test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

STO Gateway is Now Available

pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
We are proud to announce that the beta of the STO Gateway is now available on Holodeck! Read more for full details.

Click here to read more.
Post edited by pwebranflakes on

Comments

• Options
    tarsudotarsudo Member Posts: 343 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Nice!!! good notice!! :):)
  • Options
    thestormsongthestormsong Member Posts: 78 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    For some reason it says my active spaceship is my shuttle - although I am currently in
    my freighter :confused: I noticed this on my character selection screen in game too -
    anything I can do to change it?

Joined in March, 2011. Lifer since December, 2011.
  • Options
    dontdrunkimshootdontdrunkimshoot Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    cool, went through and looked at everything and it worked nice and smooth. cant wait for doffing to be added to this, hope its posible
  • Options
    pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
    edited December 2012
    For some reason it says my active spaceship is my shuttle - although I am currently in
    my freighter :confused: I noticed this on my character selection screen in game too -

I'll add this to the "known issues" section in the feedback and bugs threads -- a fix is in the pipeline that will have the Gateway always show your ship.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
  • Options
    thay8472thay8472 Member Posts: 6,101 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    although i'll never use this.. it looks pretty cool :D
    2gdi5w4mrudm.png
    Typhoon Class please!
  • Options
    walshicuswalshicus Member Posts: 1,314 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Doesn't work on Internet Explorer 10.
    http://mmo-economics.com - analysing the economic interactions in MMOs.
  • Options
    theparanoidtheparanoid Member Posts: 94 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    When you look at the ship it shows all your bridge officer skills of the equiped officer but gives no indication on what allow on that ship do to bridge officer seating.
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    walshicus wrote: »
    Doesn't work on Internet Explorer 10.

Exactly, but that says here neither IE version work with this plataform
  • Options
    kaiserkactokaiserkacto Member Posts: 482 Arc User
    edited December 2012

According to the Gateway i'm flying a peregrine fighter with SIX bridge stations

http://imageshack.us/f/51/stations.png/
    "In every age,
    In every place,
    The deeds of men remain the same..."
    12701.png
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    i believe that happen because your (and one of mine a D'kora) dont show too... that's ship are in lock box... maybe that is the reason
  • Options
    rakhohl#4803 rakhohl Member Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    I think this is a good start and I look forward to it expanding with Doffs and Reputation. I would love to be able to kick off rep missions from anywhere.

I do have two problems. It shows a character that I don't have and have never had, as far as I know. It is certainly not in my current list of toons.

The other issue is that it shows none of my personal equipment on my Captain Profile. Sheilds, armor, kit, weapon or devices are all blank.

It keeps up with the changes to my Boffs and ship very well and, of course, it looks really slick!

Thanks for putting this together!
    lljAN7v.png
  • Options
    voyagerfan9751voyagerfan9751 Member Posts: 1,120 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    I am glad this is out on holodeck. granted it currently has limited functionality, but hopefully it will have more added to it over time.

btw, did I read this right and we can change our captain/boff's equipment in Gateway? or is it just viewing equipment/stats?
  • Options
    mikeward1701mikeward1701 Member Posts: 277 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    I discovered it was online on Friday.

Was playing around on my iPad while watching the TNG Season 1 bluray, just removed the "test" from the URL and it worked.
    Fleet Admiral Ward
    Commander, Starfleet Corps of Engineers • 7th Fleet
    Commanding Officer, U.S.S. HEART OF OAK • NX-1759-B • Odyssey class Star Cruiser ( Lexington Tactical Configuration)
    )
    (Steam - feel free to follow/friend me : )
  • Options
    rifter1969rifter1969 Member Posts: 654 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Nice!

I went into it, and I found something rather odd, it listed a character that I deleted months a go.

I don't mind, but that toon was removed back May or June of 2012.. hmmm?

But all in all, rather nice! Great job! :D
  • Options
    diotwdiotw Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Looks very cool! I'm also looking forward to being able to run of DOFF assignments through my phone as well, so hopefully that's some content that will be added to the page soon.

Couple of questions regarding the Gateway though, firstly, are there any plans to make an app version of this, rather than just having to go through my phone's web browser? Secondly, will we be able to share our Gateway content with friends, for instance, being able to link them to our Captain or ship profiles?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    This character is why I don't play my Romulan any more. Tovan Khev is NOT my BFF! Get him off my bridge!
  • Options
    penguin44ca1penguin44ca1 Member Posts: 84 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Was able to get in using my android phone. Selected my character but then the loading the command console comes up and then hangs. I can't get past this.
  • Options
    darkenzedddarkenzedd Member Posts: 881
    edited December 2012
    Looks very slick. Cannot wait until doffing is added!
  • Options
    felderburgfelderburg Member Posts: 853 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    You're still not able to choose what rank your character displays at.

