sequence.

Could we possibly have that combat sequence extended to all changeling NPCs, including those in the Foundry?
    NJ9oXSO.png
    "Critics who say that the optimistic utopia Star Trek depicted is now outmoded forget the cultural context that gave birth to it: Star Trek was not a manifestation of optimism when optimism was easy. Star Trek declared a hope for a future that nobody stuck in the present could believe in. For all our struggles today, we haven’t outgrown the need for stories like Star Trek. We need tales of optimism, of heroes, of courage and goodness now as much as we’ve ever needed them."
    -Thomas Marrone
  • azurianstarazurianstar Member Posts: 6,985 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Almost forgot to ask, but when can we be starting to see the Qo'nos CTD issue fixed?

And what's the word about the various Found Bug fixes? I mean its ironic that the Foundry is hyped so much but yet so little attention to it. (Not saying you're not fixing it, just that priorities seem to be low.)
  • denizenvidenizenvi Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    bootyboots wrote: »
    Sorry to barge into the foundry discussion, but am I reading this right? 2 The adapted sets will now have the same energy type as the regular stf sets?

If so I now have a useless sniper rifle for each faction. What a waste...

They're not useless, you just have to choose between them now. So maybe its a waste for you if you never intended to use the battle rifle without the pulsewave. But having them be different energy types was always OP as it made all other weapon combinations obsolete in STF's.
    Take a look at my Foundry missions!

Conjoined
    , Re-emergence, and . . .

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited January 2013
    denizenvi wrote: »
    They're not useless, you just have to choose between them now. So maybe its a waste for you if you never intended to use the battle rifle without the pulsewave. But having them be different energy types was always OP as it made all other weapon combinations obsolete in STF's.

I intended to use the pulsewave with the battle rifle because their ranges complemented each other.

And yes I must be crazy for thinking that the using 2 of the 3 elite STF weapons together was intended (apparently Omega being AP doesn't factor into this).

This is particulary bad for people that use the MACO set and need a pulsewave since there is no STF pulsewave option for at all anymore other than the adapted.
  • kapla1755kapla1755 Member Posts: 1,249
    edited January 2013
    Zero love the Reputation vendor, but can you possibly do the same with the Shipyard Dilithium equipment vendor so we can try out different energy/console/weapons combos with all the new gear since there is no way easy way to earn 22k dilithium to buy 1 new weapon, console on Tribble. :D Thanks
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • cptskeeterukcptskeeteruk Member Posts: 559 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Hmm just checked the stats of stuff like jem set, the individual things like jem shields arnt better, just the 2 or 3 piece powers which for jem its from 7.6 to 8.1 which ok as a free boost its fine i guess but would be better if 10 or more. The tet glider is 34.7 to 38.9 in combat space. So a slight increase but not a great deal considering its a mk xii omega 2 piece i thought zero said it was a large buff for xii sets compared to xi sets? A large would be to take the 34.7 i had to 42 or better imo.

Cutting beam tho is nice, 909 to 1371 ish. :) I can probs get the cutting beam to 1800 with powers.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • zeuxidemus001zeuxidemus001 Member Posts: 3,357 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    The one thing that stands out to me after lots of my own research into the black screen issue with intel drivers is that a lot of mmorpgs out there have had this problem for years and imo one of the reasons why its suddenly noticed in STO in S7 is due to the fact from when Cryptic first started getting some real backing when PWE went through 100% of the transfer we only noticed it now in S7. Yet this is the first mmorpg I have ever seen a company attempt to tackle the issue most devs in other mmorpgs just blame it on the user and do not try to take any accountability on the issue. So even the attempt with this patch to see if they can come up with anything renews some faith with me :)
  • kalvorax#3775 kalvorax Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    The Omega Plasma Torpedo Launcher no longer triggers the cooldown reduction procs of Projectile Weapons Duty Officers.

the problem was that it was always trying to fire an empty mag.....now i cant use my projectile doffs with it?!?!?! that sucks -.-
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I find this line of replies sadly hilarious. We put a lot of work into the massive list of fixes/changes above, and ya'll are hung up on the ability to skip our content. =p
  • nagoraknagorak Member Posts: 882 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    If you're adding enemy groups to the Foundry, could we please have a Dominion only faction and a Cardassian only factions in space? The True way mixes the two and it makes a mess of things if you want to have either only Dominion or Cardassian enemies.

I'm not sure how these factions are handled, but maybe you can just copy the True Way NPC groups and then delete the Cardassian ships or Jem'Hadar ships, respectively.