test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Constructive feedback on Q's Winter Wonderland

Comments

• vengefuldjinnvengefuldjinn Member Posts: 1,521 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    How about adding a snowball PVP match that goes toward your PVP daily dilithium missions ?

Or repeatable missions for Omega, Romulan and fleet marks?

I would LOVE a few easter eggs to hunt in them woods and mountains too.

Maybe even add exchange/mail/ship selector hubs while the event is live, so people would go there while the event is live just to do their normal business.

I would LOVE to see the map lit up at night too :D

Maybe have a mission where your fleet can decorate a tree, (maybe a contest) and have a replica of that tree go on your starbase too for the duration of the event.
    Then we can view the trees the various fleets decorated when we visit.

Maybe some Klingon carolers ? Just throwin ideas out.
    tumblr_o2aau3b7nh1rkvl19o1_400.gif

• hroothvitnirhroothvitnir Member Posts: 322
    edited December 2012
    Ice boots on the lake are far more entertaining than such a simple thing should be.

So for next year, make an ice track around the outside of the area and have it play in an "Excitebike style" call it the fast and the flurrious II for laughs.
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,236 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Ice boots on the lake are far more entertaining than such a simple thing should be.

So for next year, make an ice track around the outside of the area and have it play in an "Excitebike style" call it the fast and the flurrious II for laughs.
    Oooh! a frozen River! and maybe a skatable waterfall?
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • fovrelfovrel Member Posts: 1,448 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    I can agree with the OP, but there is more.

The group race. There is a cheat/short cut, but when everybody does it, it is still a group race. However at the end you have to grab a flag. It seems the flags for second and third spawn behind each other. I was second and got a third flag, got third but was second placed, fourth and got a third flag. So at the end of the race there is a little lottery. Probably a real Q-thing, but I would like a line and first is first, second second etc.

It would also be nice if there was an NPC that tells you next race is in ... minutes. Often I am at the other end of the map and have to race to the starting zone; a mini game in itself.

The snowman fight. A lot of fun, yet I have problems with the ammo. I have my personel inventory slots assigned to the action bar. When the snowbals begin to melt, you cannot use them. I grab new snowballs, open the the inventory window, remove the old ones, put the fresh one in the right slot, assign it to the action bar, locking and unlocking the bar. It is not so user friendly. A real snowfight is a lot easier. If there is snow of course.

Also, sometimes I am not in time for the show. Some players have these guns and the snow man goes down very fast. It would be nice if players could trigger the event.

Finally, there is a text on the banner at the entrance of Q's tent. I don't think that it is the right text.

BTW, the action/toolbar hassle is not something exclusive for this events. For me it seems they have a mind of there own.
  • atomictikiatomictiki Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    "Ski slopes" or, rather Sliding slopes.

CoH did it and it was fun.
    Leave nerfing to the professionals.
  • edna#7310 edna Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Hehe.... the STF horde can now get their fill of Rum and Nog! Yeah, people ate it up last year for the stat boost effect. :) It was selling for impressive prices in November.

lol I only used that to get the winter tribble .Thanks for the tip :D
  • lordmalak1lordmalak1 Member Posts: 4,681 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    HEY NOW- Frosted boots should have their own visual model instead of frosting my own boots. I was hoping for a fashion accessory instead of my own boots, smoking.
    KBF Lord MalaK
    Awoken Dead
    giphy.gif

Now shaddup about the queues, it's a BUG
    edited December 2012
    Oooh... here's a fun idea! Winter Wonderland kits! Snow grenades for Tacs, Snowball launcher turrets for Eng, and something for Scis... Maybe a hotchocolate dispenser that lets you unfreeze peeps that got hit with too many snowballs?
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
  • mjaymor78mjaymor78 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    I like the improvements from last year. Very good job on the area Crytpic, but I wish there was more to do besides dig thru snow piles, snow ball fight every half hour, and races.

