test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Have a question for Denise Crosby? Ask it here!

Comments

• Options
    drowrulesupremedrowrulesupreme Member Posts: 692 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Good morning. 3 questions...

Who do you think was the best captain in the franchise? And why?

What would you like to have done with the character of Tasha Yar if you had Q's powers and could "make it so"?

... and finally...

Like so many Star Trek alumni, you have a broad and varied career in TV and film but how does it feel to be one of only 3 former Trek actors to play a real part in STO (Zachery Quinto and Leonard Nimoy being the other 2)?
    "...we are far more united and have far more in common with each other than the things that divide us.”
    Jo Cox 22.6.1974 - 16.6.2016

• Options
    senshibat01senshibat01 Member Posts: 11,254 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Welcome back and thank you for Reprising a nice Duality of Trek for us.

I hope you will find it in your heart to issue a Case of Special Reserve Romulan Ale
    to any Captains assisting in Freeing Sela from the Clutches of the Iconians.

I recommend a Pardon for the Romulan Officer Janek.. Shes nothing like Donatra
    and could be of use to a new Empire.

Q: What part of Playing your Original Characters Daughter did you like the best?

Thanks.

Senshi
    e81d2f2c7ce74e61cba28154fcac4cc2.jpg
    Tsuki ni Kawatte Oshioki Yo
  • Options
    gornman47gornman47 Member Posts: 146 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Hey Denise,

I love Sela, she was the reason why I loved the Romulans so much!

Anyways just a couple questions;

#1 Did you know that Sela was the Empress in the STO timeline? And if so do you know that Sela is the head of the Tal Shiar in the novels?

#2 Your character in Pet Cemetery was awesome in the final scene! Did you ever think you should have been in the sequel?
    Q: [quoting Hartley] "Nothing reveals Humanity so well as the games it plays..."
  • Options
    joelzidanejoelzidane Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Mistery...Back to Sela or Tasha Yar?
  • Options
    sean2448sean2448 Member Posts: 815 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Will we find out what ever happened to Tasha? with events of Yesterdays Enterprise
  • Options
    hatepwehatepwe Member Posts: 252 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    What question would you like to be asked/answer that no one has asked you before?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    lancemeszaroslancemeszaros Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    sean2448 wrote: »
    Will we find out what ever happened to Tasha? with events of Yesterdays Enterprise

That was already known: she was captured along with others on the Enterprise, agreed to marry a Romulan general in order to save the lives of her fellow prisoners (making her better than Janeway), had a half-Romulan half-human daughter named Sela, tried to escape from Romulus, was caught when the infant Sela started to cry, and was executed.
  • Options
    horgahnhorgahn Member Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Why did you leave TNG?
    -and-
    Beard or no beard?
    -and-
    IS Brent Spiner fully functional?
    Go Team Venture!
    Wʬ  g+  f  t

    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    captainkccaptainkc Member Posts: 111 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    the 3rd year anniversary/yesterdays enterprise/enterprise C/tasha/sela/ambassador class in game finally/Denise Crosby approached to voice sela/etc...

top secret project is not very Top Secret, branflakes :D

LOL
    *spoiler*willSelafinallyappearinSTO*cough*

So here are my questions for Denise:
    1- what do you think Mirror Universe Tasha would be like? Or Mirror Universe Sela?
    2- if Tasha had been given more stories and character development in the episodes, would you have stayed on?
    People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect. But actually from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint it's more like a big ball of wibbly-wobbly timey-wimey ... stuff. --the Doctor, "Blink"
  • Options
    whamhammer1whamhammer1 Member Posts: 2,290 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Wow, for the first time, I really don't have anything to shoot from the hip, other than asking if she was offered a Cryptic Pony to do work with S.T.O.?

Now that I think of it, do you think it was a little too oddball for Crowley and team to have you reprise an ancestor of Tasha Yar in the Phase II episode?
  • Options
    farmallmfarmallm Member Posts: 4,630 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    What other roles you have in the plans. Future movies or TV shows? So I can tune in for to see you in action.
    Enterprise%20C_zpsrdrf3v8d.jpg

USS Casinghead NCC 92047 launched 2350
    Fleet Admiral Stowe - Dominion War Vet.
  • Options
    razhgalrazhgal Member Posts: 74 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Hello Denise Crosby, what is the secret project you are working on with the sto team?

:D
    Romeo - Engineer D'Kora / Leia - Science Charal
    Sirius - Tactical Kumari / Hatschy - Tactical Scimitar
    lil - Engineer Corvette / Dark - Tactical Guramba
  • Options
    psycoticvulcanpsycoticvulcan Member Posts: 4,160 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    If you have time, could you possibly add a Sela voiceover to "Cutting the Cord"? It would make her arrival so much more epic. :D
    NJ9oXSO.png
    "Critics who say that the optimistic utopia Star Trek depicted is now outmoded forget the cultural context that gave birth to it: Star Trek was not a manifestation of optimism when optimism was easy. Star Trek declared a hope for a future that nobody stuck in the present could believe in. For all our struggles today, we haven’t outgrown the need for stories like Star Trek. We need tales of optimism, of heroes, of courage and goodness now as much as we’ve ever needed them."
    -Thomas Marrone
  • Options
    captainkccaptainkc Member Posts: 111 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    That was already known: she was captured along with others on the Enterprise, agreed to marry a Romulan general in order to save the lives of her fellow prisoners (making her better than Janeway), had a half-Romulan half-human daughter named Sela, tried to escape from Romulus, was caught when the infant Sela started to cry, and was executed.

