test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Fleet Embassy: New consoles....

playhard88playhard88 Member Posts: 733 Arc User
edited March 2015 in PvP Gameplay
Fleet Embassy tier 1 store:

http://i.minus.com/iy1neCxC2RWp3.png (healing procs values are IN GROUND, those pictures are from the store)

Welcome to plasma spam era! now we gonna miss the borg set. I'm getting tired of the proc-mania, winner in matches will be decided by who have better luck with procs and no by skill...

p.d: i really hope this procs don't stack...
John Sheridan@playhard88 - FED Tactical
Vin Naftero@playhard88 - FED Sciencie
K'tan@playhard88 - KDF Tactical
Argento@playhard88 - RRF Tactical (FED)
Post edited by playhard88 on

Comments

• Options
    p2wsucksp2wsucks Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    playhard88 wrote: »

http://i.minus.com/iy1neCxC2RWp3.png

Welcome to plasma spam era! now we gonna miss the borg set. I'm getting tired of the proc-mania, winner in matches will be decided by who have better luck with procs and no by skill...

Were you on the ground when you did the shield/hull repair or are those space values?
    [Zone] Dack@****: cowards can't take a fed 1 on 1 crinckley cowards Hahahaha you smell like flowers
    Random Quote from Kerrat
    "Sumlobus@****: your mums eat Iced Targ Poo"
    C&H Fed banter
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    p2wsucks wrote: »
    Were you on the ground when you did the shield/hull repair or are those space values?

yes, those images are from the Store, i didn't buy any console
  • Options
    paxottomanpaxottoman Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012

http://i.minus.com/iy1neCxC2RWp3.png (healing procs values are IN GROUND, those pictures are from the store)

How did you find out about them?
    Turkish RP Heroes
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    fleet embassy tier1, shuttle bay, there are the stores.
  • Options
    aquitaine985aquitaine985 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Yes we've been looking at them too, plasma might just become a credible choice for PVP now, have the weapon consoles then stack a load of pro-plasma consoles on your MVAEs to not only cercumvent the set shields inate 20% but to go beyond it!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    @Aquitaine985
    Lag Industries STO PvP Fleet - Executive
    A Sad Panda of Industrial calibre.
    2010: This is Cryptic PvP. Please hold the line, your call is very important to us...
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    Yes we've been looking at them too, plasma might just become a credible choice for PVP now, have the weapon consoles then stack a load of pro-plasma consoles on your MVAEs to not only cercumvent the set shields inate 20% but to go beyond it!

plus the romulan set (or is the new borg? whatever, some of the rep.system new sets give 7,6% dmg bonus to plasma).

The problem here will be the healing procs...and i'm not so sure about the proc that add plasma burn to non-plasma weapons, this will probably with end with us burning with plasma dot proc the 100% of the match.
  • Options
    virusdancervirusdancer Member Posts: 18,687 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Ugh, I need to find a fleet for folks that don't like other folks, do not expect anybody to do anything with each other much less even talk to each other... :)

edit: Er, I should have made it more clear that this was a flip comment. Not really looking for a fleet - I gave up on guilds/clans/fleets/etc a year ago. I just couldn't deal with the drama that inevitably arises.

Besides, I'd need a 10sole ship and I just do not feel like I could make that kind of investment with the way the game is now...
  • Options
    disposeableh3r0disposeableh3r0 Member Posts: 1,927 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Ugh, I need to find a fleet for folks that don't like other folks, do not expect anybody to do anything with each other much less even talk to each other... :)

UFP. I dont think I have ever actualy talked to anybody. T$ starbase is in countdown atm.

http://ufplanets.com/index.php?pageid=apply%20
    As a time traveller, Am I supposed to pack underwear or underwhen?

Not everything you see on the internet is true - Abraham Lincoln

Occidere populo et effercio confractus
  • Options
    xantrisxantris Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Yes we've been looking at them too, plasma might just become a credible choice for PVP now,!