Wishlist:
    1. Replayable long race.
    2. Snowball fights every 15 minutes.
    3. Down hill skiing (skiboards or skis) Competitive and non.
    4. Make the map area 2 times larger.
    5. Competitive and non competitive bobsled.
    6. Curling
    7. Hockey
    8. Ice Fishing
    9. Capture the Flag (You get hit with snowballs to much back to your base.)
    10. Ski jumping
    11. Speed Skating
    12. Cross Country Skiing
  • senshibat01senshibat01 Member Posts: 11,292 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    The snowball do not auto slot in a free space and set to an assigned slot on tool bar for powers

They should being ambushed by this and trying to shuffle items to get it to work did not
    so you kill more time then necessary trying to dodge snowballs and hit p key..

often the power would not show up on tool bar and you had to waste more time manually doing this task then necessary taking fun out of this otherwise nice idea.

Sometiems the snowballs would show up after being put on an open slot other times they would not.. i would shuffle tribbles and it would not take the change as a usable consumable.. so its frustrating but not a breaker liek the sound bug last year.. the decorations and pavilian are nice additions..
    the snowball fights a great thing when it works.. the Overlord did seae tougher tonight
    but a hard fought victory for last years gift items was fine..
    ITEM Two Original track race
    Last year ran most of my toons through this for accolade..

>Prize was random holiday gifts redeemable in combinations to get the ice boots or scarf and other items..

Prize this year 40 autographs per race towards 1000 total needed for BReen ship..

Today i ran my Federation representive a Vulcan TAC 10 times not one single success.
    previous to this day i had 120 or 3 days of racing autographs..
    todays AI showign up every race with perfect running has ruined the effort to show up at all for it

makign it lessl ikley we gain a fun ship.. last year we recived the Connie as a gift and its a nice ship pefect for tis c-store interior pack.. as a holiday good cheer item. . The Breen ship concepts a big prize too.. the over all as set as a nice doable 1000 autographs.. working some optional gaithering remedy maybe next year as a back up plan could help.. tnx
    e81d2f2c7ce74e61cba28154fcac4cc2.jpg
    Tsuki ni Kawatte Oshioki Yo
    edited December 2012
    My tips for beating the AI in a foot race:
    1: walking is good, but run into the straight parts.

2: it's mainly the center of the track that's slick. there are certain spots where you can run along the edge to avoid the slickness.

3: if you want to turn qucikly let off moving forward while you turn. turn while still sliding in your original direction then start moving in your new direction. I like to do bursts of running here. Usually just bursts though.

In case you're wondering, I have 9 chars with 240 pictures of Q each....
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
  • psycoticvulcanpsycoticvulcan Member Posts: 4,160 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    My tips for beating the AI in a foot race:
    1: walking is good, but run into the straight parts.

2: it's mainly the center of the track that's slick. there are certain spots where you can run along the edge to avoid the slickness.

3: if you want to turn qucikly let off moving forward while you turn. turn while still sliding in your original direction then start moving in your new direction. I like to do bursts of running here. Usually just bursts though.

In case you're wondering, I have 9 chars with 240 pictures of Q each....

Another tip I've noticed is that when you roll, you're immune to the sliding. Useful for quick turns.
    NJ9oXSO.png
    "Critics who say that the optimistic utopia Star Trek depicted is now outmoded forget the cultural context that gave birth to it: Star Trek was not a manifestation of optimism when optimism was easy. Star Trek declared a hope for a future that nobody stuck in the present could believe in. For all our struggles today, we haven’t outgrown the need for stories like Star Trek. We need tales of optimism, of heroes, of courage and goodness now as much as we’ve ever needed them."
    -Thomas Marrone
  • toivatoiva Member Posts: 3,276 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Another tip I've noticed is that when you roll, you're immune to the sliding. Useful for quick turns.

If you run, cut the corners (most of them have large zones around still considered part of the track).

When you're in trouble (sliding away from the track) roll back in.

You should have no problem winning even if you let the AI before you mid-track. (You realistically can catch up with the AI of the player starting before you.)

Another tip: If you want to slide less, make Q transform you in something small (My Gorn slides the most, btw.).
    TOIVA, Toi Vaxx, Toia Vix, Toveg, T'vritha, To Vrax: Bring in the Allegiance class.
    Toi'Va, Ti'vath, Toivia, Ty'Vris, Tia Vex, Toi'Virth: Add Tier 6 KDF Carrier and Raider.
    Tae'Va, T'Vaya, To'Var, Tevra, T'Vira, To'Vrak: Give us Asylums for Romulans.

