test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Auto refining failing?

wry1wry1 Member Posts: 117 Arc User
edited November 2012 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
This is really annoying. every time I log on to my toon I'm getting a Dilithium refining failed message.
I looked at the conversion chart pre season 7 and decideded it was in my best interest to convert 99% of my STFdrops to dilithium ore, I netted aroun 190k dilithium. I have purposely not been playing my main so I can hit the 8k cap on my alts as he auto refines and yet it's failing.

Is this a known bug of season 7? Am I the first to report this? Can a dev please look into this. and let us know if this is in fact a bug?
Post edited by wry1 on

Comments

• lordmalak1lordmalak1 Member Posts: 4,681 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    You only get that message if you don't manually refine. Been that way for months.

It's a small blessing auto-refine doesn't work, at least that's the way I see it.
    KBF Lord MalaK
    Awoken Dead
    giphy.gif

Now shaddup about the queues, it's a BUG
  • wry1wry1 Member Posts: 117 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    No, sorry it's a function.. why would I play a toon with over 180k dilithium ore? I'm playing my alts and getting their ore.. I expect after 3 days to log on to 24k dilithium but instead I get bupkis...
  • franc275franc275 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    can you explain how autorefining not working being a blessing?

I'm not sure I follow - wouldn't you want to refine as much as possible? - and if it's automatic, isn't that the better?
    edited November 2012
    franc275 wrote: »
    can you explain how autorefining not working being a blessing?

I'm not sure I follow - wouldn't you want to refine as much as possible? - and if it's automatic, isn't that the better?

When I log out and back on I get to see how much I have left to do to make my daily cap. Pressing the 'refine' button manually isn't a gamebreaker, and it lets me see where my dilith is going instead of logging on and looking at my totals and wonder if the dilith actually got refined or did the system bug and eat my dilithium ore.

IIRC, autorefine doesn't work unless you log a toon in. Having 180K of dilith ore doesn't refine itself if you walk away from the game for a week.
    KBF Lord MalaK
    Awoken Dead
    giphy.gif

• xsharpexxsharpex Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    it does work. it just fails to refine the 8k dil for the day. if you don't log in to that toon for a couple days, it will refine a lump sum equal to 8k a day for the amount of days you didnt log into that toon. up to a week.
    edited November 2012
    huh, live and learn.
    :D
    Still, it's never worked for me, but I log in everyday so even if it did I'd never notice.
    KBF Lord MalaK
    Awoken Dead
    giphy.gif

edited November 2012
    Some of us don't have the luxury of logging on each day.
    edited November 2012
    lordmalak1 wrote: »
    huh, live and learn.
    :D
    Still, it's never worked for me, but I log in everyday so even if it did I'd never notice.

Nope, I last logged in with this toon on Saturday and logged in on Tuesday at noon to zero refined dilitihum and the message that refining failed.
    edited November 2012
    To my horror autorefine worked, as I exited some PvE missions. I usually refine the days amount by 7pm CST (thats when the day rolls over on the GMT clocks) but if I don't the unrefined amount also rolls over, but Sunday around 6:10 PM I look and ALL my unrefined dilith is GONE, replaced by a rollover message 'you have refined 0 dilithium today, 8000 available', and my account total may be higher but I'm not sure. Was weird that I was online at the time autorefine took my dilith.

I'll be watching this DAILY !
    KBF Lord MalaK
    Awoken Dead
    giphy.gif