test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Explore Cluster "Empty map"

asassinx0asassinx0 Member Posts: 30 Arc User
edited December 2012 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
I keep trying to do explore systems in B'Tran cluster vice admiral and i keep loading into a blue empty map on entering system to explore with 1 security officer as if I was beaming down to a ground mission where I should be entering a space zone. There are no options to abort mission or beam back to ship. I had to use tranwarp to location for energy credits for a story mission to get me out of the map. This happened 2x today already. Never seen this bug before

Just went into delta volanis cluster to explore systems there and got a crc error crash
Post edited by asassinx0 on

Comments

• azurianstarazurianstar Member Posts: 6,985 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Sorry to hear you are encounter problems. But afraid you got the wrong Bug Report fourm. This is for the Foundry. What you want is here:

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=69

Second, Devs need to know what zones are bugged so they can track it down. So next time it happens, you need to file a Bug Report. And when you mention it on the forum, include the ticket number. That way the problem can be looked up fast and hopefully is soon in the works.
  • harlequinpixieharlequinpixie Member Posts: 172 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Hi there, well I was exploring the B'Tran cluster with my engineer. She then got put onto a Empty map as it is called, which is a blue area with nothing in it. The only way to escape was by using a transwarp to another mission. Once I got out, I went back to finish my daily in B'Tran.

But, I suddenly crashed and was thrown to my desktop, with an error saying the "map don't match the one on disk". Oddly, I got fed up and started with my Tac, she had the same issue. Every system I try, I get chucked back to desktop, and forced to verify files.

I submitted a ticket which is "14178886" and I hope this can be fixed, as the daily is a pain in the bottom to do.
  • khamseenairkhamseenair Member Posts: 2,640 Bug Hunter
    edited December 2012
    Not limited to B'tran, or star clusters for that matter.

I've just spent the last three hours trying to complete a star cluster mission in the Eridan Belt and only one out of every 15 systems I went into didn't put me into this blue 'empty map'. Was using zone chat to speak to some other people in there and some of them had been doing normal missions and been sent there too.

Clearly something got messed up big time in yesterdays patch. Wish they'd patched on Wednesday as originally planned as at least then we may have had a fix before the Christmas holidays. :(
    Join date is wrong, I've actually been around since STO Beta.
    True alters don't have a "main". Account wide unlocks for all unique event rewards!!
  • borg101010borg101010 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Entered a mission in the Arucanis Arm and it opened up with my Capt. and BO's surrounding in a Blue screen. The ground hud is there, can move around but in total blue.
    Can't abort/warp/cancel mission. Exited the game, came back...same thing/blue place. Logged in with other toons okay.
  • allfather777allfather777 Member Posts: 285 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Hi Sir, :D

My Main Toon Odin III hangs dead in space, and no background ! I Relogged twice, but it persists ! What should I Do please ?

Thx in advance for your answers !

Allfather :D
    Lord of Destruction - Allfather - Holy Lamb of Knowledge - Commander of the 7 Nation Army - The Victory Sire
  • thlaylierahthlaylierah Member Posts: 2,985 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Change Instance?
  • shevetshevet Member Posts: 1,667 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Transwarping to a mission location worked to extract me from the Infinite Blue Void. (Cost me 18k EC, but hey.)

All subsequent attempts to enter an unknown system in an exploration zone, though, have resulted in my client flat-out crashing. I think explores are pretty much broken as of the time of writing....
    8b6YIel.png?1
  • erei1erei1 Member Posts: 4,081 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    shevet wrote: »
    Transwarping to a mission location worked to extract me from the Infinite Blue Void. (Cost me 18k EC, but hey.)

All subsequent attempts to enter an unknown system in an exploration zone, though, have resulted in my client flat-out crashing. I think explores are pretty much broken as of the time of writing....

If you take the first mission, stranded in space, it'll cost only 100ec :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • captainrevo1captainrevo1 Member Posts: 3,948 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    this does sound like a new problem with the latest patch.

Have you tried moving. that has cleared similar problems in the past.

if not, exit the mission and wait 5 minutes for it to reset.

if not the transwarp has been proven to fix it.
    edited December 2012
    hi Sir, :D

Transwarp and Leave Sector or disabled ! So now I'm stuck in Zenas Expanse ! But it seems I'm not the only one !

Thx in advance for your answers ! :)

Lord of Destruction - Allfather - Holy Lamb of Knowledge - Commander of the 7 Nation Army - The Victory Sire
  • shevetshevet Member Posts: 1,667 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    "Beam out" button was greyed out on the empty map - and relogging, like the guy in the OP says, only brings you back to the same no-place.

100 EC for "Stranded in Space" - good thinking Batman! But I think I'll just stick to not doing explores until some nice person tells me this has been fixed.

(One person suggested changing instance - I didn't try that, but I'd expect it just to take me to another instance of the empty map. Which wouldn't be a whole lot of use, unless maybe it's a slightly different shade of blue, or something.)

(ETA: - Allfather, I'm talking about pulling up the list of episode missions and hitting the "Transwarp" button there, to take me to the start of one of those. If you do that, follow the advice of the good Captain above me, pick the cheap one!)
    8b6YIel.png?1
  • captainrevo1captainrevo1 Member Posts: 3,948 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    "Beam out" button was greyed out on the empty map - and relogging, like the guy in the OP says, only brings you back to the same no-place.