Don't make ARC mandatory! Keep it optional only!
  • notapwefannotapwefan Member Posts: 1,138 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    I usually throw snowballs on fed players racing against NPC or racing against other klingon players, just to annoy the hell out of them
    Grinding for MkIV epic gear?
    Ain't Nobody Got Time for That

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • toivatoiva Member Posts: 3,276 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    notapwefan wrote: »
    I usually throw snowballs on fed players racing against NPC or racing against other klingon players, just to annoy the hell out of them

Thankfully this has no effect, or does it?
    TOIVA, Toi Vaxx, Toia Vix, Toveg, T'vritha, To Vrax: Bring in the Allegiance class.
    Toi'Va, Ti'vath, Toivia, Ty'Vris, Tia Vex, Toi'Virth: Add Tier 6 KDF Carrier and Raider.
    Tae'Va, T'Vaya, To'Var, Tevra, T'Vira, To'Vrak: Give us Asylums for Romulans.

Don't make ARC mandatory! Keep it optional only!
  • luxchristianluxchristian Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    toiva wrote: »
    Thankfully this has no effect, or does it?

Except for a knockdown and possibly loss of the race? No, nothing :rolleyes:

Honorless spacedogs :P
  • drowrulesupremedrowrulesupreme Member Posts: 692 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    As an accolade junky I like the fact that there are at least 4 (I think 5) to get in QWW.
    I wouldn't mind some ice-fishing next year, or a ski jump with awards for where you land/how far you go.
    The winter tribble AoE is nice, like a little snowglobe at the academy.
    I like the coats, a lot! Scarves are actually cooler on the KDF side IMHO but none of my Klinks would be seen dead in a scarf so that's a shame.
    I would like to see named snowman bosses, like in fleet starbase defense missions, and you need to collect all 5. You know, like Frosty, Slushy, Snow of 9 or something like that.
    Maybe, instead of a tribble, we could get a magic snowglobe that has weird effects so the KDF don't carry a stripey furrball around all the time.
    Also, I want a snowscape melee weapon - Giant Candy Cane! Acts like a lirpa/sword/batleth but only works against snowmen. Would look funny carrying a giant candy cane on my back.:D
    "...we are far more united and have far more in common with each other than the things that divide us.”
    Jo Cox 22.6.1974 - 16.6.2016

• z69evermoonz69evermoon Member Posts: 91 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    The issue I have with Q wonderland. is the rato: of Bells to beads is fubar.

I have 23 Uncommon Bells and 1 Uncommon Bajor Bead.

You cant buy anything with uncommon Bells except unmelting Snowballs that I dont need and frosted boots that I all ready have.

12 to 1 rato of bells over beads. That makes them ultra rare in my book. Everything needs beads to buy costumes, weapons all the good stuff yet you cant get any.

People are jumping the cliff still in the Epho race.

Its a lot of fun Q wonderland but there some issues this year that make not so great.

Then you have the autograph's that you cant get right now because the server is down for 3 hours this morning. The window for getting the breen ship is so small any server down time effects it.
  • derrico1derrico1 Member Posts: 281 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    as for the race to gain q's picture how about racing against multi npc's in order to gain rewards the more npc's you race the grater the reward as long as you finish first place that is .. and as for the pvp race too many jumping off cliff to win not following track force us to go around the track to grab the flag and rewards based on how many players in the race that makes it more fun too...
    edited December 2012
    Except for a knockdown and possibly loss of the race? No, nothing :rolleyes:

Honorless spacedogs :P

Ya, I need seatbelts for my chair because I fall out of it laughing at the snowball knockdown.

Q needs to keep this winter wonderland open year round, just to entertain peeps like me.
    :D
    KBF Lord MalaK
    Awoken Dead
    giphy.gif

edited December 2012
    The issue I have with Q wonderland. is the rato: of Bells to beads is fubar.

I have 23 Uncommon Bells and 1 Uncommon Bajor Bead.

You cant buy anything with uncommon Bells except unmelting Snowballs that I dont need and frosted boots that I all ready have.

12 to 1 rato of bells over beads. That makes them ultra rare in my book. Everything needs beads to buy costumes, weapons all the good stuff yet you cant get any.

