Install Arc
Options

TRIBBLE Maintenance and Release Notes - November 20, 2012

Comments

• Options
    f8explorer#7814 f8explorer Member Posts: 1,328 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    noctusxxx wrote: »
    Oh look, another Dil source has been removed.

3 years ago I left other mmo's to play this game, because it didn't have any real grind.

Now bit by bit that has been stripped away, leaving a hollow dil grind.:(

I've already noticed that since they began with the additional dilithium costs and cutting the ways we get it ... I'm in game less and less and less ....
    Joint Forces Commander ... / ... proud member of ... boq botlhra'ghom / AllianceCenCom!
    " We stand TOGETHER and fight with HONOR!"

U.S.S. Maelstrom, NCC-71417 (Constitution III-class/flagship) --- Fleet Admiral Hauk' --|-- Dahar Master Hauk --- I.K.S. qu'In 'an bortaS (D7-class / flagship)
  • Options
    zeuxidemus001zeuxidemus001 Member Posts: 3,357 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    A good dilithium sink for the federation I would believe is putting contraband in their trade doff missions as much as it is for the KDF side as part of the agreement signed with Grand Nagus Rom of the Ferrengi as part of their technology trade agreement contract. The federation trades confiscated contraband which is traded to the ferrengi for technology which would be dilithium :)

Makes sense and its the back story between Rom and the Federation so it could work out the problem is would they bend their view of giving those who play the majority of the game and the federation faction a way to get things for free or make the feds just want to out right buy it without any way to adequately go after this dilithium.

Is really a system bent on pissing everyone off...

The Federation: The only faction to get new ships and such but hardly any dilithium sinks and those they did have are being removed slowly one by one.

The KDF: Decent dilithium income but yet nothing has been introduced for the KDF to buy with dilithium really since the bortasqu' and a few fleet ships which only one or two is decent depending on play style.

So overall don't give your players what they want and wave good bye as they walk out the door and never to return just like you did to the majority of the people who were here before f2p :)
  • Options
    borticuscrypticborticuscryptic Member Posts: 2,478 Cryptic Developer
    edited November 2012
    redlead3r wrote: »
    Any clue on what will happen if you got a T2 project with 1d12h left of building time when this goes live?

Will the time be reduced to 20h or will we need to wait the full time?

Projects that are already ticking down their timers will not have their durations altered.
    Jeremy Randall
    Cryptic - Lead Systems Designer
    "Play smart!"
  • Options
    meurikmeurik Member Posts: 856 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Projects that are already ticking down their timers will not have their durations altered.

Funny you should reply to this question, but you ignored a previous question;

If it's so easy to add/replace what rewards are given from a specific Daily, why hasn't Fleet Marks been added to the PVP Daily?
    HvGQ9pH.png
  • Options
    outerdemonouterdemon Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Well, I just transferred my toon to tribble. The patch cancelled all my running projects and reset me back to 0 rep with both groups. I should be at 11,200 rep with both factions. It did still give me my tier 1 passives though. I hope you don't push this live, as it is.
    If you ever find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan properly
    3g601665550.gif
  • Options
    eristhevortaeristhevorta Member Posts: 1,049 Bug Hunter
    edited November 2012
    Zero sunshine, do you know when the patrols are going to be back to the fundry? :)
    "Everything about the Jham'Hadar is lethal!" - Eris
    Original Join Date: January 30th, 2010
  • Options
    ocp001ocp001 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    outerdemon wrote: »
    Well, I just transferred my toon to tribble. The patch cancelled all my running projects and reset me back to 0 rep with both groups. I should be at 11,200 rep with both factions. It did still give me my tier 1 passives though. I hope you don't push this live, as it is.

I'm SURE Q/A is all over this. They would never push broken mechanics to holodeck. /sarcasm.
  • Options
    jcswwjcsww Member Posts: 6,790 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    dukedom01 wrote: »
    *urgh* no private queues coming back? ,c

^^^ This! We all know PvP is practically dead in STO but not fixing the queues just puts the final nail in the coffin for it.

What about fixing map transfers that disconnect you from the servers? What about fixing the graphics issues that cause the game to crash on New Romulus? What about the many unfixed graphical issues with DX11 and the whole implementation?
  • Options
    daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    edited November 2012

That kinda-sorta just put the kabosh on this player starting any new Rep projects till Friday.
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • Options
    john98837john98837 Member Posts: 761 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Any news for us on when some of the really BIG bugs are going to get fixed? Seems like all your doing is tweaking little stuff, while big issues that are effecting everyone's ability to enjoy the game are being ignored. Biggest 2 bugs I think would be the private queues and foundry both being disabled, yet here we are almost a week after launch and nothing has been done to address these issues. Loosing fleet chat when changing characters and no sound when doing the 3 console force field deactivation on infected being some of the secondary annoying bugs that are also not being addressed.
  • Options
    ltsmithltsmith Member Posts: 207 Arc User
    edited November 2012

Alright if there is no holodeck maintance within the next 16 hours then I will be good.
  • Options
    john98837john98837 Member Posts: 761 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    ltsmith wrote: »
    Alright if there is no holodeck maintance within the next 16 hours then I will be good.

