test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Ask Cryptic: January 2013 - Submit Your Questions, Please!

Comments

• Options
    jcswwjcsww Member Posts: 6,790 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Instead of asking the usual list of questions that go consistantly ignored. I just want to know one thing. Why, Dan, do you cherry pick the simplest questions to answer while ignoring questions about serious issues and questions about returning things like the Retro Gorn skins?
  • Options
    russell1997russell1997 Member Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    1) There was talk (I guess about a year ago) about action figures of our characters and maybe some other merchandising. Are there still any plans to do this?

2) Will there be a better way to get Purple Mk XII ship tactical energy consoles? Like Antiproton mag regulator, Phaser Relay, disruptor induction coil, and ect...

3) Can we get away to sort the fleet roster by @Name

4) Can you find a way to speed up foundry map loading time as well as visit bridge map loading time?
  • Options
    cosmoscolacosmoscola Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    How was 2012 for STO in terms of player numbers and finances?
  • Options
    rifter1969rifter1969 Member Posts: 654 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Dan,

I have two questions

1. Are there any plans to combine banks? What I mean is that when you go to any bank terminal, you have to choose character, account or fleet. Say you open a character bank, you can select account from the top. But to get to your fleet bank, you have to close out the interface and reinitialize it. Is there any way to combine the three so you only have to open the interface once, then you can select the bank form the top?

2. Another bank question... Is there any plans to add bank,mail, exchange services to the Defera invasion zone? Those services are available on New Romulus, and there is a tent in the base camp area that says Comm outside of it, but nothing there is interactive.

Thanks for all the hard work you and the staff have done in 2012.
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    What is meant to become of DS9, know that Task Force Omega have been moved into the reputation system?? DS9 feels a bit unpopulated at the moment...
  • Options
    captsparticus79captsparticus79 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I am just wondering if we are going to be able to play as the Borg with there ships etc ,I personaly would love to be a Borg in the game. Or perhaps a new playable type of aliens maybe even from the gamma quadrent .
  • Options
    chivs116chivs116 Member Posts: 109 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Are we going to see a "Spacedock" update in which players can fly ships inside the base to dock? instead of stopping at "spacedoors"?:confused:
    4058756.jpg
  • Options
    nikolunusnikolunus Member Posts: 162 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    A few questions that have been floating in my head for a while now.

1) Will we ever be able to make proper mixed species captains. (Currently My Caitain Captains back story says he is the child of a Vulcan Scientist and Caitain Scientist that had worked on a deep space exploration project.) I would love to remake him with some of the more Vulcan traits. Even if it meant adding more customization details to the custom Alien creation.

2) I love the Caitain Carrier, the design, everything but the interior. I just cant get into it with the full federation look. Will there ever be an update to this ship to give it a more alien feel.

3) Internal ship customization and crew interactions. I would love to have a greater reason to spend time exploring my ship, if there was more to explore. Will we ever see more ship interior extensions, or the ability to customize our ready rooms and quarters more. On that note will it ever be possible to create a standard ship uniform for the general crew walking around. Feels odd that my command staff is standing in their uniforms and ever other crew is out of sync.
    Space is vast, it's wonderful and maddening. Yet in that madness is some of the greatest beauty I have ever seen.
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    Is 2013 the Year we?ll see a third playable faction in-game??
  • Options
    kalanikalani Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    A good crafting system would fit hand in hand with Gene Roddenberry's vision of the Star Trek universe. Has the crafting revamp made it onto the schedule yet and if so can you give us any details?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    pegasussgcpegasussgc Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Q: Are there any plans to release a Romulan ground set purchasable through the reputation system?

Q. Last month you said that playable Cardassian and Romulans WILL happen, can you give us an idea of when we might see those? I'm assuming you meant playable FED/KDF species.
  • Options
    woerligenwoerligen Member Posts: 261 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    New year, new opportunity. New Duty Officer species? Those are always cool (thanks for the Bynars). How about adding Dr. Phlox's people, the Denobulans as Doff species?

In addition, are the Aenar on schedule as playable species or is this not planned?
    What is the reason for there not being Benzite bridge officers?