100 EC for "Stranded in Space" - good thinking Batman! But I think I'll just stick to not doing explores until some nice person tells me this has been fixed.

If you log out and log back in straight away then the mission has not had time to reset. go out for 5 minutes and you should come back into sector space/exploration space.

if that fails they have a transwarp button added to the calendar or the Q event. takes you back to ESD.
  • captainmerzancaptainmerzan Member Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Yea its a bug in the explore clusters i beamed dowm to the planet to a blue screen, mt too amd away team was there but nothing else, so i transwarped to staranded in space , was only way to get out.
  • wolf2048wolf2048 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    I can escape from empty map using: episodes missione -> transwarp for energy credits.

It's WORK!!!!! Use this!

Thank you.
  • maxvitormaxvitor Member Posts: 2,213 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Changing instances might force it to reload the map, there are no empty maps so it might be an incomplete load, but that should have generated some kind of error. I'm inclined to think exploration instances have been given a low priority, they take a long time to load. Some instances are broken, have been for some time, so pulling a support ticket to report it might not be a bad idea if for no other purpose than to remind who ever is looking that there are still problems in need of attention.
    If something is not broken, don't fix it, if it is broken, don't leave it broken.
    Oh Hell NO to ARC
  • thewolfsterthewolfster Member Posts: 75 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Beam to your bridge, then return to tactical view.
  • forcardassia6forcardassia6 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Transwarping to a mission location worked to extract me from the Infinite Blue Void.

This happened to me today too! The mission transwarp to the Azura mission only costs 100 EC.
  • graptorgraptor Member Posts: 82 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    You can escape by queueing for something, or as reported in another thread using a 'transwarp for energy credits' option on an episode.
  • thlaylierahthlaylierah Member Posts: 2,985 Arc User
    edited December 2012

(One person suggested changing instance - I didn't try that, but I'd expect it just to take me to another instance of the empty map. Which wouldn't be a whole lot of use, unless maybe it's a slightly different shade of blue, or something.)

(ETA: - Allfather, I'm talking about pulling up the list of episode missions and hitting the "Transwarp" button there, to take me to the start of one of those. If you do that, follow the advice of the good Captain above me, pick the cheap one!)

Changing Instance worked for me the time I ended up "Space Walking."
  • chogokinchogokin Member Posts: 4
    edited December 2012
    There's an even cheaper way. Visit your bridge, then return to the tactical screen.
  • pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
    edited December 2012
    Hi Captains,

Thanks for the reports. The Dev team is investigating.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
  • kurganwolfekurganwolfe Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Going from bridge to tactical hasn't worked for a lot of people, the only sure fire was transwarping out of there.
    Every time go to Arcanus arm and do a mission (the 3 systems tour) it not only takes me to
    "Empty map#7" as it says above the minimap but the exact same time many others are transported there as well.
    I tested this three times and it happens every time not only do I end up there but others suddenly do as well, so it can't be coincidence.
    The last time there was somebody else and his BO's in the empty map with me we had transported there at the exact same time.
  • rinksterrinkster Member Posts: 3,549 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Just experiencing the same thing now on diplomatic missions.

Will try the various suggestions from this thread, but clearly the problem is something systemic if it keeps on rearing its ugly head like this.
    edited December 2012
    Hi Sir, :D

I Am stuck for 4 hours now on My Main Toon ! it's says EMPTY MAP # 7 ! Is there any way to get unstuck ? all previous suggestions have failed !

Hoping on a quick solution of this problem,

• ragestroke008ragestroke008 Member Posts: 203 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Visiting the Bridge then Exiting Tactical view has usually worked for me. If that doesn't work, try visiting the Bridge then logging out.

Seems to be just the random Exploration missions so far. Haven't had the problem with story, patrols or any of the pre-set (satellite repair, deuterium tanks, etc) maps.
    Time is a funny thing; There is always too much of it. Except when you need it the most, then there is never enough.
  • captwinters1701captwinters1701 Member Posts: 1,515 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    My Character Misa Hayase and her away team (along with several others in zone chat) would appreciate some help getting out of this Blue Matrix (aka Emptymap #2)

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8491/8297546219_ef30a93bc3_o.jpg
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • brigadooombrigadooom Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    My Character Misa Hayase and her away team (along with several others in zone chat) would appreciate some help getting out of this Blue Matrix (aka Emptymap #2)

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8491/8297546219_ef30a93bc3_o.jpg

Use an episode transwarp (i.e Night of the Comet, and TW to Eta Eridani).
    ----
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • captwinters1701captwinters1701 Member Posts: 1,515 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Transwarp doesn't work when in Away Team mode, but going to the Bridge, and then leaving the bridge seems to work, although your game may crash shortly thereafter
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • burningstarburningstar Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    While doing exploration dailies, i got into Empty map, faling for over 3-4 min until i hit "ground". that happand already to 3 of my toons, and there is no way out, you cant beam up. even logging out and in after more then half hour didnt got me out of there.
  • burningstarburningstar Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    jsu found out way out, accept some of episode missions and transwarp to it.