test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Garbage in the Device slots

alexindcobraalexindcobra Member Posts: 608
edited December 2012 in Federation Discussion
Why do Cryptic come up with these devices that fill up the slots and give you TRIBBLE performance?

The batteries that you have to buy or randomly earn in gameplay are generally useless. They do not boost your power levels enough to notice in performance. The Devs want you to waste poinst on you skill tree to make your batteries give better bonuses. That is the most Bull TRIBBLE I have ever seen. Why should you have to waste skill points to make consumables perform better, when those points can be used to give more power to your weapons, shields, engines, or auxillary power? When you use a shield battery, it don't give the same regeneration as EPS gives you, so you are not out of danger from being blown away by an enemy. The weapon battery works better than shield, but you don't need it if yours ship operates at 125 weapon's power. That would be a waste of device space. Auxillary battery boost moderately well but it doesn't boost your aux power better than EPA. More wasted device space.

The device that takes the cake are the satilite weapon platforms. They are called heavy satilite turrets but they don't deliver any heavy DPS output. They are not durable like the Enemy NPC versions that you have to fight against in Fleet Actions, where you fire all your weapons on it just to destroy one. These ones they give us are so weak, you shoot them once and they are gone. They have no impact on the battlefield other being and extra target. They are inaffective in PVE and they definately don't help in PVP. Why waste our device slots with more TRIBBLE that don't work? I don't even use the turret things anymore, I just sell them in Exchange. I don't know why people still buy them. Couldn't the DEVs given us consumable fighter hangers to use when we go up against mobs or carriers? At least the fighters had enough DPS to to help wear down the enemy's shields and they were a good target disstraction because you couldn't destroy all of them with one shot.
Post edited by alexindcobra on

Comments

• Options
    lordmalak1lordmalak1 Member Posts: 4,681 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    you dont slot your deuterium surplus ? Shame on you !
    KBF Lord MalaK
    Awoken Dead
    giphy.gif

Now shaddup about the queues, it's a BUG
  • Options
    adamkafeiadamkafei Member Posts: 6,539 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Couldn't the DEVs given us consumable fighter hangers to use when we go up against mobs or carriers? At least the fighters had enough DPS to to help wear down the enemy's shields and they were a good target disstraction because you couldn't destroy all of them with one shot.

Don't need the rest of the post, no-one forces you to use ship devices.

as for the bit I did quote...
    Sure... let's give carriers MORE spam! it's like carriers don't have enough spam already to produce TRIBBLE faster than 125 weapon power AND FAW2 AND EPt1W AND AP:B2 on a 6 beam cruiser can take down, oh no... we need to give them MORE spam... great idea...

And I thought you believed your Galaxy class was underpowered...
    ZiOfChe.png?1
  • Options
    bitemepwebitemepwe Member Posts: 6,760 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    I thought Batts gave a base +75 to power levels.
    I have no points in batteries and Im fairly certain the equipment info says that.

Dueterium is awesome for speed.

I do agree that the turrets pack no punch though for being disposable items.
    Leonard Nimoy, Spock.....:(

R.I.P
  • Options
    twg042370twg042370 Member Posts: 2,312 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    The OP has never heard of the concept of "by skin of your teeth".

You use them when everything else is on cooldown or has yet to recover from the energy drain and you're starting to hurt. They're Plan B. Don't rely on them and don't waste skill points either.
    <3
  • Options
    hereticknight085hereticknight085 Member Posts: 3,783 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Man... now I see why baudl just trolls you...

OOOK here we go. Subspace Field Modulator. Massive defensive bonus totally useless right? Deuterium Surplus. Massive movement speed and turn rate buff definitely useless. Large Batteries. That +100 power bonus is of course completely useless.

As for no consumable fighters? Yeah, those Scorpion Fighters from "The Vault" aren't consumable devices with decent DPS and help out in fights.

Seriously man, are you just troll-posting?
    It is said the best weapon is one that is never fired. I disagree. The best weapon is one you only have to fire... once. B)
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    Its been a while since I used those scorpians or Turrets. Momentary lapse of reason, do Tac buffs buff them as well?

R.I.P
  • Options
    andoriansrusandoriansrus Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    I use a stack of Weapons Batteries Aux Batteries and the Scorpions fighters I find all of that very useful for my playstyle....
    Major Xi'Zzin
    I.R.W. Raptor's Claw
    Storm Eagle Class Warbird Fleet Ha'feh
    I have never trusted humans, and I never will
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    lordmalak1 wrote: »
    you dont slot your deuterium surplus ? Shame on you !

notice, I didn't mention the deuterium.
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    adamkafei wrote: »
    Don't need the rest of the post, no-one forces you to use ship devices.

as for the bit I did quote...
    Sure... let's give carriers MORE spam! it's like carriers don't have enough spam already to produce TRIBBLE faster than 125 weapon power AND FAW2 AND EPt1W AND AP:B2 on a 6 beam cruiser can take down, oh no... we need to give them MORE spam... great idea...

And I thought you believed your Galaxy class was underpowered...