Thanks for your continuing efforts! I loved the game from day 1 and it still expands. :cool:
    Leipzig University, 1409-2409
  • Options
    wraithshadow13wraithshadow13 Member Posts: 1,728 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Why is everything so expensive in terms of the reputation system? Kit's costing 60,000 fleet credits, weapons worth 500 marks all of which have the additional resource costs. While i understand this is still a work in progress, with how expensive it all is, is there any chance we could get these things as either account bound or bind on equip?

While a lot of people are enjoying the new Romulus zone and many new additions to the game, it seems that the Dev team is being relative quiet lately, on CO they've all but disappeared and NW, a little more reasonably, is just as quiet. Will this be changing at all to better the relationship between devs and the player base?

Sto lifetime memberships have the added bonus of Neverwinter beta access, is there any clue on when this is going to happen?

With the added cost to both the reputation system as well as higher costs in the C-store and all would there be any plans to add value to existing items: i.e. adding variations to existing costume packs, more weapons to bundles, interiors to ships? Just adding more value to the items for the cost as a means of thanking those who've bought them as well as enticing new buyers as well?
  • Options
    archanubisarchanubis Member Posts: 152 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Are there any plans to include more non-humanoid aliens to the game? If so, will any of them be available as Bridge or Duty Officers?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    arabaturarabatur Member Posts: 408 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    After the last 2 season's releases filled with bugs and your stated claim of more staff, will the QA be of a higher standard for season 8 or can paying players like myself expect a similiar level of imcompetence? A nil response can only be deemed as a yes.
    Definitely not an Arc User.
  • Options
    kishi0690kishi0690 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Ok this is the first time I have ever asked a question. (its actually a few questions)

1) The ability to have your bridge officers promoted to Captain and have them captain your spare ships. Is this still going to happen? Or was this one of those things some dev said he/she was working on but now no longer works for Cryptic and thus will never happen?

2) A suggestion more then a question, what do you think about the idea of having fleet Holodecks showcasing fleet members Foundry Missions? The option for all Foundry missions should be there but there should be a section for fleet member specific missions?

3) Furthermore to the holodeck, how about also adding "Historical Missions?'
    i.e. The Battle of Wolf 359, Yesterday's Enterprise, The battle for Chin'toka etc...

4) Any Update on more customising options for ship interiors? i.e. replacing annoying blue LCARS terminals with canon TNG/DS9/VOY versions like on the Belfast bridge and the Odyssey class Bridge?

Thanks so much for your time!
  • Options
    mrdarksabremrdarksabre Member Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    1. When does the team intend to add the next major update to the Foundry's functionality? The chief problems I find in the Foundry is a strangling contact limit, having to switch between two modes to test maps when a 3d editor would be so much easier, the lack of solo Dreadnought spawns and most crucially, the scaling system's problem of not allowing us to choose exactly what we want all team sizes to fight. Is it possible to at least give us some form of ballpark where we can expect issues such as these to be addressed?

2. A few people have been screaming that Antiproton's proc is in fact very bad (which is bad for me because I use all AP weapons and get a lot of whinging from people). Is anything on the table to bump up Antiproton's proc to be in line with the other weapon energy types?
    Krovennan Darksabre: Commanding officer of the U.S.S. Blacksabre-E NX-973484-E

I earned my Vet rewards with commitment, not cash.
  • Options
    loverofwarsloverofwars Member Posts: 399 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    i have one question:
    can the reptuation system time be reduced? the materials needed to finish it and start it can be gotten in under a week with alot of work but the 20 hours till projects are done is extreamly too long. for a fleet project i would understand but personal needs to be much faster 15 minutes at most each project. any chance at all of it being reduced please?
    And thank you in advance if this is answered :)
  • Options
    hellwolf80hellwolf80 Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Maybe a little bit of off-topic, but have you ever considered to make connections with toy/modelling companies?

There are several new and some not-that-new but rarely made ships (like the Prometheus class) that could be made as a physical item.

