test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Scheduled Maintenance (January 3, 2013)

pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
edited January 2013 in Galactic News Network [PC]
Hi Captains,

We will be bringing down Star Trek Online tomorrow, Thursday, January 3rd, at 7AM PST (click here to view in your timezone) for maintenance. There will not be a new patch this week and we expect this maintenance to only last for 2 hours. The test server may also be unavailable during this time.

Thanks for your patience and understanding,

- The Star Trek Online Team
Post edited by pwebranflakes on

Comments

• entnx01entnx01 Member Posts: 546 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Again due to the holiday break, I take it? If so, will Holodeck patching resume next week? (Come on, realistically there's like a 99% chance the Holodeck server will have a patch during non-holiday weeks. lol.)
  • richardevegarichardevega Member Posts: 234 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    No patch notes this week again i take it then
  • sean2448sean2448 Member Posts: 815 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    should be up tonight or check tribble notes
  • pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
    edited January 2013
    No patch notes this week again i take it then

From the above:
    There will not be a new patch this week...

:)

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
  • losmartineslosmartines Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Please tell me that u fix the Helmet Problem on Kdf Side please i was waiting so long for the Parts and the Helmet but i cant equip them and i did not get the Klingon Honor Guard Accolade for getting all Three Parts of K.H.G. PLEASE fix it THX
  • harbinger242harbinger242 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Please tell me that u fix the Helmet Problem on Kdf Side please i was waiting so long for the Parts and the Helmet but i cant equip them and i did not get the Klingon Honor Guard Accolade for getting all Three Parts of K.H.G. PLEASE fix it THX

No patch means they aren't fixing that, or anything else. If you can't bother to even read the announcement post, I wish you wouldn't bother to make a post of your own.
  • usscapitalusscapital Member Posts: 985 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    so what you going to break this week cryptic ? , the server has stopped respnding is getting more often with each maintenance tbh
    NERF NERF NERF ONLINE

DELTA PRICE RISING
  • allyoftheforceallyoftheforce Member Posts: 736 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Can we at least know if there is any server stabilizing happening? I'll have Rachel Nichols call you. Heck, she might even be painted green.
  • th3xr34p3rth3xr34p3r Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Hi Captains,

We will be bringing down Star Trek Online tomorrow, Thursday, January 3rd, at 7AM PST (click here to view in your timezone) for maintenance. There will not be a new patch this week and we expect this maintenance to only last for 2 hours. The test server may also be unavailable during this time.

the time and date link is goin to a past date not the next maint time. here is the time in GMT aswell
    [SIGPIC]Click to visit Subspace-Radio[/SIGPIC]
    Twitter | Blog | Original Join Date: Dec 2007 | Gaming Setup | Raptr Profile | Gamer DNA
    The opinions expressed in my posts are my own views and do not reflect on any other entity(s) or person(s) I may or may not represent at the time.
  • nitrous82nitrous82 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    How about some details as to what the maintainence is going to be for?
  • chaos01171985chaos01171985 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Hi Captains,

when will there be another patch?
  • phantomeightphantomeight Member Posts: 567 Bug Hunter
    edited January 2013
    nitrous82 wrote: »
    How about some details as to what the maintainence is going to be for?

It just a reboot... like Windows.... runs like TRIBBLE after a while. Besides patching... All MMO's need a maintenance window. Lots of stuff to clean out. The company I work for serves many fortune 500 and 100 companies in the Litigation Support industry and we take a regular weekly outage as well... you have to... run archives, clean out temp tables... all kinds of stuff. If not, performance grinds to a halt or things just stop working.....
    when will there be another patch?

Most likely next week as any work done today, tomorrow, and just prior to the holiday will probably be in this coming patch
  • origcaptainquackorigcaptainquack Member Posts: 614 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    wow, 2 weeks no patching or adding any content, i could understand 2 week vacation for all employees if game was up to par and wasnt in the shape it is. almost 3 years now and still not enough content and alot broken. and still taking off for weeks at a time. things like this is why the video game industry is hurting. players are tired of playing games where the games are lacking in content and bugs dont get fixed. keep not listening to the people.
  • born2bwild1born2bwild1 Member Posts: 1,329 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    wow, 2 weeks no patching or adding any content, i could understand 2 week vacation for all employees if game was up to par and wasnt in the shape it is. almost 3 years now and still not enough content and alot broken. and still taking off for weeks at a time. things like this is why the video game industry is hurting. players are tired of playing games where the games are lacking in content and bugs dont get fixed. keep not listening to the people.

