test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Sadly some of my Toons will NOT get the free ship!

2»

Comments

• hippiejonhippiejon Member Posts: 1,581 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    fOR ALL those having trouble with the race.
    I can confirm that having Q change you into a different race that has better traction or something helps. Just ran , um excuse me, floated/flew through the race as a Devidian. Boy it was nice to not be slipping on any ice :) Easily my best time today.
  • bortjinxbortjinx Member Posts: 397
    edited December 2012
    hippiejon wrote: »
    fOR ALL those having trouble with the race.
    I can confirm that having Q change you into a different race that has better traction or something helps. Just ran , um excuse me, floated/flew through the race as a Devidian. Boy it was nice to not be slipping on any ice :) Easily my best time today.

Hippiejon, that's genius :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • squidheadjaxsquidheadjax Member Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Meh, I'll snag the winter coats off the exchange when the supply picks up.
    SQUIRREL!
  • bitemepwebitemepwe Member Posts: 6,760 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    How are you all failing?

Running off the course?

Its not as if anyone is racing you on the first simple race that pits you against no one.

The PvP raceis the toughie.
    Leonard Nimoy, Spock.....:(

R.I.P
  • neoakiraiineoakiraii Member Posts: 7,468 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Meh, I'll snag the winter coats off the exchange when the supply picks up.

The races have nothing to do with the Winter jackets.
    GwaoHAD.png
  • hippiejonhippiejon Member Posts: 1,581 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    bortjinx wrote: »
    Hippiejon, that's genius :D

Couple more "tips" :

You can 'jump the gun' on the start and your opponent never will (from what I have seen).
    Do this at a sprint and drop into a jog in any form, and just jog the whole thing using the already mentioned tips above in the thread. Easy Win.

If you choose to be a Devidian :

Can't sprint ever or you drop to the ice (Can still jump the gun), and there is some "slipping" but it's FAR easier than trying to run on the ice. No control issues whatsoever. Easiest I have tried. 4 of 6 toons so far.

Regarding being a different race :

Had Q change me, dropped into the Wonderland, strait to the coordinator, strait away to the race, managed to finish the race and get 10 steps from turning in my win by the time I changed back.

I will continue to share any other tips I find.

Also in regards to gathering all the collectibles.
    Bortoicus told us all we need to know.

Snowman Fight ,
    - every 30 minutes (Top and Middle of hour)
    - Collectibles

PvP race
    - 4 times per hour (15,22,45, and 52 minutes after the top of each hour)
    - Winter Epoh Tags

The daily 'race' takes a run or 2 to figure out, and we're starting to see hints and tips here on the board. If I had thought about it, I could have found all I needed to know without trial and error.

Winter Event equals lots of silly fun, and a very generous and giving atmosphere from Cryptic in earning the items through play, and also providing the ability to just buy it, if the player is so inclined.

Overall, really big, enthusiastic thumbs up from this cynical old hippie.

Winter Event Rocks.
  • squidheadjaxsquidheadjax Member Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    neoakiraii wrote: »
    The races have nothing to do with the Winter jackets.

I think I may have accidentally replied to the wrong thread.

Still, nothing about the Wonderland actually strikes me as fun, including the race, so I'm not bothering with any of it.
    SQUIRREL!
  • erraberrab Member Posts: 1,434 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    captrott1 wrote: »
    Well, they will say that there is an alternative in place if you miss a day and that is to use lobi to purchase the autographs. With the rubberbanding i was experiencing, i do not plan to do this for any of my characters. The ship isnt really something I am interested in.

You must not have ran the race last year, the track did not change and the same tricks still work this time around.

I ran the race 7 times last night an won all 7 times and was done in about 20 mins.

All you need to do is use the full sprint with the jump stop trick.

If you start to lose controll on the track just hit jump and do not touch your movement keys and you will come to a complete stop with no sliding.

You can sprint the long streches of the track to do distance between the NPC and use the jump stop when you have to make the harder turns and cut corners on some parts of the track.

Granted they did make the NPC run a bit faster this year but I was still able to leave them in the dust.

Good Luck to you!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]