test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Have a question for Denise Crosby? Ask it here!

pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
edited January 2013 in Galactic News Network [PC]
Hello Captains!

I'm excited to announce that we are going to be working with Denise Crosby on a TOP SECRET assignment. I'm going to try and get some of your Star Trek/ Tasha/ Sela questions answered, so... have a question for Denise Crosby? Leave them in this thread and I'll try and get them answered and posted in the not too distant future.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
Post edited by pwebranflakes on

Comments

• Options
    cratchmastercratchmaster Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Will she go to prom with me?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    irishhawkdrakeirishhawkdrake Member Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I really hoped Yar would get to come back as Alt timeline Yar and was sad when she went on the Enterprise C. Was it ever an option during scripting for you to stay? Was the offer there?
  • Options
    samseabornsamseaborn Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Why have I not seen you in more things? The few roles I've seen you in these past few years have been amazing - Guest roles in Dexter and Mad Men... but no major roles - hardly seems fair :/
  • Options
    kirimuffinkirimuffin Member Posts: 692 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Which of the three characters you played (two versions of Tasha, and Sela) was your favorite?
  • Options
    captainbmoneycaptainbmoney Member Posts: 1,323 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    How do you feel about Sela becoming Empress of the Romulus Empire Remnant?

Like my fanpage!
    https://www.facebook.com/CaptainBMoney913
  • Options
    gamerjoshgamerjosh Member Posts: 158 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    The question is, 25 years after first playing Tasha Yar, how does it feel to again to working on a licensed Star Trek production again? Do you need to do anything to psych yourself up for the role?
    Belief manifests reality
  • Options
    captainrevo1captainrevo1 Member Posts: 3,948 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Which character did you enjoy playing more and do you wish Sela had appeared in more episodes?
  • Options
    lancemeszaroslancemeszaros Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Was there ever any interest in bringing you into any of the TNG movies, especially Nemesis considering it was written as a finale for the TNG franchise, and had a heavy focus on the Romulans?
  • Options
    dontdrunkimshootdontdrunkimshoot Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    the

3rd year anniversary/yesterdays enterprise/enterprise C/tasha/sela/ambassador class in game finally/Denise Crosby approached to voice sela/etc...

top secret project is not very top secret branflakes :D

question? hmmm

*how does it feel to reprise your role as one of your startrek character again after all this time?

*how do you feel about the game canon crowning your character emperes of whats left of the romulan empire?
  • Options
    fmninja048fmninja048 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Do you like my Rabbit?

Picture of Rabbit
  • Options
    thehavrahathehavraha Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Supposedly "Skin of Evil" was one of the critically worst reviewed episodes on early TNG, and was touted as an example of "how not to kill off a main character". What did you think of the episode during filming? If you had a chance to bring Tasha back to life in the canon universe ala Spock, would you take it?

Also, the Enterprise and crew was repeatedly visited by an omnipotent godlike being often far too eager to treat them to supernatural acts of benevolence, and not a single crew member ever asked Q to bring Tasha back to life. Do you think Tasha would be a bit aggravated about that?

Everybody has a favorite Star Trek alien species. What's yours?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] I am a Cheestah.
    Check out my Foundry missions
    Fed: "To Helna and Back", "Rema Donna", "Animations with Helna", "Mudd's Weapons", "Waiting for Wednesday", "Monolith"
    KDF: "Time the Enemy", "Time the Ally", "Time the Traitor"
  • Options
    seekerkorhilseekerkorhil Member Posts: 472
    edited January 2013
    I got a question. Does it make you laugh that people make such a big deal over a character from a 80s franchise that only appeared in a couple of dozen episodes?

The things people make a big deal over is really funny. Its like the hype that happened when they found out Leeta was going to be in the game.

Stupid people. :rolleyes:

This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Perfect World Entertainment Community Rules and Policies . ~BranFlakes
  • Options
    thehavrahathehavraha Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Perfect World Entertainment Community Rules and Policies . ~BranFlakes
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] I am a Cheestah.
    Check out my Foundry missions
    Fed: "To Helna and Back", "Rema Donna", "Animations with Helna", "Mudd's Weapons", "Waiting for Wednesday", "Monolith"
    KDF: "Time the Enemy", "Time the Ally", "Time the Traitor"
  • Options
    stoneyfacestoneyface Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    how does it feel knowing that a character you brought to life has lived on past the show and into STO?

p.s i LOVED you as sela! thank you for your awesome contribution to the star trek universe.
  • Options
    robertcrayvenrobertcrayven Member Posts: 355 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Denise:

If someone had told you in 1987 that Star Trek: The Next Generation would go on to become arguably the most legendary Star Trek series since TOS, would you have reconsidered your decision to leave the show? Also, if someone had described Star Trek Online to you in 1987, would you have even believed them, let alone believed that the franchise would still be so popular in 2013?
  • Options
    asardetemplariasardetemplari Member Posts: 447 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Ms. Crosby: How does it feel to be back on the horse as Sela, and are you glad she is finally Empress of the Romulan Empire?
    latest?cb=20160406061118&path-prefix=en

Dreadnought class. Two times the size, three times the speed. Advanced weaponry. Modified for a minimal crew. Unlike most Federation vessels, it's built solely for combat.
  • Options
    dirlettiadirlettia Member Posts: 1,632 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I actually LOL'ed at the rabbit question and if she doesn't like it, you can take heart in that I think its cute.