You still have to return to the main screen to go to other sections. Starting from the main screen, if I want to check accolades and then my ship systems, it's Accolades - > Main Screen -> Ship Systems (-> Main Screen -> anything else again). There should be a navigation bar at the top or bottom with links to the three main sections (Personnel, Ship, and Accolades).

When will we be able to view other captains' profiles, like we could with the old character profiles?

I just discovered that clicking a portrait of a BO in the Ship Systems screen takes you to an info tab. That's cool.

The accolades, much like the in game UI, should be able to be viewed or collapsed by category.
  • Options
    mrkollinsmrkollins Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Yay! .
    Division Hispana
    www.divisionhispana.com
  • Options
    dirlettiadirlettia Member Posts: 1,632 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Yay, but why does my kdf captain have 90 points in Diplomacy?

Still waiting to be able to use forum titles
  • Options
    matthian1701matthian1701 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    The bridge officer viewer is AWESOME :D

edit: I think the boff viewer has a limit - I have a ton of boffs and it's not showing them all. Still, awesome!
  • Options
    mirai222mirai222 Member Posts: 337 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Eh. I still can't past the login screen with either Internet Explorer or Chrome. The login screen still says beta, so I assume there's still a lot of work to do.
  • Options
    zeuxidemus001zeuxidemus001 Member Posts: 3,357 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    I am wondering if the usefulness of this is more than just something to further addiction to those who are employed so they can look at their STO characters while at work lol.
  • Options
    allyoftheforceallyoftheforce Member Posts: 735 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Can I use this on my Vita?
  • Options
    truewarpertruewarper Member Posts: 928 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Under maintainence and there are security sign-in issues *no secure protection when signing in*
    52611496918_3c42b8bab8.jpg
    Departing from Sol *Earth* by Carlos A Smith,on Flickr
    SPACE---The Last and Great Frontier. A 14th-year journey
    Vna res, una mens, unum cor et anima una. Cetera omnia, somnium est.
  • Options
    felderburgfelderburg Member Posts: 853 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Is it just me, or is there no sound?

My character's "full name" is their display name, whereas their actual full name (1st, middle last) is displayed below the picture.

We really need the option to have our BOs use the MACO uniforms. Even though in game my BOs have the MACO visuals, they're displayed in Gateway with their regular uniform.

There should be a way to edit biographies if you so desire.
    truewarper wrote: »
    Under maintainence and there are security sign-in issues *no secure protection when signing in*

I had to enter my password, and use the cryptic account guard thingy that sent a code to my email.
  • Options
    nikodas#4667 nikodas Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    The Gateway is very kewl, but I wanted to ask for a couple additional features while it's still in development. Just to get this out of the way first; I did not read the entire thread before posting this, so if this has been brought up before I apologize.

First, we used to have access to our Logs on the webpage. Since that feature of the main site was removed I've missed not having access, and the ability to write logs, from outside the game. If this could be incorporated into the Gateway... I'd be extremely pleased.

Secondly, if we could have the ability to allow guests to view our Gateway that could be helpful too. Some of us spend a lot of time writing backgrounds and details about our captains and bridge officers, it would be very neat to have the ability to share that with other players. Granted, this type of guest access would have to be limited, we wouldn't want random people changing the stuff we'd written. I suppose it'd need to be closer to WoW's armory in that regard... still... something like this would be awesome.

That's all I've got at the moment. Thank you for the work you guys have done thus far. The Gateway is a neat feature.
  • Options
    chivalrybeanchivalrybean Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    truewarper wrote: »

Something loads using https, I looked at the source, but it's isn't clear what bit of the page it is.

You can always add the https: in front to be safe, but if it automatically did that (redirected page if not there already) it would be more obvious.

Sending username and password unencrypted would make me rage ... and I don't rage!
    Chewson Pwan - VA
    S.S. Doff Lundgren
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    atseearratseearr Member Posts: 66 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    I'll add this to the "known issues" section in the feedback and bugs threads -- a fix is in the pipeline that will have the Gateway always show your ship.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

This problem exists in-game, too. When you click 'info' on someone, it often shows their active shuttle, even if they're in a starship.
  • Options
    birdofprey17birdofprey17 Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Looks great !! I did notice that one of the characters I created on Tribble is appearing as an extra character on Holodeck in Gateway. This may be why there are some reports of people having characters that they don't remember having or deleted - they got transferred from Tribble.