test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Away teams randomly vanishing and then falling from 150+ meters

2»

Comments

• amahoodamahood Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Try a publish and see if that fixes it. AFAIK the issue with preview is the lack of pathing data. For some reason NPCs are having their coordinates get reset to 0/0/0. This causes them to disappear at random, sometimes for identifiable reasons, sometimes not....

Well, I published my "Long Lost Friend 2", and played it in the game itself, (played the published version), and I'm pleased to say You Are CORRECT!!!!

The only thing that doesn't happen is sound effects when the main character bashes a generator with his fists in the mission, but that's ok.

The main greatness is that, You are Right!!

The area, in the borg cube, where the enemies usually dissappear in the foundry test, work as it should normally!!!! in the Published version!

Yaay!
  • d3cubedd3cubed Member Posts: 91 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    I've been having a problem like this is space where my mobs (usually re-skinned ones) randomly transfer to the bottom of the middle of the map
    I support Handsome Phaser Guy
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • flyntdoublebrookflyntdoublebrook Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    kirksplat wrote: »
    I've been testing this on maps, and nearly every interior that I've tested is bugged. Your boffs quickly disappear, sometimes forever, and other times they relocate to a spot in the black of the map.

They just vanish, which means that we cannot test combat. If I knew more about the tech, I'd say for certain that there is some kind of bug that is spreading and getting worse. The exteriors, so far, seem better than the interiors, but most of the interior.s.. the boffs are just ghosts. They vanish, seemingly at random.

Sometimes they respawn briefly somewhere else but most of the time they seem to die, leaving you friendless.

Just to add my $0.02, I have experienced this as well with several maps, in particular Borg Interior 1 and Borg Interior 2. If BOFFs run into any object--mostly walls, but really any immovable object, they keep running until they despawn to another part of the map. Even inserting invisible walls in the way of gaps in the walls doesn't prevent this.

Thanks.
  • idhrennielleidhrennielle Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    d3cubed wrote: »
    I've been having a problem like this is space where my mobs (usually re-skinned ones) randomly transfer to the bottom of the middle of the map

I've been having the same problem where mobs and security guys just disappear or transfer. The strange thing is that for me it's the ones that aren't re-skinned that usually have problems.

Occasionally one of the people will stay behind when the rest of the mob transfers/disappears.
  • crypticfrostcrypticfrost Member Posts: 1,479 Cryptic Developer
    edited January 2013
    The general NPC and critter wonkiness is known, documented in the database and on the list to be fixed. The initial feeling was that it was just the lack of pathing info, but getting some good repro cases resulted in a re-assesment.
    STO QA Team
  • sean2448sean2448 Member Posts: 815 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Reman elite also vanish
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,236 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    The general NPC and critter wonkiness is known, documented in the database and on the list to be fixed. The initial feeling was that it was just the lack of pathing info, but getting some good repro cases resulted in a re-assesment.
    One interesting tidbit I noticed recently is that it does NOT happen in the Argelius II interior map.

But some other maps they'll disappear almost immediately.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • psycoticvulcanpsycoticvulcan Member Posts: 4,160 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Tholian and Borg Ensigns despawn as well. And pretty much all NPC ships unexpectedly warp to around 20 km away upon entering combat.
    NJ9oXSO.png
    "Critics who say that the optimistic utopia Star Trek depicted is now outmoded forget the cultural context that gave birth to it: Star Trek was not a manifestation of optimism when optimism was easy. Star Trek declared a hope for a future that nobody stuck in the present could believe in. For all our struggles today, we haven’t outgrown the need for stories like Star Trek. We need tales of optimism, of heroes, of courage and goodness now as much as we’ve ever needed them."
    -Thomas Marrone
  • lolimpicardlolimpicard Member Posts: 309
    edited January 2013

Heheh, yes, it is known.
    From my experience they sort of "fall through the floor" - sometimes on beam-in.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    He's dead, Jim.
  • solonitesolonite Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Has anyone found any fixes to this cause I made a project when foundry first came out and it's pretty much finished but I left the game for a while and now I am back I like to finish it and publish but when I re-run the project to test how much much I done I have problems with the ground missions.

My away team seems to disappear to some other part of the map and some enemy NPC's fall through the floor. I am using starship interior maps, it was working before but now season 7 is here it's not working.

I don't know if I have to restart the project again or not.
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,236 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    try a test publish and see if it works then. that usually works.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
This discussion has been closed.