Comments

• pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
    edited April 2013
    Moved to "The Academy" and stickied :)

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
  • drogyn1701drogyn1701 Member Posts: 3,606 Media Corps
    edited April 2013
    All it takes is a tweet sometimes. Thanks BF!
    The Foundry Roundtable live Saturdays at 7:30PM EST/4:30PM PST on twitch.tv/thefoundryroundtable
  • lordhavelocklordhavelock Member Posts: 2,248 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Congrats on the Sticky! Well deserved. :)

You can find/contact me in game as @PatricianVetinari. Playing STO since Feb 2010.
  • ekxibekxib Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    nice, Thanks Brandon

I am new user here and now i saw this!!!
  • mimey2mimey2 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Moved to "The Academy" and stickied :)

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

Thanks Branflakes! But...this thread doesn't feel sticky enough. Could you maybe make it stickier? :D

felderburg wrote: »
    When Stormshade was around, "bumping" your thread to make note of edits in the OP was fine - although that was as long as it was within whatever the necro time-frame was at the time.

Boy, that was a long time ago now, wasn't it? Wow, feels almost like yesterday.

But, no more worries of necro posts really for this thread since it's stickied.
    I remain empathetic to the concerns of my community, but do me a favor and lay off the god damn name calling and petty remarks. It will get you nowhere.
    I must admit, respect points to Trendy for laying down the law like that.
  • darkstarkiriandarkstarkirian Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Congratz on the sticky.
    Glad I could help in my own tiny way.
    [SIGPIC]Handle: @kirian_darkstar
    Fleets: Warriors of the Phoenix, Kirian Industries[/SIGPIC]
    Three years and still no Captain Klaa hair...
  • daroskadaroska Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    These are no doubt ridiculously newbie questions I'm asking here but, well:

• How does one garner a shared epohh tagging mission within a group?
    • Or do you all have to pick up the mission at the same time and then start tagging?
    • How come I usually only have to wait thirty minutes for the mission cooldown?

I'll be blunt and say the reason why I'm asking about this is because I hardly
    ever go into teams, actually! Hold that thought, I mean- never! Go into teams.

For those interested, it's because my current fleet I'm in on the Defense Force is
    merely could be said to be an KDF auxillary fleet for my Starfleet character's fleet.

And I'd rather advance in the New Romulan reputation track for LoR (so to be able
    to play a Reman) than pursue fresh goodies in the Taskforce Omega reputation track.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • drogyn1701drogyn1701 Member Posts: 3,606 Media Corps
    edited April 2013
    daroska wrote: »
    These are no doubt ridiculously newbie questions I'm asking here but, well:

• Or do you all have to pick up the mission at the same time and then start tagging?

I just figured this out a couple days ago myself.

To do the tagging mission in a group, each group member will need to pick up the mission. The timer doesn't start until you tag your first epohh, so just get in position and have someone say go, then you all start tagging. You'll see your counter register the tags group members are making.
    The Foundry Roundtable live Saturdays at 7:30PM EST/4:30PM PST on twitch.tv/thefoundryroundtable
    edited April 2013
    T

Hmm, well you can share the mission if you are on a team as well. So one person can get the mission and then share it with everyone.

But 30 minutes? Really? I'm honestly curious...Because either you are picking up the mission and then doing it about 20 hours later, or for you it is somehow bugged allowing you to run it that quickly.

And it is the actual epohh tagging mission, right? Not just another small mission you can do on New Romulus?

(Not trying to sound rude or anything, just trying to get a better feel of what you are saying)
    I remain empathetic to the concerns of my community, but do me a favor and lay off the god damn name calling and petty remarks. It will get you nowhere.
  • darwin789darwin789 Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    mimey2 wrote: »
    (If someone can tell me a really good species for maxing your crit-chance on epohh raising besides Paradans, if there is another species that is, that'd be much appreciated.)
    El-Aurians from Hromi cluster support mission.
    http://www.stowiki.org/Rekim_Fel
    http://www.stowiki.org/Marza_Rumur
  • daroskadaroska Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    drogyn1701 wrote: »
    I just figured this out a couple days ago myself.

To do the tagging mission in a group, each group member will need to pick up the mission. The timer doesn't start until you tag your first epohh, so just get in position and have someone say go, then you all start tagging. You'll see your counter register the tags group members are making.

Really? Because as I've outlined below, the timer went off while in a group.
    And people were only just getting together! No one had touched an epohh.

Although well, I might of touched a few when the timer started ticking down, obviously.
    But then again, no one seemed to react the same way I did, so perhaps it was just me?

I've no idea. All I can say for sure is that these insect bunnies are more trouble than they're worth.
    mimey2 wrote: »
    Hmm, well you can share the mission if you are on a team as well. So one person can get the mission and then share it with everyone.

But 30 minutes? Really? I'm honestly curious...Because either you are picking up the mission and then doing it about 20 hours later, or for you it is somehow bugged allowing you to run it that quickly.

And it is the actual epohh tagging mission, right? Not just another small mission you can do on New Romulus?