People are jumping the cliff still in the Epho race.

Its a lot of fun Q wonderland but there some issues this year that make not so great.

Then you have the autograph's that you cant get right now because the server is down for 3 hours this morning. The window for getting the breen ship is so small any server down time effects it.
    You're just unlucky.... that's part of why they can be traded now. My haul has been much more well balanced.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
  • derrico1derrico1 Member Posts: 281 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    lordmalak1 wrote: »

Q needs to keep this winter wonderland open year round, just to entertain peeps like me.
    :D

add this to andoria be another great social zone since you cant do anything there but walk around
  • marc8219marc8219 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    I don't find it very fun at all, more of a grind. I go there each day on my characters I want the Breen ship on then leave. I am glad that they added the Breen ship, but don't have a use for anything else that can be acquired there. Non-Combat pets? no thanks don't need those taking up precious inventory space non-combat and pet are words I never want to see together. Winter clothes, not really interested in it enough to warrant digging around in snow for hours or fighting snowmen.
    Tala -KDF Tac- House of Beautiful Orions
    edited December 2012
    marc8219 wrote: »
    I don't find it very fun at all, more of a grind. I go there each day on my characters I want the Breen ship on then leave. I am glad that they added the Breen ship, but don't have a use for anything else that can be acquired there. Non-Combat pets? no thanks don't need those taking up precious inventory space non-combat and pet are words I never want to see together. Winter clothes, not really interested in it enough to warrant digging around in snow for hours or fighting snowmen.

If you try to have fun instead of grind you may actually enjoy it. Thats the best part of QWW, an escape from the normal trek themed games in STO.

Try the the snowball fights, I triple dog dare ya.
    KBF Lord MalaK
    Awoken Dead
    giphy.gif

• starmanjstarmanj Member Posts: 718 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    I think Q's Winter Wounderland is Great this year and the added snowball fights was a good surprize. Aslo a good break from the game. I am enjoing it.:;)
    edited December 2012
    If you try to have fun instead of grind you may actually enjoy it. Thats the best part of QWW, an escape from the normal trek themed games in STO.

Try the the snowball fights, I triple dog dare ya.

I did, not very fun when everyone with the snowball gun hogs all the kills, making it harder to get the items to get said snowball gun.
    edited December 2012
    I did, not very fun when everyone with the snowball gun hogs all the kills, making it harder to get the items to get said snowball gun.

When you go to QWW change instance to an unpopulated one. By the time the rescue party arrives with their guns your arm would've killed dozens of snowmen, and you'll get more loot. Besides, 20 snowball fights are worth 10 accolade points. I'll check my extra loot, maybe I'll gift you a gun just so you can get as relaxed playing STO as I've gotten lately.
    :)
    KBF Lord MalaK
    Awoken Dead
    giphy.gif

edited December 2012
    When you go to QWW change instance to an unpopulated one. By the time the rescue party arrives with their guns your arm would've killed dozens of snowmen, and you'll get more loot. Besides, 20 snowball fights are worth 10 accolade points. I'll check my extra loot, maybe I'll gift you a gun just so you can get as relaxed playing STO as I've gotten lately.
    :)

Ok only if you really have extra you won't miss. should be in game in about an hour and will be on for a few hours after that if you want to message me. Handle is forum name. Thanks for help.
    edited December 2012
    Ok only if you really have extra you won't miss. should be in game in about an hour and will be on for a few hours after that if you want to message me. Handle is forum name. Thanks for help.

I'm at work, wont be home for another 6 hours, maybe we could try then ?
    KBF Lord MalaK
    Awoken Dead
    giphy.gif

• voyagerfan9751voyagerfan9751 Member Posts: 1,120 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Also, I want a snowscape melee weapon - Giant Candy Cane! Acts like a lirpa/sword/batleth but only works against snowmen. Would look funny carrying a giant candy cane on my back.:D

rofl, This. Cryptic make it happen, if not this year then the next. I want to beat snowmen senseless with a Giant Candy Cane.

The window for the breen ship isn't that small, even with the maintenance. Granted I might have more time open then others, but i was able to get authographs for all 14 of my alts before maintenance even began, no problem.