test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Mine Damage is unaffected by [DMG] & Weapon Quality

ussultimatumussultimatum Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited December 2013 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
As it says in the thread title:

Mines are (seemingly) not affected by the DMG modifier.

Nor are they (seemingly) affected by the weapon quality (color), unlike other weapons.

This means that a White MK XI Tricobalt Mine will have the same damage value as a Purple MK XI Tricobalt Mine with [DMG]x3.

The damage is listed the same in the exchange, in player inventory and also while equipped in space in the UI.

Obviously this makes the Fleet Mines a pretty terrible purchase.

Some questions for any Dev that might be willing to answer:

Is this a known issue with mines or is it a UI/Display issue?

Does it have to do with the way mine damage is calculated?
Post edited by ussultimatum on

Comments

• Options
    borticuscrypticborticuscryptic Member Posts: 2,478 Cryptic Developer
    edited November 2012
    I believe I've confirmed previously that this was a known issue, and not limited to being a display issue.

The good news is that the reason for this appears to have been tracked down, and fixed. I'm not sure when that fix will go live, or if it's even been approved by QA yet, but progress has at least been made on the issue.
    Jeremy Randall
    Cryptic - Lead Systems Designer
    "Play smart!"
  • Options
    ussultimatumussultimatum Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I believe I've confirmed previously that this was a known issue, and not limited to being a display issue.

The good news is that the reason for this appears to have been tracked down, and fixed. I'm not sure when that fix will go live, or if it's even been approved by QA yet, but progress has at least been made on the issue.

Thank you for the blazing fast response!
  • Options
    pottsey5gpottsey5g Member Posts: 4,177 Arc User
    edited November 2012

Thanks for fixing/looking into this, any chance we could have missing fleet mines like Transphasic advanced mines added?
  • Options
    admlanceladmlancel Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Was this ever actually fixed? I was just looking at the mine launchers myself and noticing that all this still seems to be true, at least display wise. I even bought and equipped some while in standard orbit and it still displayed the same damage numbers between a common Mk III and an uncommon Mk III [dmg].

I tried a google search through patch notes for the last year but I didn't see any references, and well... searching through a whole year of patch notes seemed pretty grueling to do manually. :o