Are you saying STO has moved into maintenance mode?
  • zimmerman1979zimmerman1979 Member Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited January 2013

You had christmas and new year's for crying out loud you don't think the staff at Cryptic takes vacation during that time ? Noone expects patches or fixes for games during these times the only things you see are holiday events or some other event going on till the holidays are over probably next week you will see staff activity increase again .
  • tdawg65tdawg65 Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Here's the standard quote for all things that's messed up for STO. "Working as intended" I've heard tha tquite a few times myself and it's nothing but a frakking joke.
  • centersolacecentersolace Member Posts: 11,178 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Seriously guys. They're 40 people trying to appease the most notoriously finicky and fickle fanboys and girls of all time.

Give them their damned break. :P
  • psycoticvulcanpsycoticvulcan Member Posts: 4,160 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Seriously guys. They're 40 people trying to appease the most notoriously finicky and fickle fanboys and girls of all time.

Seconded./10chars
    NJ9oXSO.png
    "Critics who say that the optimistic utopia Star Trek depicted is now outmoded forget the cultural context that gave birth to it: Star Trek was not a manifestation of optimism when optimism was easy. Star Trek declared a hope for a future that nobody stuck in the present could believe in. For all our struggles today, we haven’t outgrown the need for stories like Star Trek. We need tales of optimism, of heroes, of courage and goodness now as much as we’ve ever needed them."
    -Thomas Marrone
  • topsettopset Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013

Thirded.

Stop raging, it's Christmas. Two weeks with no update and you're all crying about it? Pathetic.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Kirk's Protege.
  • pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
    edited January 2013

50+ and growing, actually :D And that's just STO. Each game has their own team.

And yes, the team is back from their break and ready to rock and roll! We should be returning to our regularly scheduled patching program next week.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
  • snovernsnovern Member Posts: 138 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Will the maintenance address the lack-of-sale-price problem of the Costume Sale announced here?

Neither myself nor two of my fleet mates are seeing the sale on Costumes within the "Zen store". A couple of posts in the above-referenced thread also indicate a lack of sale prices showing.

I've tried both FED and KDF sides, changing characters, logging off and on, as well as exiting and restarting the STO game client. Also, I checked both the in-game store as well as the Web-based store link provided here.

The price I see for all costumes is 550Z. I would expect the 20% off price to be 440Z with some sort of indication of a 20% discount (as is usually seen with sales). Just in case the 550Z was the sale price, I reversed the math and have trouble believing the "non-sale" price is an uneven 687.5Z.

The only store item I see on sale is the "Enterprise Era Bundle" where the description actually states "Save 20% by purchasing the bundle!"
  • wbgron1wbgron1 Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Brandon...Just for my own curiosity can you give me the Spec of the server/s you use for STO etc??

CPU:
    RAM:
    HDD:

you know the basics and do any of the servers run VMWare?
  • devorasxdevorasx Member Posts: 693
    edited January 2013
    HOW can there not be a maintenance when so many bugs has been adressed to your attention?

You have one huge one in the duty officer department, where the embassy tier 1 romulan doff which lowers cooldown on ground skills, is affecting space combat as well. Does the devs have any IDEA how this is effecting pvp? Its irresponsible, especially after I and several others made a post on this DAYS ago, only to have it closed cause the devs supposedly is aware of it and working to fix it.

Really? Is it that hard to code?!

I see nothing done. So I ask again: HOW can there not be a maintenance?
    Co-founder of The Spanish Inquisition TSI - Cause no one expects it!

PaxOttomana: gawd mirror event is like fighting a tsi premade, they keep comin and comin!
  • bluedarkybluedarky Member Posts: 548 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    devorasx wrote: »
    HOW can there not be a maintenance when so many bugs has been adressed to your attention?

You have one huge one in the duty officer department, where the embassy tier 1 romulan doff which lowers cooldown on ground skills, is affecting space combat as well. Does the devs have any IDEA how this is effecting pvp? Its irresponsible, especially after I and several others made a post on this DAYS ago, only to have it closed cause the devs supposedly is aware of it and working to fix it.

Really? Is it that hard to code?!

I see nothing done. So I ask again: HOW can there not be a maintenance?

Because the devs need holidays too?

