Install Arc
Options

Garbage in the Device slots

13»

Comments

• Options
    foundrelicfoundrelic Member Posts: 1,380 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    In my opinion there are only three Devices currently worthwhile.

Deuterium

Red Matter Capacitor

Prototype Jevonite Hardpoints.
  • Options
    hereticknight085hereticknight085 Member Posts: 3,783 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    foundrelic wrote: »
    In my opinion there are only three Devices currently worthwhile.

Deuterium

Red Matter Capacitor

Prototype Jevonite Hardpoints.

Um... Subspace Field Modulator?
    It is said the best weapon is one that is never fired. I disagree. The best weapon is one you only have to fire... once. B)
  • Options
    foundrelicfoundrelic Member Posts: 1,380 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Having never used it It did not factor into my opinion.
  • Options
    hereticknight085hereticknight085 Member Posts: 3,783 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    foundrelic wrote: »
    Having never used it It did not factor into my opinion.

Try it. You will definitely enjoy it. You can get it from the Eta Eridani Sector block, Donatu System, "Skirmish" mission.
    It is said the best weapon is one that is never fired. I disagree. The best weapon is one you only have to fire... once. B)
  • Options
    alexindcobraalexindcobra Member Posts: 608
    edited December 2012
    The good batteries are not common and you have to work hard to get them. Deuterium you have to complete a daily mission to get 4. Red Matter Capacitor, I got for buy my game with a certain package from a store. The Prototype Jovanite Hardpoints, I imagine comes from a rare duty officer mission. I only see those being sold at the Exchange.
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    reyan01 wrote: »
    The turrets are annoying - I do throw them out occasionally, but they don't even provide a reasonable distraction and the enemy only have to look at them to make them explode.

Laughable really - deployed the 'heavy antiproton' variant against the Borg in both ISE and HSE and the Borg thought it so insignificant that they didn't even take the time/energy to blow it up.

Lol. I'm laughing. :D
  • Options
    whamhammer1whamhammer1 Member Posts: 2,290 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    The good batteries are not common and you have to work hard to get them. Deuterium you have to complete a daily mission to get 4. Red Matter Capacitor, I got for buy my game with a certain package from a store. The Prototype Jovanite Hardpoints, I imagine comes from a rare duty officer mission. I only see those being sold at the Exchange.

+75 batteries are nothing to laugh at. I pretty much have the standard size shield batteries as a staple and it works for me just fine. The Deut' tanks are an easy mission to finish, I have about 50 tanks in reserve on every toon. Sub space modulator is in "Skirimish" and is an easy mission to finish and it works great in conjunction with shield batteries.
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    reyan01 wrote: »
    The turrets are annoying - I do throw them out occasionally, but they don't even provide a reasonable distraction and the enemy only have to look at them to make them explode.

Laughable really - deployed the 'heavy antiproton' variant against the Borg in both ISE and HSE and the Borg thought it so insignificant that they didn't even take the time/energy to blow it up.

Its one weapon per turret, if you have a bunch of ships with 6-8 weapons on them, of course its going to be ignored. Its designed to augment your dps in a fixed area.
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    Its one weapon per turret, if you have a bunch of ships with 6-8 weapons on them, of course its going to be ignored. Its designed to augment your dps in a fixed area.

Why don't you test it out against one opposing ship, say a friend, if you think turrets are so great. It don't take more than firing two beam shost to destroy it and one torpedo will blow it away by itself.
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    Why don't you test it out against one opposing ship, say a friend, if you think turrets are so great. It don't take more than firing two beam shost to destroy it and one torpedo will blow it away by itself.

I already know how the turrets work (on both giving and getting siddes). I never said it was "great", I said they had a purpose. They temporarily add firepower/weapons that can be used in an area, that's all they should be. Devices shouldn't be very powerful, they should just add to a ships viability, not spike the viability to "uber" range. And its not like one faction has better devices than the other does, they're all the same, and on even terms. Having more device slots leaves more options to make use of.

If some fool wants to target a turret over me or an ally, so much the better for my side. If they pop during an FAW/Torpedo Volley, not a big deal, toss another one out.

If ship devices were the biggest complaint I had about this game, I would take that in a heartbeat.
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    I already know how the turrets work (on both giving and getting siddes). I never said it was "great", I said they had a purpose. They temporarily add firepower/weapons that can be used in an area, that's all they should be. Devices shouldn't be very powerful, they should just add to a ships viability, not spike the viability to "uber" range. And its not like one faction has better devices than the other does, they're all the same, and on even terms. Having more device slots leaves more options to make use of.

If some fool wants to target a turret over me or an ally, so much the better for my side. If they pop during an FAW/Torpedo Volley, not a big deal, toss another one out.

If ship devices were the biggest complaint I had about this game, I would take that in a heartbeat.

Well, fools are players and NPC's because they get targeted as soon as you drop them. It's like as soon as you drop it, BAM! It's blown away. If they garner that kind of attention then they need to be more durable to count as cover fire.
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    Well, fools are players and NPC's because they get targeted as soon as you drop them. It's like as soon as you drop it, BAM! It's blown away. If they garner that kind of attention then they need to be more durable to count as cover fire.

Hey, let 'em blast away, at least it isn't at me or my player friends. Thats a volley or two that we didn't take.
  • Options
    kagurazaka77kagurazaka77 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    I use a ton of Aux batteries, usually to first self heal myself (since that boosts the effectiveness of TSS and HE) and then kick in AtB before swinging around and enjoying the power boost I've now gotten to weapons, shields and engines.

I also use turrets, because why not. They're not that expensive and I claim them for the DXP for the commendation reports. If necessary I'll swap out for the dut or an engine battery so I can GTFO if I need to.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    500 years in the future and we still look like schmucks when getting our ID photos taken...