So I'm thinking about a new STO model/toy line from the new ships which became fan favorites through the last few years, like the Odyssey, Luna, Destiny and Emissary classes, not to mention the new Klingon, Gorn, Nausicaan and Orion ships, as well as the Atrox Carrier, with light or sub-class interchangeable parts.
  • Options
    ltsmithltsmith Member Posts: 207 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Will we see any new playable species this year; for example Talaxian, Cardassian, and Romulan?

Could we see any more non Starfleet ships, personally I would like to see a Vulcan Suurok Class Cruiser and any updates on the Andorian ship?
  • Options
    leterryerleterryer Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Have the developers been working on solutions to most of the rubber-banding and lagging that players have long been haunted by? Also, will there be a release that is compatible with the Steam platform coming soon?
  • Options
    dbcopperdbcopper Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    1) Will fleets ever see an increase in bank size and/or more bank tabs?

2) Is it possible for you to change the doff requirements for assignments so that we can donate doffs of a higher grade (quality) than needed.

3) Could you make it possible for foundry authors to trigger the mini games during their missions and also make maps that require EV suits and have missions like in "Boldly They Rode"

4) Foundry searching is a mess, can we please get a favorite tab and maybe the ability to recommend missions to friends.
  • Options
    samartleosamartleo Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Oh my spirits yes this question:
    Are we going to see a "Spacedock" update in which players can fly ships inside the base to dock?
    PLEASE PLEASE CAN WE CAN WE CAN WE!!!!

Can we see a greater development of the klingon storyline missions?

Can the Romulans and Remans on New Romulus be a new Playable faction? I would love to be able to play as a Romulan or Reman! I want a Warbird!!!

Yeah please sort out all the bugs in the game!

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE More Iconian storyline! PLEASE!

Can you make all ships that the lockboxes have available to buy?
    For the non Starfleet ones simply have a vendor of those race have it for players to buy from.

MORE customisable uniform system, in terms of where colours go and add special colours like all the jewel colours. Or more precisely create your own design uniforms! Would be awesome!
  • Options
    admiralbrenanadmiralbrenan Member Posts: 84 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Will the interior of ships be getting a redo any time soon engineer in particular. it just doesn't feel right especially the warp core. it would be nice to have an engineering level that looked like engineering and not a warp core that you have to have a cherry picker to get to the dilithium crystals and have engineering look different depending on the size you choose.
  • Options
    cichicichicichicichi Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    1. When will you implement a system to descourage/deter the leavers or afk in pvp/pve? At bare minimum, a vote-kick option.

2. A PVP currency usable to buy PVP related items.

3. Revamp of the crafting system, so that we would have 3 or more really different branches. Endgame items to be available for crafters.

4. Different development pathways for captain's skills. For instance, a Sci captain to be able to choose between "Healer", "Crowd Control" and "Debuffer", that would improve the corresponding builds.

5. Higher difficulty PVE encounters. Currently, PVE is too easy. STF elite is too easy, it almost matters not what build or tactics one team employs. Make some unique PVE events, that would require 10+ persons with various roles to finish it and have a chance for GOOD items. Make it hard, make it people use brains and be rewarded something worthy. Make a different reward system for those doing missions on elite setting.
  • Options
    madmoomoomadmoomoo Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Two Questions:
    (1): When are you going to release a TNG special pack? ( please fix the collar on TNG uniforms)

(2): DO you have any plans to expand or make the foundry more powerful?
  • Options
    cehuscehus Member Posts: 179 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    1. Can we get a rough schedule of all the ships being released in 2013
    2. Is there the slightest chance we could get the Achilles class from ST: Dominion wars
    3. Will the KDF be getting a vesta-type ship?
    4. Will the Wrath of Khan uniform get the same high res textures that every other uniform has received since launch?
    Cehus.png
  • Options
    trekkiematttrekkiematt Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Any chance on lifting the dilithium refining capability beyond 8000? Its extremely frustrating to have a huge amount of dilithium that is unrefined.
  • Options
    cloudinfinitycloudinfinity Member Posts: 59 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Are there any plans to expand foundry content? For example: most costumes (temporal jumpsuit, z-store costumes, etc), npc group customization (adding turrets to space maps), more npc animations, etc? If there are plans, when will they be applied?
This discussion has been closed.