Remember the Scorpion fighters consumable that you used to get after completing the Vault mission? They were usable with any ship you fly. Did you skip that mission?
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    bitemepwe wrote: »
    I thought Batts gave a base +75 to power levels.
    I have no points in batteries and Im fairly certain the equipment info says that.

Dueterium is awesome for speed.

I do agree that the turrets pack no punch though for being disposable items.

no, the only give you a bonus if you power level was below 75.
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    twg042370 wrote: »
    The OP has never heard of the concept of "by skin of your teeth".

You use them when everything else is on cooldown or has yet to recover from the energy drain and you're starting to hurt. They're Plan B. Don't rely on them and don't waste skill points either.

Why would i use them if i'm not in cooldown?
  • Options
    gypsybladegypsyblade Member Posts: 730 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    RMC, SM are the staple on all my ships.

My science ships carries Aux Batteries for a quick boost

My Cruisers carry Deuterium and Weapon Batteries

You also get +75 regardless of your current powers levels, it just caps at 125.
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    Man... now I see why baudl just trolls you...

OOOK here we go. Subspace Field Modulator. Massive defensive bonus totally useless right? Deuterium Surplus. Massive movement speed and turn rate buff definitely useless. Large Batteries. That +100 power bonus is of course completely useless.

As for no consumable fighters? Yeah, those Scorpion Fighters from "The Vault" aren't consumable devices with decent DPS and help out in fights.

Seriously man, are you just troll-posting?

Listen genius, if it was bad, I would of had a complaint about it in this thread. Think outside the box for once. The fighters you use to get from the Vault were consumable because there are a limited number of times you could launch them and they go into the device slot and not a hangar. They my not have been powerful but they were a hell of a disstraction. Maybe you never picked them from the End-game rewards.
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    no, the only give you a bonus if you power level was below 75.

Whaaaaa???? (looks around, picks up salt shaker, shakes it intently)

Am I on Candid Camera?

R.I.P
  • Options
    hroothvitnirhroothvitnir Member Posts: 322
    edited December 2012
    Science ship aux batteries can be really good, On a science Aux2Bat build Aux batteries are cocaine you cant get enough often enough. Tac CRF or CSV hit a weapons battery and see what the numbers do. If you run BO# you basically have to have a weapons bats to really get the most out of it(As in BO then bat immediately).

Also as said Batteries award a blank total amount your bat skill just says how long that amount lasts for.
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    Its been a while since I used those scorpians or Turrets. Momentary lapse of reason, do Tac buffs buff them as well?

Buffs never helped my turrets. I don't remember if buffs helped the fighters. I have exhausted them all. I wish they would give somithing out like that again. It would be nice to have fighters fight eachother so you can concentrate on the other player.
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    Buffs never helped my turrets. I don't remember if buffs helped the fighters. I have exhausted them all. I wish they would give somithing out like that again. It would be nice to have fighters fight eachother so you can concentrate on the other player.

Can you not target the pets with your pets? Seems like that would be a great way to tie up pets.

Though I still agree consumable missoion rewards like turrets and scorpian fighters may need a buff.

R.I.P
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    Whaaaaa???? (looks around, picks up salt shaker, shakes it intently)

Am I on Candid Camera?

Thats what the say when you read the info. I only benefit from the Aux battery, and Deuterium. The Engine battery only fix my engines if disabled but it don't help my perfomance. My weapons and shield power are above power level 75 so they don't get much of a boost if any.
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    Thats what the say when you read the info. I only benefit from the Aux battery, and Deuterium. The Engine battery only fix my engines if disabled but it don't help my perfomance. My weapons and shield power are above power level 75 so they don't get much of a boost if any.

Where did you read that? All my batterries that I buy at spacedock give +75 straightup regardless of my existing power settings. All power tops out at 125, but a battery takes a 25 to a 100.
    If its not for you then thats a bug, a big one.

Ill add proper Battery usage to the STO mythbuster premise.

R.I.P
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    Can you not target the pets with your pets? Seems like that would be a great way to tie up pets.

Though I still agree consumable missoion rewards like turrets and scorpian fighters may need a buff.

What if the turrets were heavy like the ones you fight in the game? They would do some serious damage. The energy beams would tear up you shields and the torpedos will kill you if your shield face was down or too weak.
  • Options
    gypsybladegypsyblade Member Posts: 730 Arc User
    edited December 2012

You get +75, your current energy levels don't affect the outcome
    What if the turrets were heavy like the ones you fight in the game? They would do some serious damage. The energy beams would tear up you shields and the torpedos will kill you if your shield face was down or too weak.

They would still be useless for the most part as the ones the enemy uses still does nothing to my ships. But, at least they would last longer against borg if they were made like npc ones.
  • Options
    hereticknight085hereticknight085 Member Posts: 3,783 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Listen genius, if it was bad, I would of had a complaint about it in this thread. Think outside the box for once. The fighters you use to get from the Vault were consumable because there are a limited number of times you could launch them and they go into the device slot and not a hangar. They my not have been powerful but they were a hell of a disstraction. Maybe you never picked them from the End-game rewards.