(Not trying to sound rude or anything, just trying to get a better feel of what you are saying)

I never take anything to be rude on a forum, except particular developer views. ;)

Now about that epohh tagging cooldown: all I know is that I believe I've done it about
    three times, two times at the end of doing the other New Romulus specific mission dailies.
    The first time I did it- I was interested in the epohh fields, saw the zone chat asking for
    a group to do it with, joined- then I started the mission and the timer just went off!

So yeah, I freaked, figured I'd done something absolutely stupid and decided to call it a
    night, having enough of the gaming riffraff. Got up the next morning (that was the evening
    before) and loaded up STO to check on the old DOFF missions- then I saw Toreth, which
    made me want to have another go to understand the whole mechanics of the mission.

Of course, because I just went offline mid-way into the timer there was a few seconds left
    when I logged in, so I handed it in. It then said something like (00:30:00) for cooldown,
    so I was like 'alright, just like the other dailies around then' (it's actually news to me it has..
    what was it? 24 hours cooldown?) so I had my breakfast, came back, tried it out once more.

Did it solo then, but got sidetracked by a foundry mission ('Time will Tell' - which is quite
    good by the way, I highly suggest it!) before I could hand it in. When I did give it in later
    that afternoon after coming back home, it gave me another (00:30:00). So yeah, I did the
    'daily roundup' of New Romulus to burn away the timer and then tried it again (why not?).

Yet again (00:30:00) at the end- with this time the handing in was quite assurably, prompt.

And well, that's the pretty much the end of the story, not to mention the boring wall of text,
    my mindset, as well as partially my routine. You'll have to excuse my inept ability to make
    summaries, but I suppose people like to dissect a larger amount of text at any rate, heh.

Now then, is that a better feel? Perhaps? :rolleyes:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited April 2013
    I never take anything to be rude on a forum, except particular developer views. ;)

Now about that epohh tagging cooldown: all I know is that I believe I've done it about
    three times, two times at the end of doing the other New Romulus specific mission dailies.
    The first time I did it- I was interested in the epohh fields, saw the zone chat asking for
    a group to do it with, joined- then I started the mission and the timer just went off!

So yeah, I freaked, figured I'd done something absolutely stupid and decided to call it a
    night, having enough of the gaming riffraff. Got up the next morning (that was the evening
    before) and loaded up STO to check on the old DOFF missions- then I saw Toreth, which
    made me want to have another go to understand the whole mechanics of the mission.

Of course, because I just went offline mid-way into the timer there was a few seconds left
    when I logged in, so I handed it in. It then said something like (00:30:00) for cooldown,
    so I was like 'alright, just like the other dailies around then' (it's actually news to me it has..
    what was it? 24 hours cooldown?) so I had my breakfast, came back, tried it out once more.

Did it solo then, but got sidetracked by a foundry mission ('Time will Tell' - which is quite
    good by the way, I highly suggest it!) before I could hand it in. When I did give it in later
    that afternoon after coming back home, it gave me another (00:30:00). So yeah, I did the
    'daily roundup' of New Romulus to burn away the timer and then tried it again (why not?).

Yet again (00:30:00) at the end- with this time the handing in was quite assurably, prompt.

And well, that's the pretty much the end of the story, not to mention the boring wall of text,
    my mindset, as well as partially my routine. You'll have to excuse my inept ability to make
    summaries, but I suppose people like to dissect a larger amount of text at any rate, heh.

Now then, is that a better feel? Perhaps? :rolleyes:

Hmm...alright, thank you for the more detailed explanation.

The first time could be passed off as just hitting your cooldown timer, since the epohh tagging mission is on a 20 hour cooldown.

For the other two...no clue. Guess you just got lucky.

darwin789 wrote: »
    El-Aurians from Hromi cluster support mission.
    http://www.stowiki.org/Rekim_Fel
    http://www.stowiki.org/Marza_Rumur

I hadn't ever considered those. And they are perfect for it, thank you. I will add that to the guide.
  • judus101judus101 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Sounds like lot of work but hella cool, thank you for this guide! :)
  • gfreeman98gfreeman98 Member Posts: 1,200 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I've read this guide (thanks BTW) and the info on stowiki, but I still have a question:

What is the significance of whether an epohh is evolved or not? As far as I can tell the only difference is the color. (Which in that case, my reaction is "so what?")

Am I missing something here?
    screenshot_2015-03-01-resize4.png
    edited May 2013
    gfreeman98 wrote: »
    I've read this guide (thanks BTW) and the info on stowiki, but I still have a question:

What is the significance of whether an epohh is evolved or not? As far as I can tell the only difference is the color. (Which in that case, my reaction is "so what?")

Am I missing something here?

Just color. At least in the case of the normal Romulan epohhs you get out of New Romulus. If you get an evolved epohh, it's purely because you wanted it for the sake of having it.