Maybe, but its definitely becoming a lead PvE weapon when looking at the Romulan Weapons
  • Options
    havamhavam Member Posts: 1,735 Arc User
    edited November 2012

You can hang out in the back corner of SVRs shuttle bay and not talk to anybody, we should be able to unlock the consoles soon. ONe time contributions to our base, for access to the stores is also an option. Just trying to keep KDF toons pew pew ready
  • Options
    dontdrunkimshootdontdrunkimshoot Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    that plasma console, they made it specifically for me, i know it lol

the most amazing thing of all, i could stick that plasma enhancer mod on a particle generator! somebody stop the madness! or don't

for my plasma weapon, 3 particle gen and 3 plasma infuser using fleet ktinga, this just pushes the envelope from holy TRIBBLE monster DOT to holy TRIBBLE they are gonna have to nerf plasma related things after they see all this in action!

whats the price per console?
  • Options
    baudlbaudl Member Posts: 4,060 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    actually, you can get the MKX already with just a little less on the sci skill for 3500 dilithium and a few FC. the MKXII is 30k FC and 15k dilithium however.

i asume the procs can stack? so 2 of the same actually mean 5%? and the shield and hull heal proc is where exactly in space?
    Go pro or go home
  • Options
    praxi5praxi5 Member Posts: 1,562 Arc User
    edited November 2012

the most amazing thing of all, i could stick that plasma enhancer mod on a particle generator! somebody stop the madness! or don't

for my plasma weapon, 3 particle gen and 3 plasma infuser using fleet ktinga, this just pushes the envelope from holy TRIBBLE monster DOT to holy TRIBBLE they are gonna have to nerf plasma related things after they see all this in action!

Particle Gens boost Plasma DoTs?
  • Options
    baudlbaudl Member Posts: 4,060 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    praxi5 wrote: »

i think only the EWP dmg. as it says in the description.
    Go pro or go home
  • Options
    aetam1aetam1 Member Posts: 228 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    So it would seem the bug got a real disadvantage for the first time: only one sci console :)

My stomach is clear and my mind is full of bacon!
  • Options
    shimmerlessshimmerless Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Some of those consoles certainly seem very strong, I wonder if they can stack enough to overcome the STF resists. Like Reg said, the potential on an MVAE/Fl. MVAE is kinda drool-inducing.

I do like that they apparently thought Threat Control was important enough to need a negative version console. Because, you know, this game's playerbase was just speccing into and generating too much threat in PvE as is.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    vids and guides and stuff

[9:52] [Zone #11] Neal@trapper1532: im a omega force shadow oprative and a maoc elite camander and here i am taking water samples
  • Options
    dontdrunkimshootdontdrunkimshoot Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    praxi5 wrote: »

plasma torp/mine dot too. and plasma infuser tac consoles buff all plasma dot, energy weapons, torps, and EWP. the plasma mod buffing plasma energy damage, the DOT is plasma energy damage, and adding an additional proc, its just gonna be awesome :D
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    You're welcome to come hang out at LAG, Virus. We cater to all!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    @Aquitaine985
    2010: This is Cryptic PvP. Please hold the line, your call is very important to us...
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    4 days and our klink diplo t1 will be done. I am really looking forward to it. But I suppose we need some kind of provisioning too to buy something?

• Options
    edited November 2012
    aetam1 wrote: »
    4 days and our klink diplo t1 will be done. I am really looking forward to it. But I suppose we need some kind of provisioning too to buy something?

I know you'll need provisioning for the new ground kits and the ground consumables, when i get online i'll check for you.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    @Aquitaine985
  • Options
    eisenw0lfeisenw0lf Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    OMG sad news to BoPs! The age of infinite plasma critz has begun D:

Well, seriously, I hope they fix the plasma DoT crit bug as well the one with dispersed tricobalt mines. Nevertheless I think we can finally welcome plasma weapons to PvP without breaking out in laughter.
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    plasma torp/mine dot too. and plasma infuser tac consoles buff all plasma dot, energy weapons, torps, and EWP. the plasma mod buffing plasma energy damage, the DOT is plasma energy damage, and adding an additional proc, its just gonna be awesome :D

That is ridiculus.
    Plasma Infuser console should buffs plasma energy weapon only (tetryon pulse generators don't buff the tetryon drain value, phaser relay don't buff the disable proc duration, etc...why plasma infuser buff the proc effect?..). Ambiplasma Envelope console should only buff torpedo damage, and particle generators should buff the DoT effect of weapons and skills (like flow caps buff tetryon proc drain and energy shipon skill)