Holodeck maintance in just over 12 hours :)
  • Options
    overlapooverlapo Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Resolved an issue where the ship name would sometimes show the incorrect name in the HUD.
    Your active ship should no longer be referred to by your default shuttle's name.

Thanks for that, it was annoying. However the character selection screen is still listing the shuttle as the main craft for my tribble captain.
  • Options
    captainmd10captainmd10 Member Posts: 199 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    The reduction in time periods for the early Rep projects are nice, but I'm more concerned about why the Private PvE/PvP queues aren't running yet. It's quite seriously putting a large stump in terms of those in the Elite STF channel and especially for organized 20-man queues. Any update on those or what the specifics of the initial problem was in the first place?
  • Options
    toivatoiva Member Posts: 3,276 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Oh, please, fix bugs from New Romulus. (Funny how I got stuck in the only New Romulus mission I was remotely interested in. Very funny. :rolleyes: )

Also, important point, put private matches back in! It's very much needed.

And most importantly: Stop removing dilithium rewards from the game!!!
    TOIVA, Toi Vaxx, Toia Vix, Toveg, T'vritha, To Vrax: Bring in the Allegiance class.
    Toi'Va, Ti'vath, Toivia, Ty'Vris, Tia Vex, Toi'Virth: Add Tier 6 KDF Carrier and Raider.
    Tae'Va, T'Vaya, To'Var, Tevra, T'Vira, To'Vrak: Give us Asylums for Romulans.

Don't make ARC mandatory! Keep it optional only!
  • Options
    khayuungkhayuung Member Posts: 1,876 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Er... Where are the changes Dstahl just proposed?

"Last Engage! Magical Girl Origami-san" is in print! Now with three times more rainbows.

Support the "Armored Unicorn" vehicle initiative today!

Thanks for Harajuku. Now let's get a real "Magical Girl" costume!
  • Options
    daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    khayuung wrote: »
    Er... Where are the changes Dstahl just proposed?

Read His post again...

...coming in two installments ... tomorrow and next week.
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • Options
    qjuniorqjunior Member Posts: 2,023 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Just to be clear, the Omega Conversion Crates update is not in this patch ? And by update, I mean the ability to open them immediately ? :confused:
  • Options
    hevachhevach Member Posts: 2,777 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    daveyny wrote: »
    You do realize (I hope) that the number of players you just attributed to "actually playing" those listed aspects of the game, would be considered rather minuscule...

I'm not really seeing you proving your point when there's supposed to be thousands(?) of players in-game at any given time.

If I were Cryptic, that data subset, would be extremely troubling.

That's during peak hours. The data set isn't. It's also only people in my level band, to start, and further, that's only looking at fleet actions - ignoring mine trap and fleet defense, as well as ignoring all STF, fleet, and reputation queues. Then you have people doing exploration tours and other solo content, their daily exchange/mail chores, sitting in queues, and all of it's still in off-peak hours on a Tuesday.

None of that has anything to do with my point, though. My point is that the people running those missions would overwhelmingly not be affected by this change.
  • Options
    ariellplariellpl Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Tribble version is ST.25.20121026a.29 now.
    Where is info about this version?
    when you activate again private mach PvE & PvP?
  • Options
    eristhevortaeristhevorta Member Posts: 1,049 Bug Hunter
    edited November 2012
    Meow, actually it's 29 ... another 50 MB of data and no release notes. :(
    "Everything about the Jham'Hadar is lethal!" - Eris
    Original Join Date: January 30th, 2010
  • Options
    golvaelgolvael Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    lots of complaints in chat about constant dc's after the Maintenance. myself i have been dc'd like 4 times in less than 20 mins
  • Options
    suzanna3suzanna3 Member Posts: 81 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    after server came back up today at 17.00gmt we have had continuous disconnection problems after a few minutes.:mad:

singularity_zps539276de.jpg
  • Options
    kuwayuokuwayuo Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    castsbugc wrote: »
    boo...

Not only no patrols for the foundry, but a removal of a dilithium source.
    :(

new idea is still not correct for holoddeck. there are many that many missions that exceed time lot requirement secondly some foundry are only fleet so there need better classing i did not like new rules as a writer using nice dance theme for a fast mission at drozana should be classed as quick mission great for multi toons and fast interaction, but have some thare were fleet only and should be placed and started from fleet base and should be not able to to do if different fleet, multi player this a design for a possible fleet action, and last should be time and what your current requirement are 1-3 hours should also be double checked time should be no more than 20-30 mins each to fit into same lot as lt grulls explore mission lot time.
  • Options
    kyliesmiley222kyliesmiley222 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    hi guys how is the game
    :cool:
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    hi how are you
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    whati9s it witha proplem its some thing wrong with a ship?
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    yhi how are you
  • Options
    rybaksixrybaksix Member Posts: 193 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Could You guys please consider changing the amount of Fleet Marks rewarded by officer of the watch mission? 5 is like nothing. Maybe 50 please.