test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

shanty town invisible walls

mikiiymikiiy Member Posts: 216 Arc User
edited December 2012 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
I've noticed theres either a ton of new invisible walls in shanty or the collision map of it got screwed.. this is kinda bad because it

a) slows people down when getting to close to those walls and theres really a ton of em now
b) some of those invisible walls seem totally non-intuitively placed - like you wouldn't expect it by looking at the terrain... like a lot of corners now.. you better don't get any close to the wall or you may get slowed down moving.. which is bad in pvp.
c) some legitimate fighting locations (like that ledge below the bridge) are really bad for non caitians.. you can jump down there (for some cover), may be able to fight some from there but can't get back up at all anymore; you used to be able to get back up before even as non-cat.. thats causing more stale long range bridge fights.
d) alot of locations that would have made much more sense to be blocked are still open.. like:
1) theres a way to get out of the map near the red spawn,
2) theres a way to get out of the map/stuck near the red base,
3) can still get on the roof above the blue spawn area,
4) quiete a bunch of roofs are still accessible to snipe down from with almost impunity for cats.

If you guys stealth patch pvp maps fix the real issues next time please.
- the virus needs a cloak disabling debuff added (theres people running viruses cloaked over roofs mostly to avoid detection!)
- roofs need to be closed down, or ways added for non cats to get on em as easily!
- that ledge under the bridge needs a legitimate way to get back up again
- close down the locations you can get stuck in..
- those invisible walls should stop slowing people down as much when running into em or need to be scaled back a bit at some places.
Post edited by mikiiy on

Comments

• Options
    alax2011alax2011 Member Posts: 105 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    yea i noticed these as well, please cryptic fix these invisible walls
    mikiiy wrote: »
    d) alot of locations that would have made much more sense to be blocked are still open.. like:
    1) theres a way to get out of the map near the red spawn,
    2) theres a way to get out of the map/stuck near the red base,
    3) can still get on the roof above the blue spawn area,
    4) quiete a bunch of roofs are still accessible to snipe down from with almost impunity for cats.

maybe they could add a trigger in that if you get on a roof you auto get beamed back to the spawn......and they can do that because they do that to you in Star Fleet Academy when you jump onto the ledge
  • Options
    zeratkzeratk Member Posts: 409
    edited December 2012
    I agree with the invisible walls problem.
    - the virus needs a cloak disabling debuff added (theres people running viruses cloaked over roofs mostly to avoid detection!)

The virus has a "debuff" in some kind. ;) Most people just don't know what it is. Personally i have never seen a cat using the roofs in the maps center to get the virus to the other teams main console. Quite useless i would say.

- roofs need to be closed down, or ways added for non cats to get on em as easily!

You mean the central buildings? The buildings more to the maps edge had been accessible to all players all the time. Don't know if this is still working.
    This is Crypticverse... :mad: