test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Quantum Torpedo Launcher Mk XII bug

oleksandr86oleksandr86 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
edited November 2012 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
In description, Quantum Torpedo Launcher MK XII showing like Mk XI, but on icon Mk XII. See picture.

See screen with bug
Post edited by oleksandr86 on

Comments

• obertheromulanobertheromulan Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Ah, that's probably why I could never find any Mk XII Quantums on the exchange.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Vornek@oberlerchner123 - Join Date: July 2008
  • franc275franc275 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    yep - I have one of those too - picked it up for a steal, not sure if the stats are actually MK XII or Mk XI? anyone know?
  • fiberteksyfirfiberteksyfir Member Posts: 1,207 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    franc275 wrote: »
    yep - I have one of those too - picked it up for a steal, not sure if the stats are actually MK XII or Mk XI? anyone know?

When you mouse over an item and look at the description, the stats and item listed are always correct. The icon is aesthetic only..

I've had disruptor DHCs with a plasma DHC icon.. but were dis nonetheless

To the OP and anyone else with the results of that screenshot - you actually have a MK XI quantum.
  • frtoasterfrtoaster Member Posts: 3,352 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    When you mouse over an item and look at the description, the stats and item listed are always correct. The icon is aesthetic only..

I've had disruptor DHCs with a plasma DHC icon.. but were dis nonetheless

To the OP and anyone else with the results of that screenshot - you actually have a MK XI quantum.

I'm pretty sure this is incorrect. Months ago, I was looking for Mk XII quantum torpedoes on the Exchange, but could find none. However, there were many quantum torpedoes labeled as Mk XI with a Mk XII icon. Those torpedoes had higher listed damage than corresponding Mk XI quantum torpedoes with Mk XI icons and the same modifiers. My conclusion is that Mk XII quantum torpedoes are incorrectly labeled as Mk XI.

It is also incorrect that the stats and item description are always correct. I've seen many items with incorrect descriptions and incorrect stats. As far as I can tell, the text (including listed stats) is not tied in anyway to the functionality of the item itself. A reasonable programming implementation would be to generate the text showing Mk # and stats from the attributes of the item itself. However, this does not seem to be what Cryptic does.
    Waiting for a programmer ...
    qVpg1km.png