That was the impression I had when I watched the episode where Sela talked to Picard for the first time. Read Denise's interview for the backstory at http://trekcore.com/interviews/denisecrosby_interview.html
    People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect. But actually from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint it's more like a big ball of wibbly-wobbly timey-wimey ... stuff. --the Doctor, "Blink"
  • Options
    zerobangzerobang Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Did you ever notice that Geordi dropped his Phaser in the black goo that killed you?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    mirrorseacatmirrorseacat Member Posts: 170 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Ok not really a question, like at all really:

I loved seeing you in Star Trek: Blood and Fire as Dr. Yar, it was the best Easter egg ever! I squeed like a fan-gurl.

Ok, real question: Did you enjoy the episode? and if so what did you like about doing it?
  • Options
    dm19deltadm19delta Member Posts: 206 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    The TNG episode "The Naked Now" was one of my favorite episodes. If Tasha was never killed off, do you think the relationship between Tasha and Data would've been explored further?
  • Options
    azurianstarazurianstar Member Posts: 6,985 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    1) What was your first reaction when you first heard about Sela's promotion to Romulan Empress?

2) Were you surprised at how popular Sela is in the Star Trek Online community? And how they wish to involve her more in the game?

3) If you had a chance to add to the story of your characters, what would you write about?
  • Options
    captiandata1captiandata1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    denise crosby how would have star trek the next generation develope differently if natashia yar was not killed off in late season one of tng?

why is it every time the main star trek tng cast meet at star trek conventions or other conventions that you natashia yar and droctor plaski Diana Muldaur always are missing?

denise crosby natashia yar would you have like to have done some st tng episodes with Diana Muldaur katherine plaski? what type of dynamic would have been between liutantent yar and droctor plaski?

your stongest st tng episode for liutantent natashia yar was yesterday's enterprise. did you like the newer st tng 2 piece uniforms?

denise crosby was it fun for you to return for st tng episode all good things? did you like the added shuttle where yar took picard to the enterprise d?
  • Options
    logicalspocklogicalspock Member Posts: 836 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Did you ever regret leaving the show and what made you decide to come back as a guest star?
  • Options
    psiameesepsiameese Member Posts: 1,646 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Not quite so secret assigment, eh? Anniversary event was almost a given. Now I wonder if this assignment might be a chain? Let the speculation begin!

A Romulan player faction voiced by the Empress, maybe? It could happen. ;)
    (/\) Exploring Star Trek Online Since July 2008 (/\)
  • Options
    foundrelicfoundrelic Member Posts: 1,380 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    the

3rd year anniversary/yesterdays enterprise/enterprise C/tasha/sela/ambassador class in game finally/Denise Crosby approached to voice sela/etc...

top secret project is not very top secret branflakes :D

question? hmmm

*how does it feel to reprise your role as one of your startrek character again after all this time?

*how do you feel about the game canon crowning your character emperes of whats left of the romulan empire?

But you see the secret is that she's playing Picard.

Damn, the lobi's out of the lockbox.

How does it feel coming back to Trek again?
  • Options
    psymantispsymantis Member Posts: 329 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    After she chose to leave they found ways to bring her back with time travel and coincidental identical looking descendants (you have your mother's everything). She was clearly a popular character so do you think it was short-sighted to leave so soon, and so permanently, instead of taking a break?
  • Options
    twg042370twg042370 Member Posts: 2,312 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Denise, do you mind if I call you Denise?
    <3
  • Options
    dracounguisdracounguis Member Posts: 5,358 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    What is the airspeed velocity of an unladen swallow?
  • Options
    jexsamxjexsamx Member Posts: 2,802 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Circular, oval, or pointy saucers?
  • Options
    keoki82kkeoki82k Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Denise,

When TNG production began, was Patrick as much of an uptight stress case as he made himself out to be? Did he really call a meeting of all the featured actors to discuss his feelings about the future of the series? Did the two of you butt heads, so to speak?

Tasha has always been one of my favourite Star Trek characters, of any franchise. I still cry when I watch "Skin of Evil" to this day, and being a grown man I'm not afraid to say that. A very powerful, moving performance from all involved.

Whatever the reasons for your departure may've been, I respect your decision. I've read that Gene was disappointed and I understand why. I think you're brilliant. You left an indelible mark on the series, and your departure made the show more real, in my opinion. Sometimes I've heard Trek fans criticize TNG for being too "utopian" or not as "dark" as the other series. Your finale became one of the definitive moments to prove this is not the case. In my opinion, Season One is indispensable thanks to you.

Cheers,
    George
  • Options
    jocelyn2jocelyn2 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Which episode of ALL the Star Trek series did you liked the most and why.
    [SIGPIC] [/SIGPIC]
    I will always choose a lazy person to do a difficult job...

...because he will find an easy way to do it.

-Bill Gates
  • Options
    cosmicender101cosmicender101 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Dear Denise,

How do you stay so completely awesome?

Sincerely
    Kevin Horsley
  • Options
    game5pockgame5pock Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Can we get a singing hologram of Bing installed at Starfleet Academy?
This discussion has been closed.