test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

The Borg: 35k Invisi-Crit Torpedoes... AGAIN

icegavelicegavel Member Posts: 991 Arc User
edited November 2012 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
Literally just popped out of ISE, less than two minutes ago. Had a good team, nice, efficient. However, after we downed the first transformer in blink-and-you'll-miss-it time I went ahead and fired on the spheres that showed up, which proceeded to drain all 8k of my shields. Mammary glands, at this point had become upwardly-inclined enough for me to pop Evasive maneuvers and try to run away. I managed to get Hazard Emitters up, and I had full hull.

Then, I had NO hull. ONE hit. I didn't even SEE the torpedo. I'm flying a Chimera, mind you. 35.5k hull in ONE invisible crit. Needless to say, I was miffed. Same thing happened again, 5 minutes later. Same thing, but after the SECOND transformer, and I managed to keep 5% of my hull for 0.68 seconds.

Summary of bug: BORG CRIT TOO HARD. Yes, that was Elite, but this is RIDICULOUS! I've had this happen in an ODYSSEY, two WEEKS ago, with 58,000 hull. And yes, my Chimera has armor. One green Mk X Neutronium. My Odyssey had two blue ones, and it STILL got one-shot. I DON'T think this is intentional, so I'd like to request a fix.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    th3xr34p3rth3xr34p3r Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I've been telling them this since the first emergence of the one shot invis-torps in elite's.

Either:
    1. Make it so we can shoot them down
    2. or turn down the crit severity
    Cannot have both for it, its one or the other, and I would prefer option one at the very minimum. It's a reason that unless I'm needed for a few runs I just stick to normals.
    [SIGPIC]Click to visit Subspace-Radio[/SIGPIC]
    Twitter | Blog | Original Join Date: Dec 2007 | Gaming Setup | Raptr Profile | Gamer DNA
    The opinions expressed in my posts are my own views and do not reflect on any other entity(s) or person(s) I may or may not represent at the time.
  • Options
    ageroth1ageroth1 Member Posts: 129 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I have to agree. Those one-hit killers should be removed from the game.. it's not right to get blasted and then come back only to get blown away within five seconds, which has happened to me a couple times.