Question:

Tasha had an episode where she went home to her roots on the planet which was in constant conflict with no apparent solution. Do you think that the planet should be included here with the conflict or would it have ended centuries before?

Still waiting to be able to use forum titles
  • Options
    webdeathwebdeath Member Posts: 1,570 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Hello Captains!

I'm excited to announce that we are going to be working with Denise Crosby on a TOP SECRET assignment. I'm going to try and get some of your Star Trek/ Tasha/ Sela questions answered, so... have a question for Denise Crosby? Leave them in this thread and I'll try and get them answered and posted in the not too distant future.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

Was there an Actor/Actress from Startrek (TOS, TNG, DS9, VOY, ENT) that you would have loved to have worked with, but never got the chance?

Was there an actor/actress that you did not like to work with when you were?

And just how big is the Chip on your shoulder that Jonathon Franks remarked about during a Dragon Con Panel?
    You think that your beta test was bad?
    Think about this:
    American Football has been in open beta for 144 years. ~Kotaku
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    fmninja048 wrote: »
    Do you like my Rabbit?

Picture of Rabbit
    It looks delicious.

To Crosby: Do you like the Empress Sela concept?
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    themariethemarie Member Posts: 1,055 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Denise Crosby:

Welcome back to the franchise.

If and I stress IF they ever geenlight another TV show, would you be willing to either reprise your role(s)... or even portray another character entirely?
  • Options
    sollvaxsollvax Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Tasha was always my favourite Next Generation character so I have two questions.

1 Other than your own characters which was your favorite character.?

2 Do you have a favourite episode ?

And thanks for coming to STO .
    Live long and Prosper
  • Options
    robertcrayvenrobertcrayven Member Posts: 355 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    webdeath wrote: »
    Was there an actor/actress that you did not like to work with when you were?

My money's on Brent Spiner.

I wouldn't have lasted ten minutes on set with that dude.
  • Options
    thay8472thay8472 Member Posts: 6,101 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Are you bringng the evil tar monster guy with you? :eek:
    2gdi5w4mrudm.png
    Typhoon Class please!
  • Options
    bazagbazag Member Posts: 375 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    If you continued on as Tasha Yar on TNG through all 7 seasons would you have considered moving into DS9 when TNG finished. Either replacing Worf or maybe working along side Odo?
  • Options
    ascaladarascaladar Member Posts: 186 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    1. I know you wanted to leave TNG at the time, but were you happy the way Tasha Yar was killed off?

2. Would you have returned to Star Trek for a role in Nemesis? (I think in your role as Sela you would have made a better villain then the what-was-his-name-picard-clone) :D
  • Options
    lordhavelocklordhavelock Member Posts: 2,248 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Good Day Ms. Crosby,

Had you ever heard of STO prior to this opportunity? Do you play? What sort of character do you play?

You can find/contact me in game as @PatricianVetinari. Playing STO since Feb 2010.
  • Options
    jcswwjcsww Member Posts: 6,790 Arc User
    edited January 2013
  • Options
    leviathan99#2867 leviathan99 Member Posts: 7,747 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Artsy question.

I understand you and Marina Sirtis were originally lined up to play eachother's characters. What was your take on the Troi character like? Would playing Troi have been something that would have convinced you to stay on the series longer and, in retrospect, are you happier with your legacy as Tasha?

I think it's funny in some ways because I think Tasha may have more name recognition as a character because of her exit. When the show was airing weekly, Troi was obviously a bigger part. But in terms of impact, I think more people would cite Tasha's death as a dramatic moment more than anything Troi actively did on the show. Which isn't to say they didn't love Marina and her performance. I think they did. But I almost think people love Marina more than Troi, which may make Tasha the juicier part for an actor looking back.
  • Options
    koppenflakkoppenflak Member Posts: 191 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Would you rather fight 1 horse-sized duck, or 100 duck-sized horses?

(I couldn't help it... I'm so sorry)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    sarisiasevensarisiaseven Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Any chance of a Trekkies 3?
This discussion has been closed.