Seriously dude, these aren't robots we're talking about, these are human beings doing the best they can, we'll likely have a larger than normal patch next week to make up for no patches for the last couple of weeks.
    edited January 2013
    bluedarky wrote: »
    Because the devs need holidays too?

Seriously dude, these aren't robots we're talking about, these are human beings doing the best they can, we'll likely have a larger than normal patch next week to make up for no patches for the last couple of weeks.

So what?! Im a working person too, having my limited vacation and a demanding job. BUT you dont see me whining and crying that i didnt give priority to my time off when it was given to me. And besides, they should have people on and some people off in this case, to ensure the quality of the game, and that gamebreaking bugs stays out of the game.
    This is the second week they postponed patches, so i guess they deserve 2 weeks wheras us commonfolk barely deserves a week. I expect better of a proffesional company!

PaxOttomana: gawd mirror event is like fighting a tsi premade, they keep comin and comin!
  • lewstelamon01lewstelamon01 Member Posts: 924 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    So what?! Im a working person too, having my limited vacation and a demanding job. BUT you dont see me whining and crying that i didnt give priority to my time off when it was given to me. And besides, they should have people on and some people off in this case, to ensure the quality of the game, and that gamebreaking bugs stays out of the game.
    This is the second week they postponed patches, so i guess they deserve 2 weeks wheras us commonfolk barely deserves a week. I expect better of a proffesional company!

Obvious entitlement is obvious.

Seriously, get over yourself. You have no right to think you can run the devs or the rest of staff around like rats in a cage because of issues that YOU personally are experiencing.

There isn't a patch ready, ergo, it's not being done this week. Most PWE games aren't even getting a maintenance this week, let alone a patch.

EDIT: Better yet, read the posts of the players below mine. They're better at counter-ranting than I am.

ROLL TIDE ROLL
  • captainmariecaptainmarie Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    If you're that angry about a game you should take a step back, breathe deeply and move on.

Obviously, these issues are more complex than we the players realize. It's not a simple matter of changing a line in an .ini file somewhere.

And two weeks vacation is what GOOD companies offer as a perk, along with other benefits. Instead of being angry that certain people get more time off than you, get off your butt and find a GOOD job that offers similar perks. :D
    ---
    Look at my horta/my horta is amazing/give it a lick/tastes just like raisins.
  • trek21trek21 Member Posts: 2,246 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    You expect professional conduct and quality work every day of the year? :P Not only was it Christmas, it was New Year and such. Kids are on their winter break, and it's pretty much time to kick back and relax. Taking two weeks off does not reflect anything on their professional abilities, quite simply.

But seriously, the fact remains that the code people are working as best they can when they can. Why are there no fixes yet? Because they haven't found out the problems yet, and nothing we say or do will rush/fix that

The bugs you've mentioned, probably don't have the issues tracked down yet, or fixes haven't been formed yet ;) You can't rush a fix to holodeck when it hasn't even been discovered yet
    Was named Trek17.

Been playing STO since Open Beta, and have never regarded anything as worse than 'meh', if only due to personal standards.
    edited January 2013

There isn't a patch ready, ergo, it's not being done this week. Most PWE games aren't even getting a maintenance this week, let alone a patch.

Exactly! They have been adressed with serious issues which they have claimed to confirm, and they choose to do NOTHING. Do you think the parents with kids in in school will accept that teachers say: "No we didnt have anything to adress or teach, so we skipped this week"

Oh come on.

• lewstelamon01lewstelamon01 Member Posts: 924 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Exactly! They have been adressed with serious issues which they have claimed to confirm, and they choose to do NOTHING. Do you think the parents with kids in in school will accept that teachers say: "No we didnt have anything to adress or teach, so we skipped this week"

Oh come on.

Apples to oranges. Read the rest of the posts below the one you just quoted. Simply because an issue has been confirmed doesn't mean they're going to drop everything and get on it. Chances are they're still writing the code to correct said issues.

Again, your definition of "professional" seems to be "I'm being inconvenienced here, get off your duffs, drop everything you might be doing now and FIX IT RIGHT THIS INSTANT. Chop chop."

Going to restate something that's been said before: If you're THIS worked up over a game, perhaps you should just take a breath and step back and relax.

Brandon has already said that the normal patching schedule should resume as of next week. Take him at his word and leave it at that.

ROLL TIDE ROLL
This discussion has been closed.