test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Off-Duty Uniform not available

organicmanfredorganicmanfred Member Posts: 3,236 Arc User
I purchased the Formal Set for my Fed toon, but I can't choose the Set at the tailor.

I cklick on my standard uniform slot and try to use the Pull-Down button, but it is grey and not clickable.

The set items do not appear with the uniform items either.

Anyone knows what the problem is?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• tiekosoratiekosora Member Posts: 325 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    I know this is an old thread, but I used the search feature, and this was the only thing relevant, so forgive me.

I tried the other day to use an off-duty uniform on a recently created Fed captain. However, there is no longer an off-duty uniform slot available. I checked my other characters, and the same holds true. Was this removed, and of so, why and when?
    18EOWbV.jpg

They make a wondrous mess of things. Brave amateurs, they do their part.
  • monkeybone13monkeybone13 Member Posts: 4,640 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    The very first uniform slot you start with (the very top slot at the tailor) is just that. A uniform only slot. You can't use an off duty outfit in it. I forget which level but it's one of the lower levels, like maybe around 10, you get a second costume slot for free that can be used for either an off duty outfit or uniform. Also any costume slots you purchase in the C-store can be used for either off duty or uniforms. (costume slots from the C-store are account wide meaning all characters current and future will have them)
  • tiekosoratiekosora Member Posts: 325 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Not to sound snarky, but I was a second week closed beta tester, and a lifetime subscriber since before launch. Last time I looked for my off duty uniform slot (months ago) it was labeled as Off Duty Uniform. I have all of the veteran costume slots, no C-store purchased slots. None of the slots will allow me to use any of the off duty options I have purchased since launch. So something has changed, when, and why?
    18EOWbV.jpg

They make a wondrous mess of things. Brave amateurs, they do their part.
  • malreynolds0815malreynolds0815 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Same problem here - didn't look into my Off-Duty-Slot(s) for about an year and now I can't edit it.
    If I try to, the suit/dress or mercenary-outfit simply disappears and is nowhere to be found ... :confused:
  • doc92doc92 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I noticed this also. I have submitted a couple of tickets on it as well and they just disappear and I get no response. What is the point of having off-duty uniforms for purchase if we can't use them. oh and i realize this is a couple of months old but apparently nothing is being done about it... as it is still a problem
  • crackerz1crackerz1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Ok old post but this has driven me crazy long enough and i think i digured it out, when you want to use Off-Duty uniform go to a costume slot that says (outfit) click create,and when the first window opens for all the head variants,click the tab that says advanced on right bottom, and then when the window open upper ride side of box it should say Uniform click that drop down box and you can switch to Off-Duty uniform. Hope This helps :cool:
  • ryoborgryoborg Member Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    they still haven't fixed this I just bought the formal wear cloths also & I can't access them in the tailor at all. they really need to get their bleeping act together coz they are really turning me off this great game by shear amount of glitches & faults in it that they take soo long to fix. maybe they should have consentrated on fixing all the glitches & faults before they desided to overhall the game look etc & add a new faction (a crappy one at that, who gives a TRIBBLE about stupid Romulans? give us a Borg faction).
  • kelplanktonkelplankton Member Posts: 128 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Adding my voice to the group of people who's off-duty uniform slots don't allow them to use off-duty clothing anymore- everything is just standard Uniform and nothing else.

Art, Animation, and Stuff:
    DA Tumblr Vimeo Youtube
  • chrisf0001chrisf0001 Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It may be worth pointing out that, as someone else pointed out to me, the Uniform / Off-Duty dropdown is now in the *head* options section for some bizarre reason. There may be another one in the uniform section, but for me at least, that one is gone on my Fleet char.

If the dropdown is there but greyed out when it shouldn't be - That must be something else...
  • diethediethe Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Same problem. My 2nd Slot costume (Which is supposed to be available to wear off-duty clothing) Romulan-Klingon allied guy can't access the Off-Duty tab. It's greyed out and I'm only able to use the Uniform tab. I believe I couldn't change it the moment I was able to access the costumes at the Flotilla.
    http://diethe.deviantart.com/

Need a sprite? Get in here!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Hi. i read this thread, and i bought an off duty uniform, but i dont know how to create a off duty uniform.. my dropbox in head advanced is standard on uniform and its greyed out so i cant choose it. Any1 know if this is related to the new release of romulus ?

O a few minutes after this post i found it. I could select off duty at one of the additional outfits... sorry for post. cant delete
  • monkeybone13monkeybone13 Member Posts: 4,640 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    diethe wrote: »
    Same problem. My 2nd Slot costume (Which is supposed to be available to wear off-duty clothing) Romulan-Klingon allied guy can't access the Off-Duty tab. It's greyed out and I'm only able to use the Uniform tab. I believe I couldn't change it the moment I was able to access the costumes at the Flotilla.

That's the problem. Only full Federation characters have access to off duty outfits. KDF and Romulan faction don't. I think recently someone asked about Romulan faction characters getting off duty wear and Cryptic basically said it's possible sometime later. Can't remember where I saw it on the forums.

Edit: Although, the once off-duty only Simple Shirt is now also available as a uniform top for all factions as well as the Mercenary 03 belt. (Which I thought was funny since the Mercenary belt is a Fed only off duty outfit and it's available for my KDF Klingon, though I'd have to check again on the Simple shirt, it might not be available for KDF)

Which leads me to suspect that possibly more Fed "off-duty" outfit pieces may become available as uniform options for all factions. Hey one can dram right? :D
  • mecteshmectesh Member Posts: 137 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I thought I was having this same issue on a level 7 alt. Initially, only the Uniform and inactive Fleet slots were present, with a note at the bottom of the screen as to how many additional I had available. I clicked on "Create", and even when going to the tab for "Head", the pull-down menu for the outfit type was grey and locked down as "Uniform". :confused:

Figuring this was just a "bug" of some sort, I saved it as-is anyway (functionally an unchanged clone of the first one). I then selected the second outfit, clicked on "Modify", then "Head", and... *poof* ...the pull-down menu was now active and "Off Duty" was available and selectable. Yes, I had to pay the EC for the changes, but it was only 70, and it's not like I couldn't afford it and/or would never change it again anyway. ;)
    Mac mini Server (mid 2011): 2GHz Intel Core i7, 8GB 1333 MHz DDR3, Intel HD Graphics 3000 512MB
    OS X El Capitan 10.11.2