This is not going to be awesome, this is going to be unbalanced. I really hope that borticus take a look into this before this become a problem.
  • Options
    rudiefix1rudiefix1 Member Posts: 420
    edited November 2012

Drunk,
    I think we run the same ship........
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

@rudiefix Feds: Rudiefix / Thron / Opa
    @rudiefix KDFs: Lill / Xifeidur / Dehr / Ugly
    @rudiefix Roms (KDF alligned): Chicita
  • Options
    mandoknight89mandoknight89 Member Posts: 1,687 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Since my fleet doesn't have the Embassy built up much yet, I'd like to know if the "other available consoles" include Field Generators. Getting the same benefit as a "regular" Science console and then getting a [Pla] bonus on top of that... it's a good thing Plasma is a commonly-resisted energy type...
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    Since my fleet doesn't have the Embassy built up much yet, I'd like to know if the "other available consoles" include Field Generators. Getting the same benefit as a "regular" Science console and then getting a [Pla] bonus on top of that... it's a good thing Plasma is a commonly-resisted energy type...

thx to god the field generator is the only sci console that don't have an embassy-version
  • Options
    beary666stobeary666sto Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012

It won't add another proc to your plasma weapons. Looks like only to non-plasma weapons. So I could see running a transphasic torp boat + this console and all the plasma goodness for some fun bleedthrough. Or a disruptor boat running DEM, but it won't do much for your plasma boat.
    [23:35] Horta deals 1738411 (1538303) Toxic Damage to Centurion Engineer with Corrosive Acid.
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    It won't add another proc to your plasma weapons. Looks like only to non-plasma weapons. So I could see running a transphasic torp boat + this console and all the plasma goodness for some fun bleedthrough. Or a disruptor boat running DEM, but it won't do much for your plasma boat.

yes, i was thinking the same (i have a brel tansphasic boat), it can be a really pain in the TRIBBLE. This plasma proc-for-all is a really bad idea, there are already 2-procs weapons (polarize disruptors, phased tetryons), now 3 procs in 1 weapon?
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    Why stop at 3? Get your 4th proc from the rep system passiv!
    Also I think thats the idea of the plasma dmg. Since plasma weapons don't get another proc the simply get dmg to compensate.

Oh and how about some polarized disruptor CRF cannons with DEM3, plasma proc and kinetic proc. Maybe mix some transphasic mines in there and warp pee...

• Options
    edited November 2012
    yes, i was thinking the same (i have a brel tansphasic boat), it can be a really pain in the TRIBBLE. This plasma proc-for-all is a really bad idea, there are already 2-procs weapons (polarize disruptors, phased tetryons), now 3 procs in 1 weapon?

Polarized Disruptors, Plasma-Disruptor Hybrid (wonder if that console adds an additional chance to proc - since it's not technically a plasma weapon), Phased Polarons, Spiral Wave Disruptors...

...but it's worse (or better) than you think, imo. Consider the following:

Polarized Disruptors
    2.5% -DR
    2.5% -PWR
    2.5% Plasma DoT
    2.5% Kinetic Proc
    20% (after Crit) Placate Proc

Plasma-Disruptor
    2.5% -DR
    2.5% Plasma DoT
    (2.5% Plasma DoT?)
    2.5% Kinetic Proc

Phased Polarons
    2.5% -PWR
    2.5% -Shields
    2.5% Plasma DoT
    2.5% Kinetic Proc

Spiral Wave Disruptors
    2.5% -1 Subsystem
    2.5% -DR
    2.5% Plasma DoT
    2.5% Kinetic Proc

But why stop there, eh?

The new Omega Weapon Amplifier proc...

But why focus on just procs?

Two piece Omega for Tetryon Glider and slap in a Plasmonic Leech console.

Fun, eh?

Now break out AtB with Tech DOFFs to global your Tac abilities.

Bazinga!

edit: And oh yeah, don't forget they're adding a Fleet Excelsior...
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    Okay, here's a potentially silly question.

Would the plasma proc console possibly affect a PDS?