However, the winter epohhs from a few months ago, getting an evolved epohh was a very good thing, because critting a mission to get one of the winter ones, netted you more Romulan marks.
  • jelly0jelly0 Member Posts: 560 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    nvm, edited to check something
  • pollyandjuhrompollyandjuhrom Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The missions are on a 20-hour timer from when you first pick it up. So, pick up the mission. don't start for 20 hours, then you can do the mission and pick it up again and do it right away.
  • gfreeman98gfreeman98 Member Posts: 1,200 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Question about the tagging mission:

So I try to team with random people to do the tagging, as advised. Sometimes this goes well, everybody gets 4 tags, no problem. Other times however, I see people dropping out of the team early, and believe this reduces the count I get and the rest of us do NOT get 4 tags. So they get full credit and split, and we get shafted. :mad:

Q: Does the timer start at the same time for everyone on the team? At first I thought it did, now I'm not so sure.

I run down the little buggers until the timer expires. Am I being a noob? Should I bail early if I think I've gotten enough?
    screenshot_2015-03-01-resize4.png
    edited May 2013
    gfreeman98 wrote: »
    Question about the tagging mission:

So I try to team with random people to do the tagging, as advised. Sometimes this goes well, everybody gets 4 tags, no problem. Other times however, I see people dropping out of the team early, and believe this reduces the count I get and the rest of us do NOT get 4 tags. So they get full credit and split, and we get shafted. :mad:

Q: Does the timer start at the same time for everyone on the team? At first I thought it did, now I'm not so sure.

I run down the little buggers until the timer expires. Am I being a noob? Should I bail early if I think I've gotten enough?

Unfortunately, I can't help too much regarding jerky players if they are doing that.

Though if they are leaving and you are losing out on the full amount of tags, that might in fact be a bug and you may want to look into filing a report.

Yes, the timer does indeed start at the exact same time for a whole team. So be careful if you all aren't ready and in position.

As long as you see that you have at least 30 epohhs at any point, you do not need anymore. Past that, it's your choice. Might be good to keep going till the time is out, if you continue to deal with the aforementioned jerky-players.
  • rerednawrerednaw Member Posts: 159 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    So does this mean that the Fast and the Flurrious quest in Q's Winter Wonderland is 50 only? I keep trying to figure out how to start the race...the quest comes up but I've gone all over the track, tried the NPCs but cannot get it to trigger. I always see the countdown, then the announcement of "RACE!" ...and then it poofs.

It's not the same as the Fastest Game on Ice...that I managed to figure out...
    edited December 2013
    Hmm, it should allow you.

When you see the countdown start, go up to the starting position, and a button should appear that basically says for you to join the race, your character should do a quick 'Q Flash' thing, and be good to go.

If that doesn't happen, there could be some kind of bug or issue. As an alternative, try hitting your F key a couple times when you are there.
  • prophecythirteenprophecythirteen Member Posts: 130 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Thank you so much for posting this guide =-) fingers crossed for a purple Epohh! lol
    giphy.gif
    giphy.gif
  • starswordcstarswordc Member Posts: 10,963 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Suggestion for the OP: For the raising epohhs stages, critting those assignments requires Eidetic Memory and Efficient. This is a list of unique doffs that have them both. Engi holograms, lib Borg (available via Omega rep), and the exocomp are some of the more common ones.
    "Great War! / And I cannot take more! / Great tour! / I keep on marching on / I play the great score / There will be no encore / Great War! / The War to End All Wars"
    — Sabaton, "Great War"
    VZ9ASdg.png

Check out https://unitedfederationofpla.net/s/
    edited June 2014
    starswordc wrote: »
    Suggestion for the OP: For the raising epohhs stages, critting those assignments requires Eidetic Memory and Efficient. This is a list of unique doffs that have them both. Engi holograms, lib Borg (available via Omega rep), and the exocomp are some of the more common ones.

That's a good list and everything, but most of the DOFFs won't work I believe, if memory serves, you have to use science-department DOFFs.
  • motordog1motordog1 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Thanks for this guide. I have a problem though, perhaps someone here can tell me what I'm doing wrong.

So, I got a river epohh pup, and used the river researcher to successfully raise it to a moppet. I took the moppet to the same researcher (obviously after the last doff mission ended) to raise it further. I have the right duty officers ready to do the research, and the mission requires 1 moppet epohh...but the game doesn't seem to recognize that I have the moppet epohh in my inventory. Under the description of the mission, it keeps indicating that I don't have the moppet...which I cleary do. I've checked to make sure I'm using the right epohh and the right (river) researcher. Why won't it give me the mission? Is this a glitch? :(
  • timelords1701timelords1701 Member Posts: 556 Arc User
    i realise this is a very old thread, but always meant to ask, are there any accolades tied to epohh breeding ???
  • arliekkosarliekkos Member Posts: 208 Arc User
    @timelords1701 New Romulus: Isha Forest Epohh Collection (I think from completion of first mission) and then there is Epohh Whisperer (collect 100 epohhs on New Romulus. Just continue doing the tagging mission I believe is what results in this after you've tagged 100)
  • damzelltrilldamzelltrill Member Posts: 443 Arc User
    pictures are dead
    A Trill, a Gorn, a Jem'Hadar, Bejoran and a Voth walk into a bar, and the Bartender asks "What is this a Joke?"
    "Nope, just my away team" the trill replies before ordering a round for the bar.