test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Liberated Borg

kaerithiakaerithia Member Posts: 4 Arc User
edited February 2013 in The Academy
Greetings Captains

I got a little question...I've read that there is an playable Borg race ingame. But I can't find them in Zen Shop or in the "normal" charakter selection. Is there still a way for me to purchase them? I really like them and I want to play one of those assimilating freaks.

Best regards
Ensign Kaerithia
Post edited by kaerithia on

Comments

• oldkirkfanoldkirkfan Member Posts: 1,263 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    It is a Vet reward.You get it with a Life Time Sub.

Other than that, you're out of luck.

**Edit** Defalus is right... Changed post to reflect.
  • defalusdefalus Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    The Liberated Borg playable characters are only available to those who buy a lifetime account.

so all I have to do is purchase a lifetime abo? Interesting.

Thanks a lot

Best regards
    Ensign Kaerithia
  • starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    The lifetime subscription is required for the liberated borg captain. However, it is possible to borgify any female federation captain and obtain some liberated borg for your crew. The Seven of Nine costume pack only works on female federation characters and gives the hand implant, eye implant, and star implant on Seven of Nine's face so you can partially assimilate your bridge officers if they are female. There is a liberated borg engineering bridge officer that is female and obtained through the C-Store. There is a liberated borg science bridge officer that is male and obtained by dying in a certain location in the Khitomer Accord Ground STF. You just have to enter a certain location and it will kill you automatically and give you an accolade that can be turned in at a contact for the bridge officer. There is also a rare duty officer assignment that gives a random liberated borg duty officer if you crit it. Getting the blue and purple duty officers from the B'Tran Colonial chain will give female liberated borg caitians or borg kitties as they are commonly known. There was liberated borg duty officers that could be purchased from the Omega Store, but that was temporarily taken out when Season 7 went live and we don't know when the devs will implement them to the new system.
  • anazondaanazonda Member Posts: 8,399 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Shortcut to getting a "kinda-like Liberated Borg":
    • Buy 7-of-9 costume from C-Store.
    • Create new Alien Female Character (Male wont be allowed to use the 7o9 costume piece) with Efficient (to approximate the LTS borg)
    • Give the char the "Infected skin" type, and add 7o9 pieces

There... Semi Liberated Borg... Only downside is that you can't get the borg stun ability, but you know... meh.
    Don't look silly... Don't call it the "Z-Store/Zen Store"...
    Let me put the rumors to rest: it's definitely still the C-Store (Cryptic Store) It just takes ZEN.
    Like Duty Officers? Support effords to gather ideas
  • loverofwarsloverofwars Member Posts: 399 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    kaerithia wrote: »
    Greetings Captains

I got a little question...I've read that there is an playable Borg race ingame. But I can't find them in Zen Shop or in the "normal" charakter selection. Is there still a way for me to purchase them? I really like them and I want to play one of those assimilating freaks.

Best regards
    Ensign Kaerithia

sorry to tell you but playing borg you cant go assimilating
  • kaerithiakaerithia Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    sorry to tell you but playing borg you cant go assimilating

I know. It was just an...explanation. It was a bit over powered if you can assimilat others ingame. But thanks for the hint.

@starkaos
    Thanks for the hints. That ould help me a lot to create a "Borg infected crew"

@anazonda
    Mmmh sure...but it's not really the same you know. It's like a picture of an ice cream. It lokks like an ice cream but it's not.
    edited December 2012
    kaerithia wrote: »
    @anazonda
    Mmmh sure...but it's not really the same you know. It's like a picture of an ice cream. It lokks like an ice cream but it's not.

Well actually, it's the other way around...

With the LTS Borg, you get the picture, with the alien, you get the ice-cream.

Why?

Simple: With The LTS Borg, you're stuck with 2 traits, that you can't change. There is litteraly only a few props setting Alien and LTS Borg apart...
    Let me put the rumors to rest: it's definitely still the C-Store (Cryptic Store) It just takes ZEN.
  • pwecangetlostpwecangetlost Member Posts: 538 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Sorry to derail slightly, but does anyone know why the seven of nine set was never made usable my males (specifically the implants, but the whole set would be intereting. :P)?
    Its not like they would hold any great controversy over cross dressing (having seen the cropped winter jacket thread :P) or look terribly out of place, surely?
  • warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    anazonda wrote: »
    Well actually, it's the other way around...

