test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Can't name my character what I want

younghustleryounghustler Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited December 2012 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
I try naming my character Kaleb, but whenever I try, it says I already have a character by that name. I don't have a character by that name. Please fix. Thanks.
Post edited by younghustler on

Comments

• oldkirkfanoldkirkfan Member Posts: 1,263 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Do you have a ship by that name? The game doesn't see a difference between ship and character.
  • monkeybone13monkeybone13 Member Posts: 4,640 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Do you happen to have a bridge officer by that name?
  • younghustleryounghustler Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    No, no ships, checked all my toon's BOffs just to be sure, but I don't.
    edited December 2012
    Just tried other names, it turns out that I can't create any characters with even random names, keeps saying I already have characters by that name. I've tried every single race, gender.
  • disposeableh3r0disposeableh3r0 Member Posts: 1,927 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Are you sure you have an open character slot for the faction you are trying to create a character for?
    As a time traveller, Am I supposed to pack underwear or underwhen?

Not everything you see on the internet is true - Abraham Lincoln

Occidere populo et effercio confractus
    edited December 2012
    Yes, bought two slots for a total of 4 a while ago, only have 3 toons.
    edited December 2012
    hmmm odd. haven't heard of this one before best bet is to submit a ticket as well.

edited December 2012
    Sorry, but what's a ticket gonna do for me? Whenever I put in a ticket, I get a "Sorry, we cant help you at this time." I don't even think they read my tickets, so **** Cryptic. I want this **** fixed. Posting on here seems to be the only place that issues actually get any attention. Since I payed for this as well, I don't want to wait weeks for them, I want this fixed now.
    edited December 2012
    Sorry, but what's a ticket gonna do for me? Whenever I put in a ticket, I get a "Sorry, we cant help you at this time." I don't even think they read my tickets, so **** Cryptic. I want this **** fixed. Posting on here seems to be the only place that issues actually get any attention. Since I payed for this as well, I don't want to wait weeks for them, I want this fixed now.

If you put a ticket into the system then post the ticket number here they then have direct access to you problem. Instead of having to wade through all the other tickets in the system to find your porblem.

• lewstelamon01lewstelamon01 Member Posts: 924 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Tickets haven't gone through Cryptic since a little while after the merger. Standard response time for a PWE ticket is 1-3 business days.

No one likes it but that's about the only way you'll get through to a GM. Posting it here doesn't guarantee a response. It all depends on which GM gets your ticket. Some actually do their job and research your issue before giving a response....others really don't give a rat's hind end about their job and will give you the first response that gets your ticket out of the queue whether or not it actually helps.

Been there, done that sort of job.

ROLL TIDE ROLL