ROFL...
    Dude, you obviously are either oblivious to the sarcasm or are ignoring it.

DUR I HAVE THE SCORPION FIGHTERS... How can I not?

As for most of your post? The only garbage is not in the device slots, but in your head. If you don't like an item, don't use it. And for the record, +80 power from a battery actually is pretty legit. Every item I mentioned in my post is a good item. So conveniently leaving out all of the good devices is only something I could probably come to expect from you. Only putting out the facts that support your point, ignoring the WHOLE truth.

Stop posting nonsense. You're only making a fool of yourself.
    It is said the best weapon is one that is never fired. I disagree. The best weapon is one you only have to fire... once. B)
  • Options
    coldicephoenixcoldicephoenix Member Posts: 344 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    ROFL...
    Dude, you obviously are either oblivious to the sarcasm or are ignoring it.

DUR I HAVE THE SCORPION FIGHTERS... How can I not?

As for most of your post? The only garbage is not in the device slots, but in your head. If you don't like an item, don't use it. And for the record, +80 power from a battery actually is pretty legit. Every item I mentioned in my post is a good item. So conveniently leaving out all of the good devices is only something I could probably come to expect from you. Only putting out the facts that support your point, ignoring the WHOLE truth.

Stop posting nonsense. You're only making a fool of yourself.
    hehe

btw OP, there have been times when the shield battery has been the only thing between myship blowing up and survival (when all the other defensive powers are on CD). Also I do like to pop a weapon battery after I drop from full impulse instead of waiting for the power levels to rise and pew pew with my fleet vorcha (God bless that ship's designer!)

On my sci ships I do use the Aux and engine batteries a lot more tho. OOh I like how that subspace field mod thing makes my ship to shimmer :D

The turrets, well they kinda seem TRIBBLE and do need to be buffed a bit. In STF Cure I see people drop them near Kang, but those turrets barely seem to faze those borg bops.

We still live!!!!! Hahahahahahahahaa! We live and we will conquer!!!!! Hahahahahaaha!

-Roach, when asked about Klingon extinction!
  • Options
    fraghul2000fraghul2000 Member Posts: 1,590 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    besides raising the power levels, don't forget they're also instantly repairing subsystems. Might be not important if all you do is to grind STFs, but in PvP and against Tholians as well as Mirror Feds, they're life-savers.
  • Options
    bortjinxbortjinx Member Posts: 397
    edited December 2012
    So, what devices are actually out there?

Subspace Field Modulator,
    Red Matter capacitor,
    Scorpion Fighters,
    Batteries,
    Dueterium Surplus.

Anything else?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    khayuungkhayuung Member Posts: 1,876 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    I've slotted the Exocomp doff, then pack the weapon batt, shield batt, Subspace Mod, deuterium surplus.

And I wish I had a RMC. Still hunting for that collectors edition.

With the doff, Weapon batt gives me +10% damage and boosts power levels enough to effectively negate all weapon drain, and the shield battery not only gives me a 2nd BFI-style heal but hardens the shields further.

Plus with 6 points in batts you boost the heal to 1k per facing, and all batts last for 18s. Crazy stuff.

"Last Engage! Magical Girl Origami-san" is in print! Now with three times more rainbows.

Support the "Armored Unicorn" vehicle initiative today!

Thanks for Harajuku. Now let's get a real "Magical Girl" costume!
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    bortjinx wrote: »
    So, what devices are actually out there?

Subspace Field Modulator,
    Red Matter capacitor,
    Scorpion Fighters,
    Batteries,
    Dueterium Surplus.

Anything else?

Dilithium hardpoints, turrets and Peregrine/To'Duj fighters come to mind.
  • Options
    bortjinxbortjinx Member Posts: 397
    edited December 2012
    Dilithium hardpoints, turrets and Peregrine/To'Duj fighters come to mind.

Oh yeah, forgot about the turrets.

Didn't know you could get Peregrines to go in the device slots though. And what are Dilithium Hardpoints? I've never heard of those.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    vinru821vinru821 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    I personally love to equip a red matter cap, weapon battery and the phase modulator thing. I don't have any problems with batteries.

Its awesome to pop a weapon battery when I hit Fire at will, keeps the power up the entire time
    :eek:
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    bortjinx wrote: »
    Oh yeah, forgot about the turrets.

Didn't know you could get Peregrines to go in the device slots though. And what are Dilithium Hardpoints? I've never heard of those.

Ah, sorry...Jevonite Hardpoints, not Dilithium. Seems my mind connects everything in the game to dilithium. :/

It's this thing here. You are able to get it through a Doff assignment and the old Cardie lockboxes before the lockbox revamp.

http://www.stowiki.org/Prototype_Ablative_Jevonite_Hardpoints

The fighters were from the Ferengi lockbox. I don't know if they still drop, if they were removed or moved to the Lobi-store. Reward Packs -> Fighter Squadron should list them on the exchange.