With the LTS Borg, you get the picture, with the alien, you get the ice-cream.

Why?

Simple: With The LTS Borg, you're stuck with 2 traits, that you can't change. There is litteraly only a few props setting Alien and LTS Borg apart...
    Also, with the Alien you can change it into whatever you want when you get bored of the Borg.
    edited December 2012
    Sorry to derail slightly, but does anyone know why the seven of nine set was never made usable my males (specifically the implants, but the whole set would be intereting. :P)?
    Its not like they would hold any great controversy over cross dressing (having seen the cropped winter jacket thread :P) or look terribly out of place, surely?

Basically because 7 of 9 was a woman.

At least thats what people say... Personally, from the way "she" looks, I am not too sure.
  • admiraljt#1430 admiraljt Member Posts: 452 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Personally, from the way "she" looks, I am not too sure.

You are joking, Yes?
    edited December 2012
    You are joking, Yes?

Plastic surgery has made people look different for a long time...
  • ryoborgryoborg Member Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    defalus wrote: »
    The Liberated Borg playable characters are only available to those who buy a lifetime account.

That really sucks they should be put in the C-shop just like the rest of the races. it's totally unfair. Anyway i have a question is there a male Liberated Borg Bridge Officer or is it just the female coz i want a male one?
    edited February 2013
    Also can you get holograms as crew?
  • grouchyotakugrouchyotaku Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    ryoborg wrote: »
    Also can you get holograms as crew?
    You can get 'Photonic' Bridge Officers, but their EXPENSIVE....
    http://www.stowiki.org/Photonic_Tactical_Officer_Candidate
    http://www.stowiki.org/Starfleet_Photonic_Science_Officer_Candidate
  • magusofborgmagusofborg Member Posts: 186 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    That really sucks they should be put in the C-shop just like the rest of the races. it's totally unfair. Anyway i have a question is there a male Liberated Borg Bridge Officer or is it just the female coz i want a male one?

Um, how is it "unfair" exactly? Personally I would think it would be unfair if every F2Per suddenly had access to the Liberated Borg.
    BTW, There is a male Liberated Borg science officer.
    starkaos wrote: »
    However, it is possible to borgify any female federation captain and obtain some liberated borg for your crew.

Just wanted to add my opinion here, they wouldn't really be Borg, just wannabe's with Borg costume parts. ;)
    Joined August 2009
    edited February 2013

thats cool are there any engineers?
    edited February 2013
    thats cool are there any engineers?
    Not yet...
  • sander233sander233 Member Posts: 3,992 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    You are joking, Yes?

Jeri Ryan :wub:
    16d89073-5444-45ad-9053-45434ac9498f.png~original

...Oh, baby, you know, I've really got to leave you / Oh, I can hear it callin 'me / I said don't you hear it callin' me the way it used to do?...
    - Anne Bredon
  • purvee1purvee1 Member Posts: 360 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Only downside is that you can't get the borg stun ability,

Borg stun ability? Sorry been playing al iberated Borg since day 1, so I might have forgotten about it as an option since I created my main.
    edited February 2013
    purvee1 wrote: »
    Borg stun ability? Sorry been playing al iberated Borg since day 1, so I might have forgotten about it as an option since I created my main.
    He's talking about the 'Borg Neural Blast' Trait...

http://www.stowiki.org/Liberated_Borg
  • edna#7310 edna Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Um, how is it "unfair" exactly? Personally I would think it would be unfair if every F2Per suddenly had access to the Liberated Borg.
    BTW, There is a male Liberated Borg science officer.

Buy two Xs and you get 1 X for free.<< thats how most sales with bonuses work.That type of bonus doesnt limit the person to buy 3 Xs one by one without getting the free X.

That race or traits ,or cosmetic items will appear sooner or later..is just a matter of how many people will be willing to pay for them....that doesnt meant "liberated borg" .They can sell "borg drone" .:rolleyes:
  • tenkaritenkari Member Posts: 2,906 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    adrianm63 wrote: »
    Buy two Xs and you get 1 X for free.<< thats how most sales with bonuses work.That type of bonus doesnt limit the person to buy 3 Xs one by one without getting the free X.

That race or traits ,or cosmetic items will appear sooner or later..is just a matter of how many people will be willing to pay for them....that doesnt meant "liberated borg" .They can sell "borg drone" .:rolleyes:

there have been topics about getting liberated borg available for everyone since day 1 of the game pretty much. so yeah, i doubt liberated borg will ever be available to non LTS'ers. and if they make a clone of the lib borg race and sell it to everyone its pretty much the same thing.
    edited February 2013

it's unfair because you have to pay about $300 in real money to get it thats why. when even a Klingon character doesn't cost that much it should be avaliable to anyone that wants it just like the other Zen buy-able playable charaters even if they made it 1200 zen instead of 600 zen & that life time subscribers got it for free at least it would be fair. i don't have $300 to spend on a game & neither do other people if we were to buy a non-internet based game from a store it wouldn't cost that much to get everything the game offered & we could use every thing. i've spent my fair share on this game & if i want to spand more on getting a character i want then i should be able to without having to fork out hundreds of $$$ just so i have the option. it is very unfair.
    edited February 2013
    i've spent my fair share on this game & if i want to spand more on getting a character i want then i should be able to without having to fork out hundreds of $$$ just so i have the option. it is very unfair.

You mean unfair to you personally.

Just because something you want is outside of your price range doesn't mean its unfair, just unfair in your mind.
    It's like saying it's unfair that you cant have a flashy new sports car just because you can't afford it, there are just some things you have to pay extra money for.
    Sometimes standing out in a crowd can be expensive, I'm fine with that.
    Joined August 2009
  • wolfreywolfrey Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    it's unfair because you have to pay about $300 in real money to get it thats why. when even a Klingon character doesn't cost that much it should be avaliable to anyone that wants it just like the other Zen buy-able playable charaters even if they made it 1200 zen instead of 600 zen & that life time subscribers got it for free at least it would be fair. i don't have $300 to spend on a game & neither do other people if we were to buy a non-internet based game from a store it wouldn't cost that much to get everything the game offered & we could use every thing. i've spent my fair share on this game & if i want to spand more on getting a character i want then i should be able to without having to fork out hundreds of $$$ just so i have the option. it is very unfair.

Sorry man, not unfair at all
    Granted, i've been a lifer since open beta, so my forking out the $250 (it was cheaper for a week) has already paid for itself in what i'd be paying in subscription fees all these years, was well worth it and i have never looked back from paying it. However, they can't just give away the farm to people who just started joining the game and want to play liberated borg characters. If they had it on the C-store for $20 imagine how many people there would be who are liberated borg. they would be everywhere. Realistically, in star trek, there has only ever been a small handful liberated borg that we have seen, and they all were liberated under very special circumstances. how would it be in STO to have half the population be liberated borg? I think it was brilliant of cryptic to do it this way, rewards loyalty, and makes only those who are loyal customer to sto able to recieve it.

Furthermore, it's not $300 for the liberated borg character. It's $300 to recieve lifetime subscription rewards, including the 500 zen stipend each month, access to the foundry, and instant unlock of all (really awesome) Vetran rewards. Cryptic has to pay the bills somehow, they can't just have the whole world being able to play sto without limits for free.
  • gypsybladegypsyblade Member Posts: 730 Arc User
    edited February 2013

One of these threads pop up every so often (From what I see as I don't actively search them out)

I'll say what I've always said..

I've been a lifetime member since pre-launch, so I've had access to Liberated Borg. They're not that great, actually the Season 5 trait change made them worse IMO.

Just so F2P players are aware several species were made free when the game was converted. I paid for access to my Ferengi, Rigelian, and Tellarite. All of which players get for free now, no refund to my account.

Nobody is entitled here, I paid for the species, so should you.

The game is Free to Play, not Everything for Free

TBH the species isn't even that great, none of my 50s are Liberated Borg. Efficient aint what it used to be and the nanite regen won't save you. The stun is minor and short lived, so they really have no huge advantage. If its a RP complaint, make an Alien, choose infected skin tone and toss a Temporal Jump Suit on the toon. I had an alien toon KDF side and his concept was a Liberated Orion. The differences are minor.....
    edited February 2013
    gypsyblade wrote: »

TBH the species isn't even that great, none of my 50s are Liberated Borg. Efficient aint what it used to be and the nanite regen won't save you. The stun is minor and short lived, so they really have no huge advantage.

Traits, shmaits.....for me is all about MAH EYE LAZER!!!
    Joined August 2009
  • gypsybladegypsyblade Member Posts: 730 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Traits, shmaits.....for me is all about MAH EYE LAZER!!!

pfft It's a well known fact that Ferengi lobes are sexier than a silly eye laser :D:P